Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Power Disrupting Enemies And Nullifiers

PapaFragolino

they should make it so nullies with lanka have laser dots on you if they are getting ready to rekt you. if you dont dodge in time they can kill you or dish out really high damage. that way if you die its all on you since theres a warning before hand.

Just make nullifier more op.

No need for a new unit that does the same thing

thing is, the new units do the same thing but better. the whole problem with nullifiers is that they are hardly balanced and favor certain weapon classes regardless of effort put into them. the more recent enemy units that use null mechanics do not create such silly restraints which makes them a superior strain, if anything nullifiers should be removed and the newer units left to be tinkered with. No reason to waste time fixing a broken thing when you have an alternate working version already available. 

I cant believe players are still crying about nullifiers. Meanwhile i brutalize them with Banshee and Furax and bullet jump before the mob has a chance to retaliate. Come on Tenno, live a little, quit relying on bullets and powerspam for everything.

But, but everything must die by either pressing mouse button or 4.......

In my opinion this new type of enemy should just repleace Nullies, they sound more fair and less game-breaking.

I do like more player choice when dealing with enemy types and less hard counters. More rewarding player skill! (You have to shoot the flying hover-skater's helm off to stop the power disruption). This feels like an overall good move.

Nullies are easy to take down infact funny just bullet jump on the bubble all the enemies inside and Mr. Nully himself will be knocked down just enter and kill nully and bullet jump into the sunset.

Actually the nully bubble is counted as nully himself so any status that can effect an object that is knockdown will directly affect him and everything in it.

But, but everything must die by either pressing mouse button or 4.......

yes, because wanting something other than rapid fire weapons to beat an enemy is such a ridiculous desire. how lazy can you be that you want to have options as to handle an enemy when you can just stick to one or two metas and be done with that. 

use ikou or any throw secondary weapon with correct mod, and nullifier bubble is one shuriken including death of nullifier. They are even too easy to shoot now.

yeah, i don't like to get forced to use specific loadouts to counter one enemy. i think i'm ont alone who use a hard hitting gun against heavy units, and a fast fire rate gun to clear mobs. If the fast fire rate happens to be crit based (soma most notably) then you'll have a very hard time against these f***ers

I cant believe players are still crying about nullifiers. Meanwhile i brutalize them with Banshee and Furax and bullet jump before the mob has a chance to retaliate. Come on Tenno, live a little, quit relying on bullets and powerspam for everything.

yeah, because it doesn't affect your preferred loadout, everyone SHOULD be OK with it, right?

what if i play with a squishy frame or don't have space for redirection/etc so getting that close to enemies is a suicide? getting in the bubble also removes all of your buffs (kinda OK with invis and hysteria, but there are other frames that just can't afford that)

"bullet jump before the mob has a chance to retaliate" - ancients grab you, and heavy units knock you down even if you bullet jump away if you were in range when they started the knockdown animation.

if you don't play void, this is true, the moa knockdowns are slow enough to allow you to get out

all in all, it is a badly designed enemy, and it would be good for the game if they got replaced with better units

Those of you complaining about crit weapons versus these shields do realize they're based on number of hits, not actual life amount, yes?  If they were based on actual life amount, a Marelok could one shot their shields where a Braton would take forever, but they don't.  Both take six shots.

And be warned, Tenno: until they can effectively hurt power spam, DE's going to keep pumping out units that do just that.  I recall them saying some few devstreams ago that weapon play was their intended primary means to dispatch enemies, and powers were the situationally tactical back up.  Spamming a button and getting results (brain shut off usage) was never their intent.  I guarantee you a fair number of players will call out the new Corpus as "cheap" for their power nullification as well, especially now that they can attach RNG to the unit.  Also, why go for the head when like everything else we can probably kill it in 1-2 body shots?

What I'm asking is to replace the old nullifiers with the new nullifiers, how am I "relying on powerspam" or "crying about nullifiers"?

Also, in Defense missions once reached a certain level you can't just bullet jump here and there without getting killed and getting the pod destroyed.

Nullifiers do WAY too much for ONE UNIT in-game, it's not even balanced. That bubble forces you to use high fire rate weapons, they have a lanka that one to two hits anything honestly, nullifies the frame powers (well duh).

People say nulli are easy to kill by just running in the bubble, sure you can do that, but you people surely know that the other enemies in the bubble are the ones really messing you up, since you can't even dispatch them because the bubble protects them, and you can't get in there 'cause they'll most likely kill you.

I think the Nullifier as is could be reclassed as a more elite version of these new specialized ones, since he has the tech that stops all powers while the rest of them only have the ability to stop powers of X type, based on which straw they drew at Helmet Assignment.

I kinda hope this new policy on power type assignment and specific nullification means that they're going to take a look at the Stalker's Dispel mechanic as well as other similar blanket power nullification issues. Would be nice.

yes, because wanting something other than rapid fire weapons to beat an enemy is such a ridiculous desire. how lazy can you be that you want to have options as to handle an enemy when you can just stick to one or two metas and be done with that.

Honestly, thier not THAT hard to pop witha bow or slower RoF weapon. Most of you are exaggerating and most of you are arguing for the rare hypothetical situation where you have ALL slow RoF weapons.

There are far more complaints about using low RoF weapons against nullifiers than there are players that actually use low RoF weapons.

Those of you complaining about crit weapons versus these shields do realize they're based on number of hits, not actual life amount, yes?  If they were based on actual life amount, a Marelok could one shot their shields where a Braton would take forever, but they don't.  Both take six shots.

Nullifier bubbles is health-based, it's just damage capped. And the damage cap is really low, low enough that an MK-1 Braton can pop it faster than a Marelok.

Nullifier bubbles is health-based, it's just damage capped. And the damage cap is really low, low enough that an MK-1 Braton can pop it faster than a Marelok.

That health must start at 6 and scale up to 100 by level 40 then, because it's still ~6 shots to bring down.

Or in other words - what you said is largely irrelevant.

Also, again, the game isn't balanced around really high level enemies found solely late into an endless mode, and it never will be.  So even when it does become a problem for the Soma Prime to break that shield, one word:  Tough.

Edited by Littleman88

yeah, because it doesn't affect your preferred loadout, everyone SHOULD be OK with it, right?

what if i play with a squishy frame or don't have space for redirection/etc so getting that close to enemies is a suicide? getting in the bubble also removes all of your buffs (kinda OK with invis and hysteria, but there are other frames that just can't afford that)

"bullet jump before the mob has a chance to retaliate" - ancients grab you, and heavy units knock you down even if you bullet jump away if you were in range when they started the knockdown animation.

if you don't play void, this is true, the moa knockdowns are slow enough to allow you to get out

all in all, it is a badly designed enemy, and it would be good for the game if they got replaced with better units

•The only loadout requirement is that you have melee weapon that isn't total garbage, i.e. not a Lv.2  Skana. Anyone can bullet jump, it's basic mobility.

•Squishy frame? Do you even know what a Banshee is? She has tissue paper for armor. I handily wipe out nullifiers with the squishiest frame using weapons with the least range with no power help at all. If you guys can't do it your godframes then there's something wrong with you guys, not nullifiers.

Maybe Loki is squishier, but F*** Loki lol

•Nullifiers are great, the problem is we have badly designed players that need to be replaced with more creative ones lol

What I'm asking is to replace the old nullifiers with the new nullifiers, how am I "relying on powerspam" or "crying about nullifiers"?

Also, in Defense missions once reached a certain level you can't just bullet jump here and there without getting killed and getting the pod destroyed.

I don't know what you're asking, I haven't read any of your posts.

With your idea, the only thing that's going to happen is players will just spam more bullets in the general direction of those helmeted guys and wipe them out like any other unit.

I'm hopeful that they'll be designed in a way that will prevent that though, in which case I think you have a good idea.

It's definitely a pain when 5 Nullifiers spawn at once, and they keep spawning, especially when they all have Lankas. It's a spawn problem, not an enemy problem, there shouldnt be that many of that particular enemy type on the field at once.

The thing is....if these enemies present any kind of a challenge, you guys will complain about them too and call them cheap. You only think they're "better" because you think they will be easier.

That seems to be the case.

Edited by DarkTails

I don't know what you're asking, I haven't read any of your posts.

With your idea, the only thing that's going to happen is players will just spam more bullets in the general direction of those helmeted guys and wipe them out like any other unit.

I'm hopeful that they'll be designed in a way that will prevent that though, in which case I think you have a good idea.

It's definitely a pain when 5 Nullifiers spawn at once, and they keep spawning, especially when they all have Lankas. It's a spawn problem, not an enemy problem, there should be that many of that particular enemy type on the field at once.

That seems to be the case.

Well, I made this thread, the fact you didn't read any of my posts concerns me.

If a player wants to shoot instead of using melee he should be able to do so, without getting punished for it; Forcing players to play a certain playstyle and use specific weapons isn't the way to solve problems. The nullifiers we have right now are just the anti-game design, a rushed bandaid "solution" to powerspamming, I think this game and the players deserve more than this.

Well, I made this thread, the fact you didn't read any of my posts concerns me.

If a player wants to shoot instead of using melee he should be able to do so, without getting punished for it; Forcing players to play a certain playstyle and use specific weapons isn't the way to solve problems. The nullifiers we have right now are just the anti-game design, a rushed bandaid "solution" to powerspamming, I think this game and the players deserve more than this.

•Yep, it's a bad habit I should work on

•I break their bubbles with sluggish shotguns and don't have any game-breaking problems, so I don't know what to tell you.

We definitely need more powerspam deterrents though, and I'd be totally fine with an alternate solution to Nullifiers.

Chiming in to say I support their replacing Nullifiers entirely (Or at least on Corpus missions). Nullies just aren't fun to play against. I rarely have issues with them nowadays since I started maining the Synoid Simulor, but that's only because explosives haven't been balanced against them. When I want to use my next favorite gun (P Grakata), I find myself burning almost an entire clip just to get through to them. It's stifling the majority of my gameplay choices before I even enter the mission, and that can't be good for game health no matter which way you twist it.