Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Multishot Change Mentioned In Devstream 59 [Megathread]

Invalid_Infinity

They finally made Multishot make sense. When I first got it, I though shooting an extra bullet would cost extra ammo. But it didn't. I thought it was weird, but I rolled with it.

You can't just expect to shoot extra bullets but not consume additional ammo. That's not how guns work.

try to find some logic into "magic super space ninja games"...

A mod that magicaly duplicates your bullets for free never felt out of place for ya? I knew this would happen.

You do know that cartridges with two bullets exist right ? so called duplex cartridges. So the mod could mean adapting weapon to this type of ammo, it  actually would make more sense then weapon being able to shot two bullets from two independent cartridges at the same time, even though gun has only one gun barrel.

a mod that alters your clip to convert different ammunition is okay, nothing weird about that. As for kubrows, I don't know what you are babbling about, there are only mods for longer bleed out duration. Meaning that your dog was moded to survive longer.

Ammo mutation alters ammo you pick up, and then it adds to your current ammo. Tell me how easy it is in real life to do that. Then you can tell me how logical it is. Don't even think about telling me this game isn't always about logic anyways.

You do know that cartridges with two bullets exist right ? so called duplex cartridges. So the mod could mean adapting weapon to this type of ammo, it  actually would make more sense then weapon being able to shot two bullets from two independent cartridges at the same time, even though gun has only one gun barrel.

Yeah but  I am sure that you know that the current mod makes you shoot more ammo than you physicaly own...

So don't go at me with physicaly correct and realistic forms when the current mod shoots bullets from alternate dimensions or from god knows where.

Ammo mutation alters ammo you pick up, and then it adds to your current ammo. Tell me how easy it is in real life to do that. Then you can tell me how logical it is. Don't even think about telling me this game isn't always about logic anyways.

Are you realy going to argue about realism in a sci-fi futuristic fantasy?  The bullets could could be compatible for all we know. Or they are not and some other loreish mambo jambo makes it possible. Just don't swing around with real life realisms :)

Edited by Deshiel

love this... ''it will kill warframe'' exactly what ppl use to say before every major changes like parkour 2.0, starchart 3.0 and things like that, can you just stop complain BEFORE the actual change? 

Can you quit complaining about people complaining? Oh wait, that would be somewhat like a hypocrite.

Yeah but  I am sure that you know that the current mod makes you shoot more ammo than you physicaly own...

So don't go at me with physicaly correct and realistic forms when the current mod shoots bullets from alternate dimensions or from god knows where.

I dont think you get what is duplex ammo, its two bullets PER cartridge, what it means that while normally you had for example 100 bullets in 100 cartriges with duplex ammo you have 200 bullets inside of 100 cartridges. so amount of cardridges wont change but amount of bullets will double.

you said earlier that changing one bullet type in another makes more sense, then in this case, this mod changes normal ammo/cartriges into duplex type.

I dont think you get what is duplex ammo, its two bullets PER cartridge, what it means that while normally you had for example 100 bullets in 100 cartriges with duplex ammo you have 200 bullets inside of 100 cartridges. so amount of cardridges wont change but amount of bullets will double.

you said earlier that changing one bullet type in another makes more sense, then in this case, this mod changes normal ammo/cartriges into duplex type.

You are right. I didn't get it. This actualy makes sense.

love this... ''it will kill warframe'' exactly what ppl use to say before every major changes like parkour 2.0, starchart 3.0 and things like that, can you just stop complain BEFORE the actual change? 

Yes, we should all sit around complacently while bad ideas roll through uncontested. Don't point out any ways that they could go wrong.

And I said it would kill it for me. In the same way another game was killed.

"Boo hoo now i have to remember why Ammo mutation mods exists. MAH BOLTOR PRIME DEE-PEE-ES, Q.Q!!!11one"

This topic in a nutshell.

This is just pathetic how people with attention span of a canary running in circles trying to intimidate DE.

We saw this in the past, don't we? Death of coptering anyone? PWE debacle? Everytime forum doomsingers bending over backward crying that they will "leave the game, if..." and proclaiming the soon-to-be death of Warframe.

Disgusting.

Or at least can you just let Warframe die for you once and for all so we can move on with players a that don't go totally crazy before every major change??

Absolutely agree with you!

Here you can see how duplex cartriges look and how they work in action:

But... Cartridges would explain the duplicity within ammunition, but what about arrows, or bolts? You see only one arrow being drawn with a bow, yet you can shoot out two.

"Boo hoo now i have to remember why Ammo mutation mods exists. MAH BOLTOR PRIME DEE-PEE-ES, Q.Q!!!11one"

This topic in a nutshell.

This is just pathetic how people with attention span of a canary running in circles trying to intimidate DE.

We saw this in the past, don't we? Death of coptering anyone? PWE debacle? Everytime forum doomsingers bending over backward crying that they will "leave the game, if..." and proclaiming the soon-to-be death of Warframe.

Disgusting.

Funny that ranting bothers you.

Quick people, do it some more.

Applying real life logic doesn't work in such games.

Most of mods available in Warframe are straight upgrades, if you were to apply same logic here, Serration would increase recoil or bigger mags would decrease reload speed...

Oh.

Some clever guy over there somewhere suggested huge decrease of performance of straight upgrade mods, while tradeoffs would be more powerful to compensate.

Current system is a huge mess, and requires complete rework.

Not to annoy every single player here, DE should start with reworking infinite scaling (and maybe capping it at lv80-100) and THEN nerf our tools designed to fight with enemies that are both bulletsponges and spew instakill rounds right and left while being completely omniscient of everything because AI doesn't work perfectly either.

DE is doing this rework completely backwards.

They should start with making scaling bearable, then improve AI and nerf our tools in parallel.

This would result in temporary spike of players' performance against enemies, when every single weapon would be ridiculously OP just to get balanced later on.

Instead, DE is going to nerf our bandaid solutions to their broken designs first, and then maybe consider fixing the core of the problem.

Edited by Mofixil

All these people defending EVERYTHING DE does make me laugh. As if they can do no wrong. I bet if they took all your forma'd weapons away and replaced them with non-forma weapons and took formas out the game(all the while buffing all enemy facts to raid level as starter) they'd find a way to justify it.I love the game and am open minded but some of you act as if you would accept a steaming plate of poo from DE happily. Then they say they are gonna nerf it to super poo, and you say "well if DE thinks its for the best.....Ill wait to give the taste of super poo a chance", LOL.

Back on topic, if they did make this ammo multishot thing a reality then there goes quite a bit of damage and weapons, starting with the already high ammo consumption synnoid gammacore.

Edit: BTW im not disrespecting DE(i know some of you will take it that way). What im saying is not everybody looks at DE and says "THEYYYYYYYRE GREAT". I love warframe but this nerf trend needs to stop. The mods/weapon/frame is OP to you? Stop using it/playing with people who use said item. Is this term used a lot, yes, but its because its logical. You're in a clan for a reason. They have a recruitment channel for a reason. You can pm people FOR. A. REASON.

Edited by (PS4)whoistimjones

All these people defending EVERYTHING DE does make me laugh. As if they can do no wrong. I bet if they took all your forma'd weapons away and replaced them with non-forma weapons and took formas out the game(all the while buffing all enemy facts to raid level as starter) they'd find a way to justify it.I love the game and am open minded but some of you act as if you would accept a steaming plate of poo from DE happily. Then they say they are gonna nerf it to super poo, and you say "well if DE thinks its for the best.....", LOL.

Back on topic, if they did make this ammo multishot thing a reality then there goes quite a bit of damage and weapons, starting with the already high ammo consumption synnoid gammacore.

I like you. We could be friends.

Melee users are laughing at this proposed change. Once that's done a nerf will come to melee too so it can be balanced. Nah, we need to nerf all Warframe abilities being too OP because we're using space ninja magic. Wait....nope, nope, nope. Parkour was just a bug this whole time guys. It's getting taken out the same time when we patch the happiness of the majority of players in this game.

DE Is Love DE is Life.

I was only 9 years old I loved DE so much, I had all the merchandise and founders

I pray to DE every night before bed thanking them for the life I've been given.

DE is love I say, DE is life

My dad overhears me and calls me an Elitist

I knew he was just jealous of my devotion for DE

I called him a Filthy Casual

He slaps me and sends me to go to sleep

Im crying now, and my face hurts

I lay in bed and its really cold

A warmth is moving towards me.

I feel something touch me

Its DE

I am so happy

DE whispers in to my ear "this is my game"

DE grabs me with their powerful Tenno hands and puts me on my hands and knees

I'm ready

I spread my wallet for DE

DE takes my credit card

It hurts so much but I do it for DE

I can feel my bank account tearing as my eyes start to water

I push against DE's force

I want to please DE

DE roars a mighty roar as DE fills my luck with their RNG

My dad walks in

DE looks him straight in the eye and says "Its all OGRIS now"

DE leaves through my Liset

DE is love, DE is life

How do you smell the color nine?

Error: 404 brain has malfunctioned

But... Cartridges would explain the duplicity within ammunition, but what about arrows, or bolts? You see only one arrow being drawn with a bow, yet you can shoot out two.

That I agree would be harder to explain, unless it was somekind of special arrow that splits in midair. Also not everything is meant to be logical for example during previous devstream someone asked about multishot for melee weapons, and DE shown interest in the idea, now please someone explain to me how would it work with our laws of physics. also I want to see them balance multishot for melee weapons that dont use ammo....

Edited by Culaio