Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Questions, Answers, & Bug Reports

[DE]Rebecca

Hey, are the steam version and non steam version linked? Can I download the steam version and still use my current account and if so if I'm on steam can I play with my friends that use the non steam pc version. Also will they see skins that I download or only if they have steam, thanks.

Can we make transparent texture ?

I started to modelise my Syandana and I want to make hologram like energy.

Transparency in the alpha of the diffuse.

Doing a hologram thing would probably require using emissives -- possibly several of them. 

Is it possible for two people (or possibly more) to work on a single submission? Like one person does modeling of a alternate helmet and the other does texturing?

As per @lukinu_u you can have multiple people.  Note we don't have any control over how that is setup in Steam, so make sure you're very comfortable / confident in who you're working with.

Transparency in the alpha of the diffuse.

Doing a hologram thing would probably require using emissives -- possibly several of them.

Tanks you for help. This is what I though but I can not. It is visible on Tennogen ?

I'm think I'm just so bad. I'm using gimp if you can help me.

For my hologram, I will use a bit diffuse and more emissive but the biggest issue is the diffuse's transparency.

I probably missed it, but what are the policy for web based renderer like skecthfab or artstation's marmoset? They are much better for beauty shot because you can have different HDR, but using them means you have to submit the models and textures files to 4th party (valve is already the 3rd). Which i expect there will be a rule for it.

I guess I can post it here. The problem:

bandicam%202016-01-16%2019-10-50-359_zps

I've tried so many methods - looking throught mesh in search for normals flips, reunwrapping UV, rebaking normal map at various settings, reconstructing polygins in the black areas - nothing of much help. After a research I found out a possible answer on some quirxel thread (3do happens to give you the same issue sometimes) - export as triangles. I did it and only half of the mesh was cleaned, the blackness is still there.

Also, in other software like marmoset (tried all the options, even UE and Unity), max, blender, SP and Mudbox nothing like this blackness happens. Everything is fine and sweet. Tennogen however...

Please one of DE 3d gods, have mercy and show me the way out of my situation T.T

Perhaps it would be helpful if you provided a screenshot of your normal map, so people can see why the darks are showing up.  Maybe even providing a screen with your uvs overlaid on the map.  Are the uvs mirrored and if so did you bake the normal as such?

Perhaps it would be helpful if you provided a screenshot of your normal map, so people can see why the darks are showing up.  Maybe even providing a screen with your uvs overlaid on the map.  Are the uvs mirrored and if so did you bake the normal as such?

Well, I made a seam for UV right in the center, yes. That was to save space and get two pieces of UV. However I avoided overlapping by transferring one piece to the next UV field, so when I applied texture they coincided (old tricky trick). Here are my "efforts":

bandicam%202016-01-19%2018-26-15-763_zps

bandicam%202016-01-19%2018-26-29-219_zps

000_normals%20forums_zpsi5bzs4wd.png

P.S. Yeah, I'm a UV-unwrapping-goddess (it was a joke).

P.P.S. I've just tried another 2 solutions from another forum, yet no luck :c

Yeah, there's nothing in your map that would indicate the blackspots. Do you notice if the normal are flipped?  If they are try inverting the green channel and see if it does anything.  I'm not too familiar with blender but I know there are some differences with some 3d packages.  Still those dark spots are a bit extreme.

Yeah, there's nothing in your map that would indicate the blackspots. Do you notice if the normal are flipped?  If they are try inverting the green channel and see if it does anything.  I'm not too familiar with blender but I know there are some differences with some 3d packages.  Still those dark spots are a bit extreme.

Did it already (see the previous post). Inverted green channel - blackness never vanished :c

Normal directions check #7

bandicam%202016-01-19%2019-28-08-668_zps

bandicam%202016-01-19%2019-28-39-184_zps

Now that we're on the topic of hologram syndanas I'd really like to see one where it has two 'energy colors' obviously not energy colors but a syndana that has two seperate hologram parts that can be colored individually.

We don't really have any way for the player to determine 2 different energy colours, which is a pretty big UI hit / complexity increase that I don't think we intend to take on for the moment.  I certainly understand the desire to do that though.

Tanks you for help. This is what I though but I can not. It is visible on Tennogen ?

For my hologram, I will use a bit diffuse and more emissive but the biggest issue is the diffuse's transparency.

Alpha in the diffuse should work in Tennogen yep.  Diffuse and emis together should be fine also, bit of mental juggling to do, but should be okay.

I have noticed that importing the nekros fbx into mudbox results in a message saying the uv is incomplete, did i forget something or is this a mudbox specific issue?

Haven't used Mudbox for a very long time... possibly some UVs are shifted outside of 0 to 1 space for baking and that might give that kind of error?

Did it already (see the previous post). Inverted green channel - blackness never vanished :c

Very odd... the OBJ file format does have it's issues so I'm hoping that the black faces are just due to that, but I can't say for certain.  I konw that two of the helmets that we put in were authored in Blender, but I don't have enough experience with Blender myself to say.  If you can get a FBX looking correct in Marmoset it will more than likely look correct in game.

Hope to spend a bit of time with Blender this year myself, but I'm a complete neophyte at the moment.

Now that we're on the topic of hologram syndanas I'd really like to see one where it has two 'energy colors' obviously not energy colors but a syndana that has two seperate hologram parts that can be colored individually.

We don't really have any way for the player to determine 2 different energy colours, which is a pretty big UI hit / complexity increase that I don't think we intend to take on for the moment.  I certainly understand the desire to do that though.

Alpha in the diffuse should work in Tennogen yep.  Diffuse and emis together should be fine also, bit of mental juggling to do, but should be okay.

I have noticed that importing the nekros fbx into mudbox results in a message saying the uv is incomplete, did i forget something or is this a mudbox specific issue?

Haven't used Mudbox for a very long time... possibly some UVs are shifted outside of 0 to 1 space for baking and that might give that kind of error?

Maybe you should check if there are some duplicate faces? Can't think anything other than that.

https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=content-files-and-examples

"Polycount Contest" has the files for scale references.

Though it doesn't seem like weapon model swaps are allowed just yet.

Tanks you, I didn't saw "Polycount"

First, I thought we will not able to make model swap after polycount concept but ORthos and Kronen hasn't got any skin and now, we are able to make Helmet for all frame.

So I Uploaded my Nekros skin, it wont let me tag it in Tennogen for the workshop and it doesn't appear. I have re-installed Tennogen, i have deleted the original submission and re-uploaded and i have rebooted my PC as well .. it still wont accept my tags.

Is there a limit to how many, if any, parts an Obj Can contain?

Nekros have got 10 parts I think, hood, mask and 8 rectangles.on top. They are merged into one and can be individually separates.

Can I do the same and then combine them, or should I make a new mesh including all parts into one new mesh?

The latter take time of course, the former is great as long as the parts can stay at the same texture space.

Archived