Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(De's Have Responded) They Have Fixed Prime Access!

Vanist

They used the simple Bait and Switch tactic on their loyal customers, big mistake. I hope I am wrong about their motivations to squeeze every last sheckel they can from us but maybe they are going the way of EA and Activision as others have said. I sincerely hope they stop such shady practices or i will boycott them as I would any company that uses such tactics.

For the record DE I greatly enjoy your games from Dark Sector, The Darkness 2 , Warframe please dont let short sighted Greed keep you from larger and more long term success and more fans.

well the only reply from DE on this topic we managed to get in design council is this one: http://i.imgur.com/OKspYkC.jpg

so dont think that anything gonna change, or future prime access deliveries will be the same as before.

Without the context of what was said to elicit that response, I won't let this be proof of the tone they plan to use to address our grievances.

another friendly reply for us: http://i.imgur.com/4JE6Cy8.jpg

Again, if whomever they were responding to was making a pest of themselves, I don't see this as offical response, especially since it hasn't actually adressed the issue, it's just replying to someone trying to force them to adress the issue.

as mentioned before, in design council chat are people like Rebecca and Megan. So you free to consider it more or less official.

That doesn't mean anything, they could be eating in a diner together, it doesn't make anything they say at the table an offical warframe announcement. This is why companies have offical announcements.

Please note, I'm not white knighting for them (is that the right term?). I'm absolutely livid over this PA and it's quality, but I'm also willing to extend to them the benefit of the doubt for the time being, the PA has only been out for 25 hours. I can give them a few days to figure out a solution, it's not like the PA will be vanishing in two weeks.

TL;DR It's a little early to be handing out the torches and pitchforks

If you think it's too much for you then don't buy it. You have that right, I never said you didn't. This is here for those that want to support DE and they get a little bonus for doing so. I understand your guys frustration but this is a little crazy even for me.

Litle support? 100 to get the whole armour (33 / month) is not little support.

Not to speak of splitting up an item (collar and armour) into two pieces and putting it into two different packages. Than there is the "prime" gene kit...

They messed up, period.

I don't know how you guys feel cheated considering you got exactly what you paid for. We are arguing about a cosmetic that does not effect the game in anyway. Does it make more sense to put the color with the armor? Yes, However DE probably wanted to give more incentive to buy the PA pack. And they are allowed to do that, and you are allowed to not buy it. To get this mad over colors just makes me sad to see.

Here is the deal, previous PAs always had the cosmetics into the prime access accessories package, this time one cosmetic is SEPERATE from it, destroying the supposedly intended trend of their packages. Forces you to buy the $140 pack when you only want to spend $50. $100 if you bought the prime accessories which is $50, only to learn you're being force to shell out an unintended $50 from your wallet and get the cheapest listed pack just for that cosmetic alone.

Edited by TrueBuddhaBruh

Here is the deal, previous PAs always had the cosmetics into the prime access accessories package, this time one cosmetic is SEPERATE from it, destroying the supposedly intended trend of their packages. Forces you to buy the $140 pack when you only want to spend $50

Not always - Ember Prime PA :P

well the only reply from DE on this topic we managed to get in design council is this one: http://i.imgur.com/OKspYkC.jpg

so dont think that anything gonna change, or future prime access deliveries will be the same as before.

Nice Answer DE... (?) Run "your business" but not my money, not this time until you fix this.

Edited by luis75dpi

Not always - Ember Prime PA :P

Ember's was the first PA, so of course that was a forgivable first time mistake. Feedback quickly made them create the accesories pack but this makes it seemed like they have regressed on their word.

I will do the smart thing and be patient for the official response before making any solid claims, despite the unsettling current circumstances.

Here are both DC chat pics together  (for people needing context for the second pic)

http://i.imgur.com/OKspYkC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4JE6Cy8.jpg

I still don't see much context other than a DE employee responding to, what sounds like, a million and 5 messages. Again, i can't see whats been said in the whole chat so i can only assume hes calmly asking for us to wait for an official response in the forums instead of spamming the game chat.

So.

Was this PA poorly handled? Probably.

Since the collar is dramatically underwhelming (woot mild shield and health boost....) they probably added the gene masking kit to make it match the price.

The Prime accessories pack is actually the same as the past ones (most past ones). 2 accessory items and 2 90-day boosts.

So, since the gene masking kit is on the first trinity prime bundle, it's easy to assume that the kit should be acquirable in game. I originally assumed it would be added to your genetic foundry when you crafted the collar, but i have no basis for that and DE has stated otherwise.

The simple fix would be what i assumed.

Once you've crafted the prime collar, the gene masking kit (colors and fur pattern) are added toy our genetic foundry for you to use.

As for the people that already bought the first prime bundle and the accessory pack:

They could offer a refund.

They could give you $50 worth of plat for anyone that bought prime access up to a day after they make an official announcement.

They could upgrade everyone to the Blessing pack. Only applying to those that bought the prime accessories and at least the link bundle up to a day after they make an official announcement.

These are just my thoughts as i bought the blessing pack and do not regret it, but i do understand the backlash.

It's funny, really. I always considered Prime Access an overpriced piece of crap. Strange that only now are people being baffled. 

For less, I'd probably buy it, way less though.

Yes, what they pulled now is atrocious, but it's not like PA was cheap before.

140$ packages, right.

You know what I've got for less? 

A Witcher 3 Collector's Edition with a giant arse statue, and a magnesium alloy necklace among other things.

For a game 3 years in development, and not in the state Warframe currently is in.

Puts things in perspective.

Litle support? 100 to get the whole armour (33 / month) is not little support.

Not to speak of splitting up an item (collar and armour) into two pieces and putting it into two different packages. Than there is the "prime" gene kit...

They messed up, period.

I didn't say little support, I said you get a little something for supporting them. Also the collar is not just cosmetic, it buffs your dog so that's why it's in that package.

@TrueBuddahBruh, No one is forcing you to buy anything. Don't buy it if you don't want to.

No one is forcing you to buy anything. Don't buy it if you don't want to.

I feel like your argument is sort of like me saying to you, "What, you don't agree with us, that this is worth worrying about?  Then get out of this thread.  No one's making you post here, just separate yourself from it."  It doesn't seem to accomplish anything.

Edited by Technologist

Without the context of what was said to elicit that response, I won't let this be proof of the tone they plan to use to address our grievances.

Again, if whomever they were responding to was making a pest of themselves, I don't see this as offical response, especially since it hasn't actually adressed the issue, it's just replying to someone trying to force them to adress the issue.

That doesn't mean anything, they could be eating in a diner together, it doesn't make anything they say at the table an offical warframe announcement. This is why companies have offical announcements.

Please note, I'm not white knighting for them (is that the right term?). I'm absolutely livid over this PA and it's quality, but I'm also willing to extend to them the benefit of the doubt for the time being, the PA has only been out for 25 hours. I can give them a few days to figure out a solution, it's not like the PA will be vanishing in two weeks.

TL;DR It's a little early to be handing out the torches and pitchforks

It doesn't matter if it's an "official" response or not. That person represents the company. Even if it's not an official response, it's still a big problem for that staff member to respond the way he/she did. And this isn't the first time a DE staff member has made an unprofessional response in the in-game chat. They can be given the benefit of the doubt for not having a solution, but they can not be given the benefit of the doubt for behaving in an unprofessional manner.

inb4 a mod closes this thread for dev bashing.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

I feel like your argument is sort of like me saying to you, "What, you don't agree with us, that this is worth worrying about?  Then get out of this thread.  No one's making you post here, just separate yourself from it."  It doesn't seem to accomplish anything.

I honestly don't see what is worth worrying about. You guys are complaining about a fur color and pattern for your dog. I understand your guy's point too. I wouldn't want to pay $80 just for the fur pattern either. But let's not call each other names. Voice your concern but also be respectful of DE's decision as well. This is their game after all and their decision is final.

Honestly they have probably been told not to touch it. Kinda funny how we don't even have a mod chiming in to correct or edit something.

Yeah this thread would have been locked 300 posts ago for having non-constructive criticism or dev bashing, especially after several attempts for derailment. 

Voice your concern but also be respectful of DE's decision as well. This is their game after all and their decision is final.

Well, sure.  Nobody should be getting heated here, but it's not like the forums have a filter so only calm people can post, unfortunately.  And I do desperately hope that this thread isn't locked for the things that (I'm fairly certain) only a minority is doing.

I think it's more like...a free market sort of thing?  Like, "DE, we would buy this, but not this."  We're basically saying, "If you change this, we will give you money."  And they are absolutely free to package Prime Access however they please, and we are absolutely free not to buy it.  But we like the game and we like DE and we want to support them, but as it is, many of us don't seem to believe that these packages are worth buying in their current state.  I would immediately slap down $50 for the entire prime kubrow, minus the collar since it can be crafted.

It's worth considering, I think any business would rather hear "I won't buy this, but change it this way and I will" than just silence and no purchases.