Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #60 Overview

AM-Bunny

Waitttt if they were to release Wukong after Atlas wouldn't that break the MFMF flow?

Maybe, maybe not. The 30 day exclusivity limit isn't a guarantee so they might hold off until another feminine Frame comes out. Otherwise I could see putting out two FemFrames afterwards before going back to a normal flow.

So it is two different frames?

Did you not read OP? They made it pretty clear it was different frames.

Thanks, Bunny for making the summary. A question that I have though (and this is to anyone) - Is the Corpus going to basically be the faction of Nullifiers? Since they are going to have helmets that nullify powers of certain categories (and I'm assuming the nullifier with his bubble isn't going anywhere), will there be some other way of taking them down in crowds, rather than going helmet popping for each and every single unit? Also, will we have an indicator of what "category" our Warframe powers will be? I want to know this so I don't have to keep a spreadsheet with me when doing a Corpus mission.

Thanks, Bunny for making the summary. A question that I have though (and this is to anyone) - Is the Corpus going to basically be the faction of Nullifiers? Since they are going to have helmets that nullify powers of certain categories (and I'm assuming the nullifier with his bubble isn't going anywhere), will there be some other way of taking them down in crowds, rather than going helmet popping for each and every single unit? Also, will we have an indicator of what "category" our Warframe powers will be? I want to know this so I don't have to keep a spreadsheet with me when doing a Corpus mission.

Yes, it's going to be displayed what category our powers are... Somewhere. Probably won't take long to memorize. I agree though, they seem a little redundant with Nullifiers. I was really hoping they'd bring a fresh batch of new powers. Perhaps one could hope they'll replace Nullifiers?

Yes, it's going to be displayed what category our powers are... Somewhere. Probably won't take long to memorize. I agree though, they seem a little redundant with Nullifiers. I was really hoping they'd bring a fresh batch of new powers. Perhaps one could hope they'll replace Nullifiers?

Would be nice if they did have something new to throw at us. Really don't want to fight a faction of one trick ponies. Grineer on the other hand are fun. Their Drahks sniff me out when I'm going stealth. They told me to get Clem, and I did. The Ballistas and Scorpions keep me on my toes. Even the Drahk masters troll me every once in a while when I'm busy with another unit. But to fight a faction where they are dedicated to nullifying your powers in a game that actively encourages you to use your powers just seems... boring to me.

Would be nice if they did have something new to throw at us. Really don't want to fight a faction of one trick ponies. Grineer on the other hand are fun. Their Drahks sniff me out when I'm going stealth. They told me to get Clem, and I did. The Ballistas and Scorpions keep me on my toes. Even the Drahk masters troll me every once in a while when I'm busy with another unit. But to fight a faction where they are dedicated to nullifying your powers in a game that actively encourages you to use your powers just seems... boring to me.

Yah, to me Nullifiers still represent a sort of knee jerk reaction to the whole Cerberus farming technique. They're pretty sloppy designs.

These new Modular Corpus are much more interesting - they aren't quite as all encompassing as Nullifiers since they affect only certain powers, and they have an easy - but skill based - method of disarming their powers. 

I say, keep Corrupted Nullifiers, but do away with the regular ones and replace them with Modular enemies. Hopefully they've got more up their sleeves though.

Thank you bunny once again for a lovely summarize. It seems that DE is on the right path now, however there are some things:

Valkyr skins head size looks a little out of place

The fact that the new 4 skins will be timelimited, effectively punishing people for having a real life and not sitting glued to their computer 24/7 ( inbefore the "herp deprp its just a cosmetic lololol" arguments)

Otherwise it seems good, it feels nice they are going to change pacemaker (wich i as a public player are eternally gratefull for) and toggle-able hysteria.

I hope we also get the moneky king frame here, it would be really awesome.

The fact that the new 4 skins will be timelimited, effectively punishing people for having a real life and not sitting glued to their computer 24/7 ( inbefore the "herp deprp its just a cosmetic lololol" arguments)

I don't really think this falls under the 'I have a life' defense - they're up for at least an entire week, and it takes around 15 seconds to log in and buy them. Even people with busy schedules should be able to manage that much... it's more new players or people taking an extended break from Warframe that are punished.

That being said, I do agree with you, there's no reason for them to be time limited. Although, to quote someone from earlier in the thread:

That Valk skin looks meh i rly hoped she would look more like a warrior type that suit looks like mag+nyx dunno if that is 400plat holly shhiat dunno about that i rly wanted that skin and now i'm just disappointed.

And to be honest i already see people loving/hyping so my hopes are low well and it's time limit. so i guess i buy it.

I suppose this is just the purpose behind making it time limited.

Wow, couldn't be further from the truth. She's Sheldon's favourite frame, and definitely in the top 3 most loved frames by the community. Mostly in terms of design and concept though - she falls off a bit on team dynamics so you don't see her a lot in end-game.

I understand you probably weren't around when she was released so you never saw how much effort went into making her viable - she didn't always have the armour value she has now! Combined with the colossal amount of work the animation put into her new Hysteria stance - I can't even fathom how you could reach such a conclusion.

Valkyr's my favorite end game frame+^_^+ Not only does her warcry buff team mates (especially useful for infested/melee enemies), her Hysteria in end game goes from being kill everything with claws to "I'm an ambulance!". More times then i care to count, I've seen full built Excals with life strike on exalted get instantly dropped by a few mere lvl 80 toxic ancients. Nothin says teamwork like sacrificing DPS to make sure your glass-cannon team mates stay alive and killing.

I personally am excited for Primed Reach, but i will miss those hi crits and huge dmg my Scindo gave me while in hysteria.

Also, you didn't mention if DE is going to take away her invincibility or not...

Not only do they state that it won't be exactly thirty days, I'm fairly sure they mean thirty days from the release of Warframe China, which, if I'm correct, still has a week or two before release. We won't be seeing Umbra Excalibur or Wukong for a long while yet. Sight tight, Tenno ^.^

I hope I'll get at least a legendary core for my maxed prime point blank...  It's nothing more than a Serration for shotties.

About the syndicate procs, is there really a need for key complexity ? Why not simply tied the AoE to the use of the weapon ? It's the player's problem if he want to stealth with 3 overcharged syndicate weapons. Because that's greedy milk abuse for a stealth run.

Now you're just being extremely pessimistic and negative for ..no reasons? I don't understand why you're bashing your ..favourite frame? She's getting a buff, a skin, a statue, what else you want?

I'm extremely happy , valkyr needed this buff, sure I'll have to change my build and (hopefully not) swap some polarities, but hey as i said in another thead, she'll finally be viable in endgame, and not only for her tankiness or scindo prime.

I have played this game 1 and half year. I have seen enough S#&$ to know that anything what looks good and would be good, will get destroyed thanks to DE and players. Yes i am glad she getting rework, but that happiness will fade away because it is pretty much granted that rework will get destroyed shortly after. Yes she needed this buff and yes i do want this buff, will she be able to keep it? magic 8-ball says F*** no.