Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Person Warframe?

DualityDalton

IDK as 1st person would even work with the parkour system...you go to do a sliding, tumble across a vast crevasse and suddenly your camera is tumbling with you and you land off the map cuz you couldnt see S#&$.

I am not a fan of 3pv either, but idk, it works for this game. 

Here we go again...

DE explicitly said it's not gunna happen.

They made the game around being in 3rd person, and it's going to stay that way.

Like PvP right? RIGHT? oh wait....

@OP 

Yeah it would be cool, the camera sometimes bugged for me making it basically first person warframe and it totally worked out.

Once again im stunned at people on this forum talking negatively about something that would only be an OPTION and thus not mandatory and would not impact them in any way shape of form.

Its like wanting to stop homosexuals from getting married honestly.

• 2 weeks later...

Warframe needs Optional First Person.  The excuses provided by DE which illuminotyi references are vague and inaccurate at best.  This was debunked and covered at great length in a post I made about this topic previously and was left with a glaring sense of avoidance from any official DE responses for that reason.

I've had my fair share of game and asset development and understand what is required... and it is quite clear that it is far less complicated than the anti-FPS fundamentalists would have you believe as was well covered in my topic.

Simply put.. it's an option that is well overdue and should be there for players to choose.  As for the rolling and motion problems, only certain animations would alter the FPS camera's Rotation on X,Y,Z axis  whilst others would not so as to provide more smooth transitions and gameplay.  This tweak would be very easy to implement by simply having the camera ignore inheriting XYZ axis rotations from the player model by default and then adding exceptions for animations where it would be suitable.

IllumiNotYi, on 12 Oct 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

Here we go again...

DE explicitly said it's not gunna happen.

They made the game around being in 3rd person, and it's going to stay that way.

They also said we'd never get ground-based companions. 3 devstreams later, Kubrows were announced

YasaiTsume, on 26 Oct 2015 - 12:26 AM, said:

Look at stances. Then look at somersaults. Ok then tell me how much yu vomit after performing one combo. Easy example will be Tempo Royale.

By that logic, the camera should move just as wildly in 3rd person. Hell, in Halo Reach, there's a dodge roll ability. Using it in first person dips your camera a bit, but looking at the animations reveals that you do a full rotation.

Look at stances. Then look at somersaults. Ok then tell me how much yu vomit after performing one combo. Easy example will be Tempo Royale.

Look at Dying Light, it does all those things fairly well.

I thought Steve said that he learnt to never say never on Warframe a few months back. It can happen but will it happen is a different story. It's probably gonna happen if DE feels like there's not much to rework on Warframe but there's still a lot to work on in WF.

Stealth

Loot

Grind

Warframe reworks

Weapon rebalancing.

A lot more but even those things could take 3-5 years.

Why does everyone assume "1st person" means "do Parkour by spinning the whole view in mid air". No one has EVER asked for that, all the requests were for basically a shift in camera position so it's sitting more towards the front and center, so you see the gun sticking forward and don't see the Frame.

The game would just do the same stuff the same way as not, just the camera position is different.

IDK as 1st person would even work with the parkour system...you go to do a sliding, tumble across a vast crevasse and suddenly your camera is tumbling with you and you land off the map cuz you couldnt see S#.

I am not a fan of 3pv either, but idk, it works for this game.

They could always roll back out to the 3PV for the times you are parkour'ing......but since I am prkour'ing a lot what we're talking about would be about 1/2 the time in 1st person LOL

I agree, 3PV works well in this game, especially if they want to keep selling appearance items like helmets, skins, and Syandanas. LOL

The only way they can do this is if they make it an option each player can select. Because if they force FPV to make those people happy, the 3PV will be upset.

I really don't understand why people feel a need for Warframe to have first person view. I really don't feel more immersed in the game. I've watched plenty of movies that have made me feel more immersed in it then a first person shooter and none of them are filmed in first person hehe. I want to see my Warframe in action;)

Like PvP right? RIGHT? oh wait....

@OP 

Yeah it would be cool, the camera sometimes bugged for me making it basically first person warframe and it totally worked out.

Once again im stunned at people on this forum talking negatively about something that would only be an OPTION and thus not mandatory and would not impact them in any way shape of form.

Its like wanting to stop homosexuals from getting married honestly.

The difference is effort vs reward. Adding first person mode is a lot harder than just positioning the camera inside the helmet. This is why the few games that have both are typically designed to be played in one or the other with the alternative option usually just being token.

• 1 month later...

Yes we need this, ignore the downers.  They don't want it, cool let them enjoy the nice view of their warframe blocking everything when they back up into a tight corner.  As for me, I love the ability to see the game from that perspective when appropriate.  If you seriously get nauseous from a first person camera how do you handle car drives or theme parks?  not well I'm guessing.  God have mercy on your soul, should you fall down stairs or try to do a cartwheel.

Anyhow back in reality where we know first person cameras don't give people nauseous experiences .. this would make a fine addition to the game even if it weren't ever added as an officially supported feature but as an optional.. switch to this view but be aware not all graphics will display 100% as intended and these are not bugs with warframe but with this experimental OPTIONAL first person view setting.