Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.2

DE_Adam

Come on, what was with this Tigris change? First time in YEARS I've cared to even try shotguns since... those gruesome shotgun nerfs from years ago. Duplex Trigger feels clunky, awkward... it sucks badly and it isn't fun or intuitive: For the love of shotguns, revert it please. If anything it should of been changed to be like this;

Left Click for single shell

Alt Fire for both shells

Right Click to zoom

You know... like every other double barrel shotgun in every other game ever. How do you mess up a double barrel shotgun? You even said this change doesn't affect DPS. You just nerfed the gun's usability because...?

article_54d5dc07-afc0-4cbb-93b0-3ec2a1df

I normally stay quiet and only lurk on the forums but come on. I'm wracking my brain for justification on such a pointless, and frankly, idiotic nerf to usability. Help me out DE, I want to understand.

I don't understand the removal of the alt-fire aspect to the tigris. It was a quality of life that actually made me remake and forma the weapon 6 times over. The duplex auto feature was still usable for those who enjoyed it. The alt-fire just needed some work, such as the stealth mechanic.

Feels awkward to use now. 

Nearly 4k posts and we still can't manage to present ourselves in a reasonable demeanor toward our devs..

Show some class.

Oh please, that could've have easily been worded in a much more negative tone. What I have said is in no way that unreasonable. I don't think you know anything about 'class'.

It's just the impression I've got is all - that it's been glossed over.

One of DE's goals is to not require specific weapons and/or looks to accomplish things outside of their scope. The melee mods that should only work on that weapon itself affecting a ranged ultimate ability did not seem intended. It doesn't seem like the special effects from one weapon were intended to carry over to another.

Do remember that Exalted Blade is a weapon with a specific stance on it (as is Valkyr's Hysteria for example). Mods from the pre-existing melee weapons will carry over, but the ones that require to be on a specific weapon to have their effects active were active on the wrong thing in the case of Exalted Blade.

If a syndicate mod on your primary would also give the same effect to your secondary, that would be a bug in the same vein as this, and would likely be fixed the same way (by making the effect only apply when the correct weapon itself is wielded).

The skill's potential DPS dropped? Oh well.

Considering they made changes for the 100% damage increase to affect EB soon after It was released leads me to think it was intended. However, then they've clearly decided it was too 'op'. Though then that limits their original intention of making lower tier weapons more viable. When it comes to Excalibur you usually consider what melee weapon you have equipped to work nicely with EB. Removing the 100% does restrict weapon choices to an extent. Thing is that EB is meant to be feeding off of your melee weapon. If that weapon is receiving a 100% damage boost I can't see why it shouldn't be transferred over to EB.

If anything maybe make it so only physical close quarters slashes receive the damage boost but not the energy waves. Kind of seems like a fair balance to me. I'd say one of the main problems with EB is just the energy wave spam. Restricting it to CQC sort of solves that issue. Some risk and some reward.

Edited by Naith

Oh look a catalyst invasion and the launcher keeps failing to update. Time to miss out on that because the fix will come too late, then when I log in I can delete excalibur because now he has no way to heal without running out of energy in endless missions, Thanks DE!

Or you could time channeling to minimize the cost.

Now just make Bullet Jump as good horizontally as vertically (or better...)

It's already as good, you just need to use rolling and sliding properly in midair.  Also, jump, then bullet jump for height.  Bullet jump, then jump and roll simultaneously for horizontal speed and range.

Jat Kittag is not nerfed? God damnit DE....

Have you tried using it?  It's hellishly slow.  If you got hammered by a jat, you deserved it for standing still.  I tried it for a single game, then said "nope, not getting stuck in seconds long animations" and switched back to a nikana, which totally deserved the nerf, BTW.  Also, have you been hit with a Gram-Slam recently?  It's nearly identical to what the jat does to you.

Are parkour moves being improved at all?

Bullet jump still needs tweeks and improvements regarding high jumps which aren't always consistent.

Forward bullet jumps are also inconsistent as they sometime go tool high and we keep clashing on walls and other maps details.

Nope.  It's very consistent.  There are different combinations that are good at different things.  It would be nice to make it so that forward bullet jumps can go only like 1-2 degrees upward instead of like 30 though.

Edit:  I mean it would be nice if they were variable below 30 degrees-ish instead of locking to a fairly high minimum trajectory.

Conclave is now whack-a-tenno. Do some quality control and nerf that Jat Kittag nonsense immediately. It's nothing but endless grand slam nonsense that looks and feels cheap.

Jat is fine.  It's ridiculously slow.  D. Nikana got fixed.  Good deal.

Tigris button tap is not both barrels, it's just a burst.

Nope, tapping is a burst of both barrels... that's why it uses both shells :|

The jat kittag was left alone? remind again how "balanced" the new pvp is LMAO

Better than you think.  TBH I kinda wish time to kill would go up holistically, but that really wouldn't work well considering how ridiculously mobile we are compared to slow clunky melee weapons with fixed animations that can't be canceled out of.

It does say ALLOY. Carbon's pretty weak too, yet, put it in with iron and you get steel, which is stronger than both.

Carbon is very strong, but very brittle.  We combine carbon with Iron because iron is fairly sturdy vs bending, but also is too malleable for certain structural uses.  By doping (or alloying them together, if you wish), we can more or less tailor our metal to behave how we want it to.

Edited by Vitalis_Inamorta

Not sure if anyone brought it up but the Tonkor's ammo pool has been reduced to 30 this patch. Wasn't in the Patch notes, tried to slip a stealth nerf in there.

k9m8r3K.jpg

Going to go find a table to flip. Not too butt hurt about he change but I formaed my tonkor and my tigris like 6 times each and the next patch they changed them. Not really a nerf but unneeded changes that were unwanted.

Not going to stop playing or anything. Just not gonna buy platinum any time soon. Vote with your wallet peeps and peepettes.

The melee mods that should only work on that weapon itself affecting a ranged ultimate ability did not seem intended.  

Except for it was intended. Because they specifically enabled that functionality in a hotfix.

So if it really was unintended as you say, then that can only mean that DE literally doesn't think about the things they are changing to the game without any sort of testing what-so-ever.

So which is? Did DE do it intentionally or did they not think for 5 seconds about what they were doing? Because both of these things can't be true. 

Edited by f3llyn

Over 200k credits, 30 tellurium and 30k polymer bundles and you think everything's fine? Srsly?

sounds fine if you divide it by the number of Players your Clan Size can support. it's extremely reasonable even if those are the prices for a Ghost Clan.

if you want Clantech Costs to be balanced for 1 Player... buy it from the Market when applicable.

anyone that wants to complain about ClanTech Costs should first divide the numbers by the maximum number of Players their Clan can hold, and then think about how (probably not awful) it is to get that much per Player. 90% of your Clan inactive? that's your fault and problem, not everyone else's.

Works for me?

Unless I'm not sure what you mean.

I personally wish that the mid-air jump was higher, but meh I can live with it.

some of the Designing on Loki Prime was previously on Tint 4, but is now merged into Tint 3 to make room for coloring the Gold.

blah blah, we need like 12 Color Tints. :p

if you 'Crouch Jump' for your Double Jump, you get more velocity out of it.

only if it's after a Bullet Jump, though.

but Bullet Jump + Double Jump + Air Roll + Glide goes pretty damn far!

Edit:

Nobody owes you a weapon attuned to your preferences only.

good thing since it was Alt-Fire that it was a secondary optional method of using the Weapon. therefore tuned to more Players, rather than to the preferences of just one.

derp.

Seriously, 60000 Cryotic for a Shadow Clan? That's a requirement I'd expect from a Moon Clan!!!

that's 2000 Cryotic per Player. not exactly high.

Removing the 100% does restrict weapon choices to an extent.

i understand what you're saying, but it's not like Exalted Blade was lacking in Damage potential by any means without any of those Mods.

hell, it isn't even lacking even if your Melee Weapon only has half of it's Mod Slots filled.

i think there's better argument for things other than Damage, as Exalted Blade totally has Damage already covered.

It's very consistent.

the Angle you push from is affected by the Terrain you're standing on, however.

if there's a tiny little bump on the floor that doesn't look like a bump, you could accidentally go vertical when you wanted to go diagonal if you happen to jump at that spot, Et Cetera.

the Actions are very reliable, yes. but the Tiles you do them in aren't.

also, thank you kindly for understanding Metallurgy! :) it's fairly rare to see on the Internet.

Tonkor's ammo pool has been reduced to 30 this patch.

those are some nice Castanas you have there. funny how they use Sniper Ammo. and that people have been expressing dislike that having two Weapons that use the same Ammo Type will cut the larger pool to match the smaller one as they'll share the same Ammo.

it's been that way for uh.... well forever, really. we just only noticed when Secondaries started using Sniper Ammo. before we wouldn't have seen it, but the game would have still done the same thing.

so yourself and anyone else, no need to get butthurt about some sort of stealth nerf and that the sky is falling. it's gross that it works that way, but it's always worked that way.

Edited by taiiat