The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny's Guardians Vs Warframe's Tenno

(XBOX)BURRITO DEVIL

Here is the thing i use to determine skill, Gameplay.

Guardians Movement: Sprint and double/triple jumping depending on class

Tenno Movement: Parkour, double jump, bullet jump, air glide, dodge roll, flipping, etc

Guardian Basic Arsenal: Primary, special, grenades, and Heavy weaoons

Tenno Basic Arsenal: Primary, secondary, gear(restores etc), and Melee

Guardian Support: Ghost

Tenno Support: Lotus and Sentinal/Kubrow

Guardian Combat: Highly trained gun combat

Tenno Combat: High Gun and Melee combat

Guardian Abilities: Hunter, Titan, and warlock classes with 3 differing types each l. 9 total.

Tenno Abilities: 30+ differing warframes

Guardian Upgrades: Armor and light system

Tenno Upgrades: Modding and Forma system

Guardian Extra: Fireteams of 3, High Vehicle combat, and ability to summon sparrow

Tenno Extra: Squads of 4, Archwings, and dropship support(Mantis and liset)

I am going to giving each winning side a +1 point and a small description why till a winner is decided

Movement-Tenno +1: This was the easiest category to choose a winner. Since tenno just have waaaaaay more mobility than a guadian. A tenno has the upper hand in movement.

Basic Arsenal-Guardians +1: This was the hardest one in deciding since they are really different loadouts. But the fact that gurdians keep 3 different guns on their person with an infinite supply of grenades yeah they get this one.

Support-Tenno +1: The fact that the lotus can do what ghosts can do but faster wins it for tenno and also ghosts dont fight, tenno got sentinals/Kubrow for aiding in combat

Combat- Tenno +1: this shows that a good arsenal doesnt make a compitent warrior. The fact that the best a gurdian can do in melee combat is swing a melee weapon from side to side or butting someone with there gun is outshined by the tennos melee prowess in technique and mobility.

Abilities-Tenno +1: the sheer diversity of all warframes hands it to the tenno in this one

Upgrades-Tie no points: each system has its ups has its owns but no clear better version can be determined.

Extra-Tenno +1: this was a close call cause the guardians vehicle combating ability was able to match archwing and the ability to summon a sparrow at all times is impressive but simple math is what decides it here. Fireteam 3 is less than a squad of 4. And 1 extra person on the battlefield can make a difference.

So th score is

Tenno-6,,,,Guardians-1

The sheer diversity a tenno brings to combat is what wins it for them. I do believe a guardian can indeed kill a tenno. But a single tenoo can kill 2 guadians.

TENNO WINS

Edited by (PS4)thegodofwar12345

Starcraft wins.

TO THE TOPIC AT HAND

All the Tenno need is Ash. Best solo frame, and one of the harder ones to kill properly when played right.

Spam 1 for days, watch as everyone dies horribly.

Oh no you didn't... A missile does not beat a nuke, no no no, that's now how it works.

And now with that bait out of the way it's time to sleep and ponder life's greatest question... Can the guardian With a light hammer do anything to a rhino with a fragor? Probably not.

Edited by maj.death

Starcraft wins.

Yeah, no. I don't even like 40k but even as a casual observer I can tell you that literally everything in that universe is designed to be ridiculous and over the top. Their infantry carries sub-machine guns chambered in calibers most universes reserve for vehicle mounted cannons.

And on topic, I think the Tenno have the edge overall. Tenno have greater movement abilities and melee weapon prowess as well as a more varied arsenal and support (Sentinels & Kubrows). The powers of Tenno also tend to be wider in scope and more varied than those of the Guardians. 

Tenno,

bigger army

more weapons

better RNG for better weapons

they don't take energy to use a stick. unless channeling.

expert hackers, don't need to depend on a ghost

more trustworthy leader. guardians serve a giant ball in the sky that doesn't even haft to make a sound for it to look suspicious.

more abilities. seriously, all it takes is a squad of rhino primes to take on the entire army.

Depends whether it's ingame power or lore power.

Lore power, guardians win, every time.

Lore Tenno involve Limbo walking from Earth to Europa.

Lore Tenno involve Mirage, the papier mache frame, tearing apart Sentients who crashed a warship on her, with only her bare hands.

No ammo, no energy, no shields and no melee weapon.

This is quite a step up from anything Guardians have done.

If they bring in colorful language like blah blah of a star, I can argue that they would have nuke the Cabal off Mars the moment a Warlock started that. But they did not.

So lol no.

Here is the thing i use to determine skill, Gameplay.

Guardians Movement: Sprint and double/triple jumping depending on class

Tenno Movement: Parkour, double jump, bullet jump, air glide, dodge roll, flipping, etc

Guardian Basic Arsenal: Primary, special, grenades, and Heavy weaoons

Tenno Basic Arsenal: Primary, secondary, gear(restores etc), and Melee

Guardian Support: Ghost

Tenno Support: Lotus and Sentinal/Kubrow

Guardian Combat: Highly trained gun combat

Tenno Combat: High Gun and Melee combat

Guardian Abilities: Hunter, Titan, and warlock classes with 3 differing types each l. 9 total.

Tenno Abilities: 30+ differing warframes

Guardian Upgrades: Armor and light system

Tenno Upgrades: Modding and Forma system

Guardian Extra: Fireteams of 3, High Vehicle combat, and ability to summon sparrow

Tenno Extra: Squads of 4, Archwings, and dropship support(Mantis and liset)

I am going to giving each winning side a +1 point and a small description why till a winner is decided

Movement-Tenno +1: This was the easiest category to choose a winner. Since tenno just have waaaaaay more mobility than a guadian. A tenno has the upper hand in movement.

Basic Arsenal-Guardians +1: This was the hardest one in deciding since they are really different loadouts. But the fact that gurdians keep 3 different guns on their person with an infinite supply of grenades yeah they get this one.

Support-Tenno +1: The fact that the lotus can do what ghosts can do but faster wins it for tenno and also ghosts dont fight, tenno got sentinals/Kubrow for aiding in combat

Combat- Tenno +1: this shows that a good arsenal doesnt make a compitent warrior. The fact that the best a gurdian can do in melee combat is swing a melee weapon from side to side or butting someone with there gun is outshined by the tennos melee prowess in technique and mobility.

Abilities-Tenno +1: the sheer diversity of all warframes hands it to the tenno in this one

Upgrades-Tie no points: each system has its ups has its owns but no clear better version can be determined.

Extra-Tenno +1: this was a close call cause the guardians vehicle combating ability was able to match archwing and the ability to summon a sparrow at all times is impressive but simple math is what decides it here. Fireteam 3 is less than a squad of 4. And 1 extra person on the battlefield can make a difference.

So th score is

Tenno-6,,,,Guardians-1

The sheer diversity a tenno brings to combat is what wins it for them. I do believe a guardian can indeed kill a tenno. But a single tenoo can kill 2 guadians.

TENNO WINS

Did you just finish taking a college course logic class? This, is probably some of the most sound logic I've ever heard before in my life, at least in the context of game vs. game debates.

Hmm, lets see... from what I've seen... we're training lore wise in Conclave to kill beings who cannot die by normal means, point to Tenno.

I think we got this, not even acknowledging some more insane abilities.  Ember causes everything around her to spontaneously combust and can make things burn even hotter, Atlas punches things with rocks at high speed and gives no fucks, Saryn turns people into soylent green, Excalibur summons a beam saber from his hand, and to top everything off.

We have Limbo. 

i would say guardain since they can simply just keep on coming back were as a tenno warframe can only revive them 4 times currently before needing to charge(personal reason behind 4 revives) also a guardains super charges over time while tenno need energy to use powers( for purpose of balance the tenno has no aura modifications) 

I know i might be bias but i am 100% sure the Tenno would win after playing both games the Tenno are just much stronger fighters over all.

If we do a simple enemy pass the Gins are just much stronger over all than the Fallen/Cabal and hard to say with the Hive and Vex but i am fairly sure if nothing more the Corpus would take the Vex. The Hive wizards would be the only real danger along with maybe the sheer number of fodder they can throw at you.

The Tenno are super humans? with super human speed super strong and loads of space magic along with shields.

The Guardians on the other hand apart form pulling countless grenades form there arse and been able to jump like the hulk have no real power apart form 1 super attack some thing i am sure the Tenno's speed would allow them to avoid.

Weapon wise i would say odds are there mostly the same power wise the all mightly Gally would most likely be just a faster Orgis since no charge time to fire but with not even half the ammo of the Orgis.

Definately tenno.

Reason?

Warframe actually lets you dodge bullets and stay alive.slippery little things these tenno are. (Skills)

Destiny just lets you move away slowly to the side as you slowly relish the feeling of every bullet enter you before you fall to the ground and need to be revived. Mmmhh, tell me guardian how you like them leads? (Target practice)

well lets just put 100 guardians and 4 Nova's in one room....what happens? 4x MP = Big boom = Tenno win. I havnt playd Destiny or even look'd at it once but its safe to say Tenno's are the most powerful things in the world (gaming world wise) at the moment.

The problem when doing a vs thread against tenno is that warframes AI is so brain dead it makes the Tenno seem stronger than they actually are.

For instance in a vs fight warframes skills would be pretty useless no soldier is going to run into their press 4 to win skill they would be shooting them from the distance. Especially a super soldier.

Their mobility again they are super soldiers better sight a tenno jumping around won't matter.

So it comes down to who has the better tech and Warframes tech is pretty unimpressive for the most part.

Every vs argument people say lol Tenno kill waves of enemies when the fact is we kill so much because the Ai has bricks for brains charges right at us or runs around in circles.

Edited by BoyTitan

Err the guardians are far from regular military tho. You don't even need to have the game to see this.

*Simaris-speak*

I am aware of their selfish achievements, scavenging ancient technology, that isn't even their own, in order to commit their survival as groups of species. They have battlefield experience but does not have the movement (Parkour 2.0) that is even considered to be true hunters. They can't even protect themselves from their own kind (such as having their own accounts deleted by other players, who happen to visit their homes).

Which is why they are not fit to serve my purpose in building Sanctuary. Fourth Wall wise.

They are pretty much like Borderlands Vault Hunters with super suits but without speed to dodge bullets, climb walls and scale large buildings and can enter Void (which is almost like a black hole) and lived to tell about it.

And don't get me started when the Tenno started using Archwings.

Who shoots first wins.

Han solo.

Also...  Non biased answer.  The Tenno have a huge advantage because their abililities aren't limited to once every 1-5 minutes.  That's just one massive advantage.  Another is that they are better at parkour, so... better mobility, the only few classes in destiny that 'might' be able to keep up have blink, and that's only two(3 if you count the stormcallers perk to be able to blink while using his super) sub classes out of 9 total and only 2 out of three main classes have access to that.

Okay, let's see here.

I'd gauge the Tenno as at least, top-ends of street tier-level characters.

The Tenno possess superhuman capabilities with enhanced strength, endurance and agility. They are augmented with the best tech the Orokin had, and dipped in Void sauce, in which in grants supernatural space-hax with varying prowess. 

Strength? There aren't any solid feats here except for uncertain gameplay-bound scenarios such as the strength needed to wield heavy weaponry such as the Galatine, Jat Kitty, etc. I'd conclude they're possibly around Raiden-level/616 Cap/Spooderman of strength, the more stronger of the Tenno such as Atlas could probably resist from being stomped via Hek's Terra Frame and such.

Speed? Bullet-timer at least. The Tenno casually deflect bullets while having a Sunday Smoothie. 

Endurance? Their advanced shield technology provide a solid barrier against heavy blows, coupled with their advanced Warframes, augmented and smithed by the best tech the Orokin could offer. Even a Mirage, one of the more fragile frames, was able to go Lu Bu against multiple waves of Sentient drones before finally getting overwhelmed.

To add, their prominent manipulation and capabilities of channeling their innate Void powers further empowers them. Outside of gameplay, Nova's manipulation of anti-matter would bust a planet. Limbo's a genocidal planeshifter that would roflstomp anything he manages to bring into the Rift. Rhino's stomp is so stronk, it crotch-slaps science and logic in the face.

5-6/10 Tenno.

BUT, I have read somewhere that the Guardians have fought multi-versal beings that created worlds for shiz and giggles. (if this would be true, then it'd be a stomp in Guardian's favor) Unless somebody with vast knowledge of Destiny's lore can confirm/debunk this, I'd side with the Tenno.

EDIT: Okay found the Guardian-OP bit,

https://www.reddit.com/r/whowouldwin/comments/2s61pv/halodestiny_who_would_win_between_3_spartans/?ref=search_posts

Apparently those were past Guardians. So, I'm not entirely sure what are the current-timeline Guardians are capable of.

Edited by SeraIngvir

People do realize Tenno parkour would be useless in a vs fight. How many games have you easily take out flying enemies,etc. Pretty sure flying with 360 degress of movement beat Parkour. Again super soldiers better eye sight than us humans. Tenno get so over hyped in their lore and vs argument.

Also the whole valk block bullets and runs kill everyone close range thing. Didn't valk get captured by the corpus. The corpus soldiers who are not much above regular humans. Their robots aren't the most advance thing out there either so yea.

People do realize Tenno parkour would be useless in a vs fight. How many games have you easily take out flying enemies,etc. Pretty sure flying with 360 degress of movement beat Parkour. Again super soldiers better eye sight than us humans. Tenno get so over hyped in their lore and vs argument.

Also the whole valk block bullets and runs kill everyone close range thing. Didn't valk get captured by the corpus. The corpus soldiers who are not much above regular humans. Their robots aren't the most advance thing out there either so yea.

Except that we have no absolute idea in what situation and condition that Valk was captured.

The Corpus could've found her still sleeping in her pod, or could've paid some Gurstag 3-tier mercenaries that hunted the Valkyr down. Not to mention, the Corpus possess void-nullifying equipment which would severely nerf a Tenno in combat.

Edited by SeraIngvir

Except that we have no absolute idea in what situation and condition that Valk was captured. 

The Corpus could've found her still sleeping in her pod, or could've payed some Gurstag 3-tier mercenaries that hunted the Valkyr down. Not to mention, the Corpus possess void-nullifying equipment which would severely nerf a Tenno in combat.

In the lancers lore it says many tenno have fallen underestimating them. Brain dead regular soldiers should not be able to take out tenno.

Spartan 1s who are much inferior to spartan 2s in halo for instance where able to kill regular solders who aren't brain dead easily.

Okay here's the thing....Lancer lore stated that many tenno have fallen BUT your not considering WHAT kind of tech/power they had BACK THEN. Their gear might be crappier atm due to multiple tenno sabotaging their equipment.

@BoyTitan

Edited by LynxZ4r0Z