Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steve Confirms On Twitter, Ash's Blade Storm Getting Interactive Rework.

Hypernaut1

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/653910748817719296

"goal is to kill the camera popping and instead launch 'time warped selves' to do the assassinations..."

i hope this turns out OK. Am i the only Ash player that actually LIKES the idea behind his current ultimate? I like the feeling of casting an ultimate, teleporting to several enemies in a flurry and returning to my location amidst a sea of dead bodies. There's something just cool about it. Of course there are things i would improve like the camera angles, adding more kill animations and allowing us to stop it early- but i really hope they don't kill the entire move and turn it into an exalted blade clone/stance or another basic ult where you just cast clones.

To me BS feels like Akuma's rising demon ultimate in Street Fighter. That is a game that prides itself on fine control, yet it allows for super combos where you can just sit back and watch the action. i see nothing wrong with that.

IMO, if its just a move where you toss a bunch of clones at the enemies, it will be another typical ult and not really feel all that different from just casting a magic attack.

EDIT: *can a mod add a space between Ash'sBS and change BS to Blade Storm in title. thanks

Edited by Hypernaut1

Bladestorm looks cool and badass and stuff but the problems of this ability are :

- Too powerful, it's finisher damage and the numbers are pretty high

- Not interactive, you just press 4 and everybody is dead in a large area (gg big gameplay)

- Can be moded to be infinitely spammable

I want to see a rework of this ability, and i'm glad it's on the way.

I've never played with Ash, but I always admired his awesome looking ult tbh. It makes a great clip to put into gameplay videos... general gameplay in Warframe generally looks quite stale, his bladestorm added a lot of flair. Hoping this doesn't change.

I've never played with Ash, but I always admired his awesome looking ult tbh. It makes a great clip to put into gameplay videos... general gameplay in Warframe generally looks quite stale, his bladestorm added a lot of flair. Hoping this doesn't change.

It does add a bit of flair to the game. There had to be a reason why they thought it was a good ability in the first place.

I prefer they just make a new frame instead of changing BS so drastically. It should be polished, not scrapped.

Bladestorm looks cool and badass and stuff but the problems of this ability are :

- Not interactive, you just press 4 and everybody is dead in a large area (gg big gameplay)

many abilities are like this anyway.

launching clones will be the same thing, minus switching camera angles. i personally enjoyed the change in perspective. It was different compared to most ultimates in the game.

Edited by Hypernaut1

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/653910748817719296

"goal is to kill the camera popping and instead launch 'time warped selves' to do the assassinations..."

EDIT: *can a mod add a space between Ash and BS in title. thanks

Sounds intresting.

To edit the title go edit and then click "use full edit". 8)

Edited by maimus

many abilities are like this anyway.

launching clones will be the same thing, minus switching camera angles. i personally enjoyed the change in perspective. It was different compared to most ultimates in the game.

Yeah i know...

Saryn's rework gave me the opinion they want this to stop, because miasma need some synergy to deal more damage.

But then i saw "increased base damage of miasma" and i was like "ok they just want us to spam 4 again."

But ash's ult is still more powerful imo, just longer to use. (not even sure since melee attack speed mods increase the ult speed, i didn't try yet)

(btw when i read "bs" i think more of "bullsh*t" than "bladestorm" =/ )

Edited by Trichouette

- Can be moded to be infinitely spammable

I want to see a rework of this ability, and i'm glad it's on the way.

Bladestorm is actually in a really good place right now balance wise.

The only problem is the interactivity of it which is moot except when choosing a target to base the area of the storm around

Bladestorm is actually in a really good place right now balance wise.

The only problem is the interactivity of it which is moot except when choosing a target to base the area of the storm around

Well it's the most spammable and damage dealing ultimate, i don't see how is this "a good place".

Especially with the augment that let you stack the melee multiplier to deal even moar damage.

I like the original Bladestorm including the cut scene, but that was back when it actually worked.   Now and days it doesn't work at all.  Looks like Ash is shadowboxing everything.  It's all screwed up.  If the devs want to remove the ability-cutscene, fine.  At least now there will be more player control and we can see what is going on, rather than seeing back and watching some ruined animation.

Well it's the most spammable and damage dealing ultimate, i don't see how is this "a good place".

Especially with the augment that let you stack the melee multiplier to deal even moar damage.

You obviously have not been around long enough to know how Ash was originally.  Ash was considered useless in many ways before the devs fixed him.  All abilities are "spammable," so it makes no sense to complain about that.  Also, being that it is an ultimate, of course it does high damage.  That's what it's for.  Change that, and he won't be able to handle high level content... again.

I love playing ash but I don't like the fact that modding for duration so invis lasts longer ends up slowing down his ult.  At least that's the way it was the last time I played him.  Maybe this has changed.  I didn't mind his ult but it was hard to see what was happening.  One thing I'm worried about is it almost seems like he's going to lose the use of those wrist blades.  That I'm aware of his ult is the only skill that uses them.  Also ash will lose that period of being invincible during skill use I'll bet.  I used to use that as a way to regen shields if I was in trouble.  Guess we'll have to see what they do.  I like the more interactive skills they have been implementing.

Honestly , i dont understand this fetish to destroy chars, looks like revenge , if my char dont kill as others , is more simple claim for change with stupid ideas, why we ll spend formas and time in chars if have constant changes, caused lot of times for crybabies? Damn leave chars in peace or i have a perfect idea to finish this :  remove this stupid kill score of missions , none will cry becouse someone kill more than you , actually this game game have some factions : inquisitors claimm for nerf everything , buffers claim for buff everything and genious, with stupids ideas for everything , jisus leave game in peace

For most of the 2000+ hours I've played this game, Ash has been my favourite warframe. What did I used to think and think about his Bladestorm now? The same thing as ever, I always saw it as an extremely ugly ability to look at (the camera work on it is awful and Ash connects with the enemies in very weird ways most of the time) and insanely boring to use. I still barely use this ability, only when I really need to clean up a bit, since I don't enjoy using it.

Here's the thing with the teased upcoming changes. They sound very much like what I suggested as changes to Bladestorm a VERY long time ago. What I suggested was something along the lines of:

Ash goes up in the air, in a state of meditation. While in that you as the player can start marking targets that get assassinated in a storm of blades. The way the player sees this is as "clones" of himself jumping on enemies and killing them with his wrist blades. Mind you, he didn't actually have these "clones", it was just him performing the kills back when I suggested this. The idea is that he teleports around, from enemy to enemy, so fast that you only catch flashes of him stabbing and cutting up said enemies, making it look like a storm of blades, a BLADESTORM.

So how do I feel about the upcoming changes? Very optimistic, I feel like I will for once like this ability and actually have an ultimate on Ash. I'd also like to think my feedback from back then went into their heads and actually did something, even if maybe it didn't. So yeah, bring it on!

I would like Ash doing something VERY cool, like using smoke, blades, creepy floating kanjis and kabuki masks ot whatever... and the animations of the current BS rehused in a shiny reworked Teleport (that is, instead of teleport allowing us to throw an axe down somebody's throat, which totally doesn't work in PvP btw, be replaced with "you teleport to the enemy and attack them with your whristblades *play one of current BS cinematics*)