Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Questions, Answers, & Bug Reports

[DE]Rebecca

I am currently working on a syandana, but I have no idea how to rig it as an .obj, I also don't know how to texture it. Am I supposed to make a completely new texture (like a wood texture that I would paint onto the model) or is there a source where I can get sample textures (again, like a small square cutout of wood, metal or concrete). 

Also, is photoshop the only tool you can use for texturing, or is there any free software?

Lastly, just in case this helps you with my problems, I am using Blender and already finished my model, I only need to rig and texture it.

On 15.02.2016 at 7:34 AM, Armoraxis said:

I am currently working on a syandana, but I have no idea how to rig it as an .obj, I also don't know how to texture it. Am I supposed to make a completely new texture (like a wood texture that I would paint onto the model) or is there a source where I can get sample textures (again, like a small square cutout of wood, metal or concrete). 

Also, is photoshop the only tool you can use for texturing, or is there any free software?

Lastly, just in case this helps you with my problems, I am using Blender and already finished my model, I only need to rig and texture it.

Animation is actually DE's job *paste smiling kitten here*

As for textures, I believe that you can use anything that doesn't go against the terms of use. So if you get a texture from a free source (there is plenty of sites, just google them) I think it's absolutely ok.

As for painting job. Welp...you can actually draw your texture right in blender right on the model. There are awesome tools like Quixel suite and Substance painter out there for a reasonable price (no ad here, no ad!). Aside from PS there are free apps like GIMP and Krita.

Check out DE's tennogen manual, practically all your questions are covered there.

Good luck :) 

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, lightningstorm112 said:

I love the idea of the tennogen, but the fact that something as small as a helmet is $6 is crazy and completely prevents me from buying anything from that. Why is the price so high?

that is the 1:1 plat to USD conversion for in-game helmets, with no discounts applied. Quote from the recent AMA:

Kary points at Rebecca, Rebecca points at Kary, and both agree that because we based the pricing off of a close-to-parity Platinum value it has skewed pricing. We do not have intentions to have content creators to decide pricing. We will keep on as we have been. Pointing subsides. 

this does not mean they won't change the prices in the future, only that the prices are currently determined by their respective plat values and are not determined by their creators.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently i just realize that FBX and obj scaling are different. In Blender, fbx is only 1/100 of the obj, and in current Vauban files there are no obj files. So if i rescale the model from fbx to obj's scale and then export it to tennogen at that size, will there be any issue?

Much of the documentation here originates to the original release now several months ago. Or the last round of voting that ended in April. In any event, while the bits on the mechanics such as texture sizes, etc., would seem to still apply, much of the information seems a bit out of date.

Is there a currently up-to-date thread with a list of which items are currently open for texturing, as it was during initial release? Or is there no longer a limitation on which 'frames, weapons and helmets are open to re-design?

I saw a posting early in this thread indicating that - at that time, in Octobor - re-sculpts were not available for 'frames - is this still true? What about helmets, which I see at least one person actively working on what seems to be a full re-model for? Are we still limited to doing this with just helmets, or can we sculpt for 'frames? If yes to the latter, are we limited to only sculpts that blend with the low-poly mesh (i.e., only what will fit/work within the UV layer), I assume? Is there still an intention to possibly allow for more radical re-models in the future?

I also read something about body armor and auxiliary pieces early in this thread - any progress on implementing that, or is it still just under consideration?

On 1/31/2016 at 2:26 PM, Artarrwen said:

Are moving parts on helmets off-limits?

Exploring some options for helmets, would be good to know if it's possible to have moving parts or dangly/wiggly bits (cloth, tails, braids, etc.). I heard someone mention that it's not allowed ATM but I haven't found any confirmation.

Well, it's 3 months later, and I assume you've figured it out, but since it seems no one ever bothered to reply...

I'd say yes, it's definitely possible, given that the alternative helmet I have for my Excalibur has moving/dangly bit on the back of it...

However they're disappointingly poorly done, because the collision mesh doesn't match up with the mesh for the helmet, and the dangly bits spend most of their time hiding in behind the head's geometry. I'm honestly not sure why it was even put in the game this way - personally, as an admittedly minimally skilled modeler but very experienced texture artist, I'd have removed them entirely, or corrected the mesh and location/placement of the dangles, either decreasing the size of the rear of the helmet/skull to better conform with the collision mesh, or relocating them. I'm actually not even sure what they're there for, tbh honest, except for it having been an exercise in "because I/we can" on the part of the modeler. What is most disappointing is that this wasn't even a player- / community-made item, this came from DE themselves, who should have known better and adjusted the collision mesh at the least.

So, if you're going to put some moving parts in, depending on where and how, you're going to want to check the dimensions of the model you're working with, the rigging/animation of yon dangly-bits, and realize that the collision mesh may not be where you expect, and that your moving parts might very well wind up spending most of their time inside the model.

On 4/26/2016 at 5:37 PM, Thomasa528 said:

For some reason when i download the files and examples for the rhino it has all the files in the .zip except for the .obj file.
I have no idea if its on my end or of the file is indeed missing on the download.
Thanks ~Thomasa528

I'm getting this problem as well, but it's mostly with the newest models added to Tennogen (Mirage, Valkyr, etc). I've downloaded them a couple times now, with the same results: All the .png and .fbx files are in there, but there still isn't an .obj file. I tried downloading Frost and Nova and both have their respective .obj files. Wonder if this was an oversight on DE's part?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello DE 

I write this ticket because I need your help. Since the lastest update I can't see any items from steam's workshop when Im in game. I want to buy some but it didn't show up. My steam account is no longer limited and I added fund many time before. Can supporters guide me how to buy item from steam workshop. 
Have a good day, DE !HBZpdTCL6idxnMRJSngGlUAOp?token=eyJhbGci

1 hour ago, -ZET-ImranZakhaiev said:

Hello DE 

I write this ticket because I need your help. Since the lastest update I can't see any items from steam's workshop when Im in game. I want to buy some but it didn't show up. My steam account is no longer limited and I added fund many time before. Can supporters guide me how to buy item from steam workshop. 
Have a good day, DE !

Did you logged in using the standalone or the Steam version of the game?

I'm reporting what I believe to be an issue on steams end, not sure if anyone else is dealing with it, but when i view the workshop page, I see the accepted stuff that is shown, but if I try to look  at anything other that those accepted things the workshop suddenly can't find any items, even though on the sidebar it shows how many things have been done for each frame. Even if I go to one of the items I can see if I try to view next in ques nothing shows up and i've been messing around with this for about 30 minutes very confused by this, would love to see if anything new has been added that I'd like to support for the next round of tennogen.

Edit: Seems to be semi working, if I click on the amprex I can get into that and then somewhat view things, but it seems to still break if I go to look at certain warframes, or try to back up to get back to the earlier working page.

• 2 weeks later...

Will these tennogen cosmetic skins on steam workshop ever receive steam side sale discounts?? I tried to find an email or place at steam to email about this but there doesn't exist such a channel. Anyone have an idea? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived