Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.2.5

[DE]Rebecca

Honestly I felt the survival changes where fine people more so just didn't like the idea of using the pods due to being too used to not having to. I mean hell for the most you still didn't have to use them. Not fully sure why this was reverted.

Because the basic idea was for you to make use of everything you have in order to keep Life Support up, but the balance was faulty.

In squad keeping LS up with personal LS and LS towers was ok.

On the other hand solo survival, for example, on T1 survival i ran out ouf LS twice in a row, although enemies die relatively fast, i move around a lot, use LS towers, while yelling at Lotus to shut the hell up... Running through 3-4 rooms to find like 20 enemies tops, and getting from them way less LS than you wasted in order to find 'em and running out of LS even with all towers "in use" is no fun, no "tension", as i presume, DE hoped for. It's just annoying and infuriateing...

I understand what you were trying to do with Survival DE, and you were going on the right path.

Initially upon introduction of the new survival, I tried to play survival with my friend on Ceres, Nuovo, a non-void T3 survival, and it was nearly impossible. The fun was entirely gone and I was extremely upset at how scarce life support seemed all of a sudden. Spawns were insane (which were good and exciting) yet life support seemed to vanish in the blink of an eye. But I also found myself being able to clutch on by running and using all the life support capsules (something which you guys were intending for), and thus I thought I was the only one who wouldn't like this change, and that no one would complain on the forum about this survival being no longer fun.

I took this with my friend into Void Survival T1, and we could sustain ourselves well to 40 minutes... but it was extremely stressful to be worried about the life support constantly, and it felt like it was all we were doing instead of having fun killing enemies. My friend then went down and upon trying to revive him, we noticed the life support had suddenly dropped down below 10% without our acknowledgement, and needless to say we lost at 48 minutes. Going on to the forums we noticed that we weren't the only ones displeased with this new change to survival.

I believe some of us understand what you were trying to do with survival, but it rendered the mode extremely stressful and unfun, even if it meant the life support capsules started having a use. You were going on the right path, but perhaps went a bit too far; my friend and I sincerely believe you guys were doing the right thing, but perhaps a little bit of tweaking will resolve this.

We understand that life support capsules being unused and building up till the point they no longer spawn seems a bit silly and a wasted feature, but if it comes to the point where players just aren't having fun anymore, it might be wiser to return to the old survival system (which you guys have for now), and for this I thank you greatly and deeply. This means a lot to us, I say this humbly on behalf of all the players. Indeed, perhaps just some more tweaking in the future will make the fine line of perfection. Thank you again for listening to the players. Your actions have warmed my heart and many others I'm sure.

I humbly I believe you guys are doing a good work with the patches for this great game, especially given how rapid this one was (just one day after) to return the old survival along with some changes and fixes. All I can do is say a thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you, DE.

>The Mastery Sigil that was given out via Inbox message has been added to the Market for 1 Credit!

that's great for those who missed it - props, DE!

and for survival? well, good to see you aren't trying to force that change on us, esp for the solo players. 20 minutes should always be achievable by a competent player, regardless of team size and whether a nekros is present or not. being too dependent on RNG and spawn logics is just frustrating in the end.

if you ask me, rule of thumb for balancing should be: nekros not required. during 17.2.4 he was.

maybe you should even make desecrate not drop additional air, just so balancing it out would be easier for you guys. not 100% sure on that, though.

Fixes:

• Fixed not being able to do a number of actions while sprinting (Waypoints, Hotkeys). If you encounter more issues with certain key actions not working in certain states, please let us know.

While using Sound Quake with Banshee I'm unable to waypoint things...which is helpful if you're getting wrecked by an Osprey while controlling crowds.

Banshee can't perform other actions while using Quake in the first place, being able to mark things again would be nice.

Thanks DE! Awesome work!

I would like to bring to your attention a bug with the Quanta Vandal that I have run into along with other Tenno. This bug became a problem only recently after the past few updates at least after 17 ( I can't remember exactly which update number).

Here is one forum discussion that is describing the issue:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/518864-i-didnt-know-where-to-put-this-bug-quanta-vandal-broken-alt-fire-broken/

Basically, the cubes don't act like objects anymore and can't be manually blown up with the lazer anymore; they also go through almost anything (except frost shields) and do weird damage numbers.

I would love to see this fixed in the next hotix/update!

I hope you guys are having a great day!

Survival Changes & Fixes:

• Fixed an issue where Personal Life Support Capsules would give 2x the intended amount when picked up by Clients in certain scenarios. This bug has existed since Survival was introduced, and is a huge contributor in why Solo missions are so much harder in Survival (no Clients to get 2x the Life Support).
  • Changed the amount of seconds each Personal Life Support Capsule gives from 4 seconds to 7 seconds (please note that the unit here is seconds, not percent).
  • General Note: Restored the Personal Life Support Capsule drop chances to pre Update 17.2.4 values. What this means in the short term is that the stakes and pressure are back to being very low (for now). With the 17.2.5 version of Survival, it is likely that having a full row of unused Life Support Towers will be easy to achieve, especially in a group setting. However, work is ongoing to strike a balance in what the right amount of urgency in Life Support is.

Thank you for the temporary changes to survival. I will try them out when I get back today.

I look forward to trying the next set of changes you experiment with.

I think one of the better ideas people have been saying is to remove PLS completely and have LS pods spawn around the map with a set time to get to it and activate before your LS runs out

E.g. 40 seconds of LS left Lotus shows you the next LS drop location, and then at 20 Seconds left the LS Pod drops ready to activate.

Edited by maimus

• Fixed not being able to do a number of actions while sprinting (Waypoints, Hotkeys). If you encounter more issues with certain key actions not working in certain states, please let us know.

so... it's also not intended that you can't use health/shield restores while reviving? I also found it nasty that it didn't work anymore... only the one who is to be revived can use them, but I'm generally the only one who uses them at all^^ (besides it's hard to guess how much help another Warframe needs, so it's often too late when I see their health dropping)