The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Reasons To Take Kubrow Over Sentinel ?

Puer_Stella

Look like I stuck with the bad one ( Chesa ) :( 

Thanks guys, I will sell it and farm egg until I get the combat or stealth breeds. At least I wont have to re buy the incubator.

let me get this straight. your first kubrow was the motha F***-ing chesa, which players, including me, were farming for the last two months, or since the time it was introduced, and you are going to trow it away... oh the irony of the RNG's ways.

yes, kubrows are expensive for new players. they are pretty much end game content. after 1000-1500h however, if you stick that long with the game, the cost becomes next to nothing. put your kubrow in the freezer for now and stick with sentinels (carrier) till the moment comes.

Edit: make 2 imprints before that and sell them on the market for plat!!!

Edited by egypt

HI guys, I'm very new to the game. 4 days ago I started the Kubrow quest, and it was rather unpleasant. I had to spend around 8 hours running Lua over and over again for the eggs, spend 150k and running Void for Argon to build the Incubator, then wait for 2 days for the egg to hatch then another 2 days for it to reach maturity. And now the breaking point is it appears I will have to spend 75 k every week and log in consistently to keep it alive and loyal.

Compared to that, a Sentinel looks much cheaper of an option. 115 k: Done

So the Kubrow has turned out to be a massive credit and time sink for a new player like me. I just want to know if it's worth keeping. Is it much superior in combat compared to the Sentinel ? From what I see, they seems to perform pretty similar functions. If it doesn't then I will sell it immediately with a big middle finger for a goodbye.

Tankiness, Damage, Versatility... Kubrows have higher stats, deal more damage, and can perform the actions of multiple sentinels. They also have some useful unique abilities.

It wont actually. 75k every few weeks is not that hard to acquire. There is wayyy too much fear mongering about that. As a new player, I found the cost trivial and was annoyed that I listened to the forums about how difficult the upkeep was.

Kubrow upkeep is well worth the cost and is easy to maintain, even for a new player.

More like every week and a half. You think new players are going to have the upgrade segment?

There is a very well put together thread highlighting the lack of Chesa kubrow fixes, and DE Megan herself has posted on it to confirm they are not only taking a look at the Chesa's abilities but also the design process that has left them in such a raw state for so long.

If you have a Chesa, hang in there, it shouldn't be too long now.

And now the breaking point is it appears I will have to spend 75 k every week and log in consistently to keep it alive and loyal.

I think you might be off on this part last time I checked it was 1 dna stablizer per week so it would be 75k credits per 7 weeks not one week thats thats roughly 10k credits a week or 2k credits a day that's not so bad but maybe my math may be off feel free to correct me.

Depends on what you do with them.

Kubrows survive a lot better then sentinels at high levels and her utility is also in most cases better. You can also heal your kubow at any point with the pack leader mod, it costs you a health restore for sentinels. You can also revive them, even if that is very tricky at high levels, since they often run into nullifier bubbles full of bombards and healers.

The Sahasa digs out additional ammo/energy/health if you need that what is very good at high levels since your targets will drop less and less of that. It also can do finisher attacks, what ignore armor and CC a target for a few seconds, making it more practical on high levels for dps.

The Raksa is my personal favourite, since it got the strongest CC ability of all companions and will more or less constantly refill your shield instead just 1 time to full every 30 seconds.

The Huras stalk is also more effective then the shade, even if it can be busy doing a attack at a time when you need the cloak, I guess this is the drawback.

The Sunika needs a better utility mod that does something useful outside of capture missions(like buffing damage, CC or giving some form of damage migration) and more damage

Chesa needs a overhaul, the disarm can be useful if it would prioritize big targets like nullifiers, bombards, heavy gunners or techs and the mod pick-up needs a AI fix, the kubrow often runs around you with the loot for ages without giving it to you, it should be quicker and more effective overall.

While the damage is higher with the kubrow, they don't attack so frequently with there AI.

Look like I stuck with the bad one ( Chesa ) :(

Thanks guys, I will sell it and farm egg until I get the combat or stealth breeds. At least I wont have to re buy the incubator.

you will have to build another power core, and you don't sell a kubrow, you pay to have it taken away. Get the upgraded system though, it halves the maintenance cost and prevents them from dying if you don't maintain them. If you want to save time getting a specific breed, you can trade for imprints in trade chat. 2 imprints of the same breed should get that breed.

So heres my kubrow story, i was doing a t3 survival with my friends and i was downed by a heavy gunner and my friend couldnt get me because he was low on health, my huras kubrow outta no where did the finishing move (where the kubrow holds the target down) my friend had enough time to revive me and when i got up i boar primed that gunner. People say Kubrows are stupid don't know what they're missing

i love kubrows, they are better in every combat aspect in comparison with sentinels but...

kubrows are meant for advanced players who have the means to get large amounts of credits and resources, if you are new to the game i recommend you to stick with sentinels until you get to have access to more content in the game

1 Kubrows are dumb, they spend most of the time running around and stuck in corners, as for their utility? chesa is nowhere near as good as a carrier, the doge that digs loot for you? yeah cute but that is not so helpful as it seems. The one single time that i was like "wow thats nice" was in a capture mission where a sunika immobilized the capture target on the ground, thats it.

2 Durability? a well modded sentinel will not die before wave 60 in a survival, and in a defense it goes as long as you do, not to mention the mod the restore your shield instantly, it will save you all the time, THAT is really helpful.

3 Sentinels have a more consistent dps, they keep shooting all the time on everyone, kubrow go with their dumb AI attacking enemies here and there when they feel like.

in the end, carrier > anything else

Edited by NoPainNoPotato

Companion damage is irrelevant where it matters, tho I've had many ocassions where my kubrow kills the nullifier I'm in front of so I give a + to kubrows on that one. Only time sentinel attacks mattered was when vulklok was in it's prime state and spread radiation procs all over the place, with it gone they're pretty much negligible. 

Sentinel durability is non existent. They either take no damage at all or die after taking 2 bombard rocket's splash damage. In the void if you're not playing a mission where you're hiding in frost's bubble the sentinel will always die. Kubrow on the other are pretty durable, if you have the appropriate warframe - unkillable.

Abilities, are a subject to debate.Besides Vaccum all Sentinel's innate abilities are lackluster, to say the least. Additional abilities, like guardian or Coolant Leak are a mixed bag. Kubrow's abilities are also a sort of a mixed bag, but are situationally very powerful.  

Raksa's shield restore is much more powerful that Sentinel's Guardian and is much more reliable in intense endless mission runs. I'd argue Raksa is a requirement for squeezing the most out of Chroma's potential.

Howl was buffed recently, and slows in addition to frightening enemies. Quite useful actually and combined with Protect makes Raksa the best defensive choice among companions.

Chesa is prettty dumpster...

Sunika has the ability to generate energy orbs (up to 3) and ocassionally stuns Gunners/Bombards with her finisher. Is my 2nd choice of kubrow due to her Dig but usually I'd rather get Carrier tbh.

Sahasa and Huras are pretty meh as well. 

If Raksa didn't exist I'd just say that Carrier is the best choice. But as of now it's Carrier for easy missions and Raksa for when you're facing actually hard stuff.

Edited by BattledOne

1 Kubrows are dumb, they spend most of the time running around and stuck in corners, as for their utility? chesa is nowhere near as good as a carrier, the doge that digs loot for you? yeah cute but that is not so helpful as it seems. The one single time that i was like "wow thats nice" was in a capture mission where a sunika immobilized the capture target on the ground, thats it.

2 Durability? a well modded sentinel will not die before wave 60 in a survival, and in a defense it goes as long as you do, not to mention the mod the restore your shield instantly, it will save you all the time, THAT is really helpful.

3 Sentinels have a more consistent dps, they keep shooting all the time on everyone, kubrow go with their dumb AI attacking enemies here and there when they feel like.

in the end, carrier > anything else

Hilarious.

1. The only thing you got correct is thier A.I. Chelsea Kubrow cannot gather loot like Carrier however Carrier cannot I remove enemy weapons. Carrier also cannot  generate energy/health orbs along with ammo for you which is invaluable in defense/ survival or any mission actually. Carrier also cannot ofcourse, hold down VIP's or turn you invisible. Carrier's utility is simply picking up things, that isn't bad however Kubrows provide much more diverse and in some case better utility.

2. A well modded sentinel will die to splash damage well before a well modded Kubrow will and that's not even taking into consideration they scale of warframe stats. Kubrows> Sentinel in terms of durability. They can also be healed.

3. Kubrows also hit much harder than sentinels, while sentinels do have range Kubrows have massive force.

As a whole Kubrows are better than Sentinels, Carrier is not the only sentinel and even then some kubrow abilities are much more useful that picking up loot,

Kubrow are not starting gear.

Dont know why DE lets new players get them.

Just wait until you got your first frame to rank 30 and then think about using them.

Hopefully you have been getting Kubrow mods while getting the egg? You should get a few of them before using one.

Hilarious.

1. The only thing you got correct is thier A.I. Chelsea Kubrow cannot gather loot like Carrier however Carrier cannot I remove enemy weapons. Carrier also cannot  generate energy/health orbs along with ammo for you which is invaluable in defense/ survival or any mission actually. Carrier also cannot ofcourse, hold down VIP's or turn you invisible. Carrier's utility is simply picking up things, that isn't bad however Kubrows provide much more diverse and in some case better utility.

2. A well modded sentinel will die to splash damage well before a well modded Kubrow will and that's not even taking into consideration they scale of warframe stats. Kubrows> Sentinel in terms of durability. They can also be healed.

3. Kubrows also hit much harder than sentinels, while sentinels do have range Kubrows have massive force.

As a whole Kubrows are better than Sentinels, Carrier is not the only sentinel and even then some kubrow abilities are much more useful that picking up loot,

so the only thing i got right on your vision, the bad AI, is already enough to make sentinels better.

kubrows are good at one thing, trying to get a lotus to sell for plat.

considering the only Sentinels that are worth using are Carrier and Helios, AND the even a 'meh' modded Kubrow is a god damned tank, AND that it can stay in the game for far longer then any sentinel could ever hope to, I'm gonna say the Kubrow are far and away superior.

the only real down side to a Kubrow is the up keep, but that's eased up a lot since they first came out, still costs to much imo but then I'm far enough along that I know where to go and can get to it at will, to cover those costs.