Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #61 Overview

AM-Bunny

Btw, the only game I can think of off the top of my head that poison was super useful was Pokemon XD

In my opinion, Saryn looks & feels like the Pokemon Nidoqueen, to the point where they both share a lot of things in common with each other. Just be glad there's no male Saryns :D

Edited by IronWolfKnight

Personally, I've always wanted Saryn to feel like a poison frame. 

She doesn't currently, she feels like a generic nuke frame. I'm always a sucker for poison archetypes in any game or system, and since I've played many, I can tell you that this is one thing that it always struggles with. It needs duration to be effective, but it's more convenient to kill enemies quickly. It's a tricky balance, but I'm happy that Saryn is finally starting to feel like her theme. If you want a bland nuker, there's plenty of other options.

Btw, the only game I can think of off the top of my head that poison was super useful was Pokemon XD

You make a huge mistake with such a 'no nuke just poison' thinking. Some poisons/acids are very deadly. So using such a theme(like some snake) allow very high damage potenzial. So low damage abilities are a flawed design to begin with in such a context. With a toggle it would enable the 'DoT' AND as long as you want(and can achieve) for high dpm, but just duration is a waste for such an ability. It removes the use on the fly and limit the damage. AND this additinal crap of 'you can buff it with xyz' is just an excuse. What if you don't do it? Will you have way lower damage as now? --> Totally useless Or way higher --> then it will only be a stronger bosskillermove as of now. Where is THERE the skill you demand? I don't see it.

Not a fan? 

I don't use Steam, so I won't be able to partake, but I've seen the community come up with some amazing things during the Tennogen competition.

(And you can't do any worst than the Immortal skins)

Yeah just not a fan of the whole cluster-f steam workshop is/becomes for games.

so the iron skin ability will hide that amazing rhino new skin? :(

I'm sure it will look like the new model, overlaid with a silver texture. But yes, of course it will cover the new skin. 

That's like asking if the new Loki skin will still turn invisible XD

Yeah just not a fan of the whole cluster-f steam workshop is/becomes for games.

Ah. Well I don't use Steam, so I can't say I'm familiar with any of it. I think it sounds like a great idea in theory.

Edited by AM-Bunny

Mios.... *drools*

I'm kind of mixed on it - I don't often draw my melee weapon, and without drawing it, it looks like it's just a short sword, nothing special. Only having access to the whip attacks while it's drawn is disappointing, imo.

EDIT: Although, seeing the animations, it definitely looks like the stance could be the basis for a Kusari-Gama weapon, which is very exciting. I've wanted to see that for a long time.

Edited by AM-Bunny

I'm kind of mixed on it - I don't often draw my melee weapon, and without drawing it, it looks like it's just a short sword, nothing special. Only having access to the whip attacks while it's drawn is disappointing, imo.

EDIT: Although, seeing the animations, it definitely looks like the stance could be the basis for a Kusari-Gama weapon, which is very exciting. I've wanted to see that for a long time.

Having practiced with a real kusari-gama, I also am VERY excited for this. Then it was made illegal before I could get one and I was sad.

We shall see if it lives up to the hype. The Ninkondi did -and does- live up to the hype in my opinion.

I use melee as much or more than I use firearms on most missions. Only on upper level Void missions will I switch to pure firearms/abilities when the melee damage falls off.

I just prefer impaling enemies/beating enemies/slicing them in half.

Edited by Kalenath

Stalker rework? Finally. Maybe they'll balance him properly this time...

.... heh, that was a good one... proper balance... I'm sure he'll be a 1-shot cheese-fest even after his rework, just shinier and with more bells and whistles.

It'd be nice if we could have some epic showdown with him, but instead the fight's always over in 0.5 seconds, one way or the other. Maybe they'll tone down his damage and make him a little more damage spongy.

It'd be nice if we could have some epic showdown with him, but instead the fight's always over in 0.5 seconds, one way or the other. Maybe they'll tone down his damage and make him a little more damage spongy.

My problem was that he can be invisible in his Absorb. Ouch.