Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.4.2

DE_Adam

-snip-

Plausible.  But who cares?

Its accuracy is broken and I'm not entirely interested in justifications as to why the weapon had to be changed.  The change, despite some words to the contrary, is enormous.  A simple, very simple, fix to damage would have taken care of the issue.  There is no reason to have even touched accuracy, crit chance, crit damage, or fire rate.

This feels much more like a case of releasing something thoughtlessly then realizing a week and a half later that it might make Diriga + Vulklok more desirable than Carrier Prime + Sweeper Prime, then going into panic mode for whatever reason and hitting all the buttons to eradicate it.  I'm saying it's what it feels like, not that it's what actually happened.

At any rate, I'm back to being a curmudgeon about changes to the game and The Prophets Of Nerfing cult that is a stain on this game and community.  Hopefully, these bizarre and seemingly random changes to gameplay (of all the things that might have demanded attention in the game at present, they chose this?) do not carry over to Sword Coast Legends.

1. Its accuracy is broken and I'm not entirely interested in justifications as to why the weapon had to be changed. 

2. seemingly random changes to gameplay

1. because it was totally overpowered

2. rly? because ONE weapon changed, the gameplay changed? it was a new weapon and thats the way of new weapons..they sometimes have to be balanced. theres nothin randomly on it.

1. because it was totally overpowered

2. rly? because ONE weapon changed, the gameplay changed? it was a new weapon and thats the way of new weapons..they sometimes have to be balanced. theres nothin randomly on it.

If it was overpowered, why not simply affect the damage of the weapon?  If that base damage had been changed to, say, 25 down from 100, the change would have been much easier to digest.  I, for one, would have simply accepted that the weapon was overtuned and had been brought down to an acceptable level.  150-275 damage per shot, good crit rate, good status, good fire rate, good accuracy, it would have remained a viable alternative to Carrier and worked well as a CC machine without one-shotting everything at low levels.

Changing the accuracy and rate of fire majestically obliterated any use the sentinel might have.  I am not (or was not) against change or adjustments.  But this?  This isn't a change.  It's a total and complete rework that turns the sentinel into a floating, heaping pile of garbage figuratively and literally.

Edit: typos

Edit 2:

And if the CC is what was problematic in the first place, then all I can say is there was clearly an utter lack of understanding of this game's mechanics by whoever decided to make a crowd control Sentinel to begin with.  CC is the single, most effective thing in any game in that it's the only reliable means of dealing with enemies at any level.  Anyone playing or working on Warframe should have an understanding of that.

If that were the case, then a simple disclosure of: 'Oops.  We severely underestimated the usefulness of having an equipped companion crowd controlling enemies for the player.' and not the hogwash they served us for dinner with last night's justification.

Edited by DelialFallen

This feels much more like a case of releasing something thoughtlessly then realizing a week and a half later that it might make Diriga + Vulklok more desirable than Carrier Prime + Sweeper Prime, then going into panic mode for whatever reason and hitting all the buttons to eradicate it. 

> For whatever reason

They *@##$ about people using Carrier and even outright insult said people on their Devstream, yet as soon as we find something else we like it gets nerfed into the ground. Why is that? Well 10o, if Diriga is suddenly better or more desirable than Carrier Prime, then that means less sales for their current goyim prime access, which includes the golden eggplant. Can't have that happening. 

Year of quality. What a joke.

Oh, hey! A sniper rifle! Better nerf accuracy B-) 

Well, no one can stop the Nerftrain ;P

Kubrows kinda useless, most sentinels just crap or wayyyy too weak and now this. Seriously the only sentinel worth using is carrier prime, because he can at least do something useful

Edited by Rigoxa

TNX DE!

Btw..when can we use "Scattered Justice" on Vaykor HEK ? :) would be nice

Why would Scattered Justice be allowed on Vaykor Hek?  Syndicate Mods have 2 abilities one of which Vaykor Hek already has built into the weapon itself.  Me personally If I was to use the regular Hek i wouldn't use both Scattered Justice and Hell's Chamber I'd replace Hell's Chamber with Scattered Justice and do the rest the build how I would normally do it.  Having both is great but I personally think that both are not needed as both are over 100%.  If they were to make Scattered Justice available for Vaykor Hek not only is that pointless It would make the Vaykor Hek way to overpowered in my opinion because of its status build and critical build potential.  Using both multishot mods on regular hek is fine for those who do so but me personally I wouldn't and because Vaykor Hek is powerful enough with the built in Justice ability and has decent critical stats and status stat to make Scattered Justice available for Vaykor Hek would not only be pointless it would make it to overpowered in my opinion.  If hypothetically they did make it available to do i still wouldn't use both multishot mods i don't think its necessary and a complete waste of elemental damage potential due to its status stat.

That's just my opinion I would like to hear other opinions if anyone has any.  I sometimes overlook things that others don't and would like to hear other opinions to get better perspective on the matter if for some reason people think it would be a good idea to have that happen.

Just tested it:

Damage and fire rate nerf is tolerable, but accuracy nerf is a f*ckin overkill!

I wouldn't even be so furious about it - just another pointless nerf by DE, another mastery fodder to forget about, but the damn thing is supposed to be a SNIPER WEAPON and it's having trouble hitting anything beyond melee range!

I think everyone will agree it (Vulklok) needed a nerf but making it miss in its intended role AS A SNIPER 80% of the time is rather the wrong way of nerfing it.

RoF nerf, fine, base damage fine, crit rate, multiplier buff not needed since it does not even hit in the first place. 

Seriously who does your Q&A who does your play testing? This does NOT bode well towards the announced damage/multishot redo.

If you handle that in the same ham fisted way it will harm the game. It also makes people having faith in you look foolish. Making people look foolish and making people lose trust is a sure way of making the same people not spend money on your product!!!

I wrote several comments against the doom mongers concerning the incoming multishot nerf, way to go to sink any argument speaking in your favor.   

How there are people still naive enough to defend DE after they @!#$?ed us over so many times already, i simply cannot understand.

It's been obvious for a few months now that they have no idea what they are doing, Exalted blade augment shenanigans, absurd reasoning behind multishot nerf, overall ignorance of any and all feedback, the list just keeps going on.

Your "doom mongers" are just people that play the game for a while and have seen what DE is capable of.

• Fixed Volt’s Electric Shield giving every ranged projectile a 70m default range. Important note: we will be revisiting the design to allow for interesting range interactions with Volt's Shield and guns ASAP.

Why remove it now? You could have just taken a note for it to be reworked. Not just make it useless completely. Even saying the "Important note", it is still a wrong decision.

------ 

Vulklok Weapon Changes:

The following changes have been made to the Sentinel Vulklok weapon as per: https://forums.warfr...ge-adjustments/

• Weapon damage has been reduced.
  • Weapon accuracy and rate of fire has been reduced.
  • Proc chance for electric procs has been increased.
  • Weapon crit chance and crit damage has been increased.

what in the name of raptor jesus was that ??? the FIRST SENTINEL to finally replace my CARRIER and it gets nerfed because of it ???

do you even WANT anyone to use other sentinels DE??? this was the chance to change that with an actual firepower sentinel!!

the right thing to do...

Vulklok Weapon Changes:

• Weapon attack speed and magazine size has been reduced.
  • Weapon crit chance and crit damage has been slightly increased.

why: since its a sniper it should fire slower, magazine size will probably around 5, so it will not be so OP on early level, once on high level you can mod to have a better attack speed, plus add some magazine mods for utility...