Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To The Devs: Vacuum Shouldnt Restrict Our Ability To Pick Other Companions

(PSN)OdinKuro

Vacuum is Carriers 'thing'

it is the reason he is build,

just like how ghost is the reason one would build Shade

if they make vacuum a thing for all sentinels, they might aswell just scrap Carrier out of the game

Edited by BaIthazar

Funny, I finished Carrier Prime a few weeks ago and I rarely use it over one of my kubrows. I'm not even sure I've fully leveled it yet.

That's how I feel about Tonkor and Soma Prime. MK1 Braton is just so much more satisfying and just as good if you build it right.

problem is, it would make Carrier/Carrier Prime obsolete. only way I see him being reworked is if it literally "carries" stuff. (keeps hold of ammo, energy and health drops until you actually need them, but you have to pick them up yourself first).

personally, I think one of the reasons people find Carrier Boring is because they use it too much. pro tip: DON'T bring carrier to planets where you already have a lot of the resource drops there, and only take the Carrier on Farming runs. take a Kubrow or other Sentinel for combat instead.

Personally, I think it would be great if frames were given a "passive" vacuum. Even if it were a utility mod.

Carrier could be reworked to actually be a... carrier... and periodically refill your ammo or health.

Archwing already has vacuum passively, though it doesn't work well if you move too fast.

I know itl prolly never happen but if you could have a sentinel and a kubrow at the same time it wouldnt be an issue, if you think of sentinels as utilities and kubrows (and the cats) as actual pets, itd be like not being allowed to have a doggy because you own a toaster.

Plus then you could have super friendship combo attacks for every pair of sentinel and kubrow =p

to give an example, carrier with a raska (the tanky, feary one right?) gives you their combo attack which fears a room of enemies into dropping all their loot.

(also dethcube + the most combat orientated kubrow = fusion technique into kubrow that shoots friggin lazors from its head).

Personally, I think it would be great if frames were given a "passive" vacuum. Even if it were a utility mod.

Carrier could be reworked to actually be a... carrier... and periodically refill your ammo or health.

Archwing already has vacuum passively, though it doesn't work well if you move too fast.

Nah, that would make Carrier useless unless he was constantly refilling your ammo at a rapid pace, and if he did that people would start complaining that the ammo regen should be a passive ability.

Archwing needs a massive and rapid working vacuum ability because of the very nature of the mode being fast paced and it giving a full 3d movement in open space.

Carrier is a pretty unique sentinel in that it is a 'quality of life' Sentinel above all else.

In all honesty the vacuum ability is a quality of life mod that should be basic for any player in any frame. There is no real gameplay in meticulously walking over dropped items and it doesn't suit the fast pace that belongs to Warframe. The Archwing missions further emphasize this, those missions actually desperately need a good vacuum for them to work like intended.

Where Carrier can shine when vacuum is basic? Let Carrier Vacuum further away and allow the Vacuumed items to pass through walls like they do now. This is a perk that suits Carrier and still makes it a stronger sentinel for just looting, similar to equipping a Master Thief mod to open more lockers. At the same time, all players can have a basic vacuum functionality that removes a lot of the hassle that comes with looting but the loot will get stuck behind walls.

Edited by V4YR4

In all honesty the vacuum ability is a quality of life mod that should be basic for any player in any frame. There is no real gameplay in meticulously walking over dropped items and it doesn't suit the fast pace that belongs to Warframe. The Archwing missions further emphasize this, those missions actually desperately need a good vacuum for them to work like intended.

^

Or they could make the other Sentienels precepts just as interesting and useful, so Carrier isn't just the king because of X.

Take Helios and detect vulnerability. I should be seeing everything in Scanner vision. Suddenly Spy missions become far more stealthier as I can see the movements of the enemy.

The Shade keeps you invisible when you're standing still...period. No longer just when a camera is around. Hey I can take a breather and let my shields recharge.

So on and so on. Take the reigns off the power of these guys and actually make them useful. Suddenly Carrier isn't the only "I want power" stuck on my favorite choice.

So make Vacuum a passive ability and give Carrier a new ability.

My suggestion is a ability for double resource pickups.

I think Shade's Ghost should become a passive ability, because I want to use it with my Carrier.

Yeah, all this, so I can suck up all pickups and get it doubled while I'm full in stealth. ^^

Am I greedy if I ask for a Forma shi**ing sentinel? ;-)