Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Forma Famine, And A Final Solution To This Madness

Hortonman

Make Baro sell them really cheap, like 20 ducats. So you can buy in advance how much you think is needed and are, in essence, in control of its 'drop rate' while giving a nice little bonus to Baro's arrival.

I think this would be the best solution now with the forma for ducats solution for the forma glut having been rejected. It should be costed in orokin cells as those drop frequently in the rotations.

Love the idea! I would even like to see Forma as a guaranteed drop from any Eximus over a certain rank. Say, any Eximus that spawns in either the Void or above Rank 25 in the star map, would have Oberon parts replaced by Forma BP or even a Forma. This would allow lower rank folks to get their Oberon without forcing others into the Void to get them. 

But even with the original suggestion, yes, fantastic idea!

I wish I could up vote this more than once.

I think it would be easier to just allow Forma BPs to be sold for ducats, or to put them in T1 rewards with more frequency, but this way would help eliminate the rage player #2 type get when they don't get their fabled prime part.

I like it.

DE....do it.

Please.

Im actually swimming in formas BP after coutless T2 captures for Loki BP, but I love the idea.

I have 5 Loki BPs from my numerous attempts to farm Forma in T2 Capture.......and no Forma BPS......

RNG YAY!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Thumper3

Fully support the first post.

Im trying to help new players into the game and after spending over 270 Forma-worthy void keys with a full group for the credit weekend, we only pulled 13 forma's...this is not fair on new players, and me as a hardcore farmer, find this extremely off-putting to play further until the Forma drop rates are put right and raised.

Edited by SnakeWildlife

RNG is hard with some of you. During this week end i used some T2/T3 keys and got a handfull of forma bp.

That being said, they could replace the keys we get in T1/T2/derelict with forma bp. Problem solved.
All that will also help new players.

If we want keys, there are tons of missions in the starchart that give them already.

But one thing you have to remember concerning new players, you don't have lots of neural sensor/orokin cells/neurodes to begin with.

Forma is very plentifully available. it has been for a very long time.

moving Forma to somewhere else completely achieves nothing.

"i'll get more of the Prime Part i'm looking for!!!!!111!!!one"

no, you won't. Digital Extremes isn't going to change the rates of anything just because. if they remove something, something else goes in it's place.

people whined for months that Transmutation had Rare Ability Mods in it's pool.

so Digital Extremes removed them. and instead, you got Common and Uncommon Mods in the same volume.

gg, idiots. now instead of getting 1/4 of the Mods you put in back, you get 0/4 sometimes. how exactly is that better? psst - it isn't.

if you removed all items from a pool but the thing you were looking for (so, if Ash Blueprint was the only thing in Defense III Rotation C), you'd just have a 99% Chance to get nothing.

gg.

besides, 'Forma famine'? pls.

anyone that was around in U8 knows what a real 'Forma famine' is. 0.67% expected Chance was fun.

- - - - -

the worst part of this, is Eximus Enemies would have Forma as their Rare Drop, obviously.

so, 20% of the Enemies can be Eximus(as Endless Missions go on, Eximus Chance increases from a couple percent up to 20%). 2.5% Chance to drop anything in the Drop Pool, 2.5% Chance for a Rare from that pool.

if your Void Mission averages 3000 Enemies Killed, 600 of them will be Eximus give or take.

3000 * 0.2 == 600 * 0.025 == 15 * 0.025 == 0.375.

so, that's like, what, playing a Survival for 40+ Minutes or so(probably a lot longer, i don't think a Squad of 4 will ever get close to 3000 in 40 minutes, should be ~2250 for 40 Minutes), and you still probably haven't gotten even one Forma?

Forma Famine INDEED.

Edit:

before anyone says 'oh but it will be a Common Drop'.

you can say that, but Digital Extremes won't do it. if they do it, it'll be marked as Rare, not common or Uncommon.

Edited by taiiat

Forma is very plentifully available. it has been for a very long time.

I think...you may have totally missed the recent nerf/KILL to forma drop rates, and not done enough testing before-and-after like some of us have been doing lately ^^; with all respect.

The latest results are so dire, theyre repressing our will to continue because of the steepness.

Edited by SnakeWildlife

-snip-

if i play some Void Missions during a day, i will get several Forma Blueprints.

i think you're just whining at the air that everything isn't located in one Mission.

there's a wide variety of Void Missions, yet there's a giant 'famine' because two Void Missions out of all of them don't drown you in it?

please.

don't be a drama queen.

Youre being trollish when others are giving you proper reason, so this will be my last response to you regardless of wether you care or not to see the other side of the coin that exists. This IS what is happening right now, regardless of whatever you have to say about it.

Accurately in game to aqcuire a Forma you need to:

1. Get a T3 or T4 key of the type you need.  This means late-game Interception to the end of the 4rth round, or try your luck in Earth Excavation for an hour and hope you get the T3 key you want 1/10 chance to get the exact key you need, per several hundred Cryotic.

Doing this can take between 15 minutes in a lucky break, to 2 hours if your luck isnt good, for a single Void key of the type youre looking for.

2. Run that Void key, for which now it appears you have (from my groups tests) 13/270 chance of getting a Forma

270 Void Keys x15 minutes with godlike luck = at least 4050 minutes (67.5 hours straight hard work) to 32400 minutes (540 hours...worst luck in the world)

We ran those keys for 10 hours a day for 4 days during the double credit 4-day weekend and only got 13 Forma.

Final Result under the new forma drop tables:

It takes us at least 67.5 to 540 hours ingame HardFarming time, for us to get around 270 keys of 2 brands, those keys without stopping except for food, will take around 4 days (or MUCH more, we were running capture/exterminates) to finally get through, and all we got was 13 Forma.

^

Those figures are ludicrous and speak for themselves, we do not need your input or trolling on this matter.

Edited by SnakeWildlife

Youre being trollish when others are giving you proper reason, so this will be my last response to you regardless of wether you care or not to see the other side of the coin that exists. This IS what is happening right now, regardless of whatever you have to say about it.

Accurately in game to aqcuire a Forma you need to:

1. Get a T3 or T4 key of the type you need.  This means late-game Interception to the end of the 4rth round, or try your luck in Earth Excavation for an hour and hope you get the T3 key you want 1/10 chance to get the exact key you need, per several hundred Cryotic.

Doing this can take between 15 minutes in a lucky break, to 2 hours if your luck isnt good, for a single Void key of the type youre looking for.

2. Run that Void key, for which now it appears you have (from my groups tests) 13/270 chance of getting a Forma

270 Void Keys x15 minutes with godlike luck = at least 4050 minutes (67.5 hours straight hard work) to 32400 minutes (540 hours...worst luck in the world)

We ran those keys for 10 hours a day for 4 days during the double credit 4-day weekend and only got 13 Forma.

Final Result under the new forma drop tables:

It takes us at least 67.5 to 540 hours ingame HardFarming time, for us to get around 270 keys of 2 brands, those keys without stopping except for food, will take around 4 days (or MUCH more, we were running capture/exterminates) to finally get through, and all we got was 13 Forma.

^

Those figures are ludicrous and speak for themselves, we do not need your input or trolling on this matter.

it's your choice to farm for forma. which is a ridiculous notion. play some void missions, trying for parts or items you need, and you'll get forma Bps along the way. it just happened this week. i played 8-ish void missions and got one. and who farms for void keys? also crazy. play some spy/defense/survival for various resources/mods and again you'll be rewarded with void keys. you can use syndicate standing to get more keys as well. and they're not very pricey at all. 

also "It takes us at least 67.5 to 540 hours ingame HardFarming time,"   that's a large gap. 67.5 to 540 hrs? wtf is that? that's not even a guess. how much do you weigh? 50-650 pounds?

-snip-

That's why he said to try other void missions. T2 drops a lot of formas bp

And T3 keys you find them doing triton with cores x5, spy (5 min run with loki) and you forgot keyshare.

And again 13 bp from 270 keys you are the unluckiest player ever. I went from 115 to 145 bp using roughly 1/3 of your number of key

Edited by Gilmaesh

Forma dropping from enemies that die in droves would diminish their importance though. Not to mention lore problems, like why would a controlled being carry a forma blueprint? Also, with the number of eximus in late stage of endless missions, forma would end up flowing more than before. We already have several hundred sets of Oberon.

Forma as reward should be reverted back to previous version but then *remove* them T3 and T4. T3/4 should be for farming parts. T1/2 should be for resources more useful to lower rank players. Players only able to do T1/2 would be glad getting formas while higher rank players would prefer to get prime parts. And they can still play T1/2 for these resources other than easy leveling.

But our discussion here is moot anyway since DE is revamping how the Void and keys work and most likely the reward table as well.

there is no "solution" as the unfavourable droprates are wanted - but ofc not because of some subset of players. here's a hint: DE implemented and "fixed" the droprates time and time again. you could fix that stuff in a minute by removing or drastically lowering chances of uncommon cores and void keys and fill in the gaps with forma _and_ prime parts. equalize the weighted chances a bit, add a rotation and you're golden. (hek, you could even programm individualized rewards or safeguards against streaks of bad luck.) why people on these forums still debate issues with the game as if anyone else but the actual developers are at fault is a mystery to me. then again the devs don't have the basic decency to clearly state that this stuff works like that so that people are annoyed and circumvent it by paying. simple as that, it's actually not that big a deal if you're just honest about it.

IDK about Forma Famine.  Over the course of my 14d worth of playtime I have

5x Forma'd my Soma, Soma Prime, Gorgon Wraith, Tiberon, Braton Prime, Supra.

4x Forma'd Rhino Prime

3x Forma'd Oberon, Exaclibur, Aksomati

2x Forma'd Akzani, Dual Raza, Braton Mk1, Kohm

1x Forma'd A couple other things I was testing but didnt keep.

I currently have 11 Forma in my bank, 5 of which are ready to be used on a Prisma Gorgon.

Of all these Forma I have used, I have bought maybe 10 of them?  All the rest were off Alerts, Invasions, Captures and assorted void missions. 

IDK, maybe recent changes really made FOrma impossible to get, but I havent had a FOrma problem.