The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sword Gift Of The Lotus For Consoles... Really?

(PSN)The-Captain-388

The tactical alert offers a catalyst as Rebecca said on the dev stream.

TA reward shouldn't interfere with the normal routine of getting a potatoe alert after Devstream.

Giving players a Dark Sword because people sold their weapon due to how bad it is. Is just a silly move. Lower ranked players missed a very important item that would've helped them more than a below-par weapon.

Pretty obvious the Dark Sword Gift of the Lotus is because PC received a Baro Ki'Teer dark sword cosmetic... That consoles don't have and won't have for what, 2 months (if at all)?

I'd rather have received a potato alert...

Aren't you guys only like one visit behind us? So the would be coming in two weeks?

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

We got shade point blank ando fur pattern this rotation

I'm very happy with this

And I think we're 2 or 3 rotations behind definitely not only 1

The only concern I have is they where planning on giving consoles independent rotation from PC so there is a possibility for DE to goof and we won't get the skin

But what are the odds of that......

the self entitlement needs a nerf, be happy it's free. DE decided to mix up your entitled potatoe with an alert. #dealwithit

Dark sword has always been free... the 3458 times its been an alert. They should have added the skin to baro on consoles too as were looking at a haloween skin via baro... at new year.

Were 4 rotations behind pc.

Edited by (XB1)Skode

Aren't you guys only like one visit behind us? So the would be coming in two weeks?

You'll both be surprised and have pity on us to know we're 6 visits, aka 3 months behind you guys.

Yeah. 3 months desiring that primed target cracker.

3 months having Baro throw stances i either gained on an event or paid serious plat for.

On topic though, I seriously thought that that staff like sword composed of two dark swords was present in for us this event; what a let down it was to learn that it was just a way for pc players to test their day of the dead skins at release moment. 

So that's why it was dark sword. Pretty obnoxious. Once again, they want money from console users, but can't be arsed to actually treat them properly. I'm telling you no founders pack offered was just the first major sign. Then you get crap like unusable alt fire and this. Disgusting.

I mapped alt fire to my d-pad seeing as DE didnt bother featuring alt fire on the classic set up. Sure scrolling powers one way aint ideal but better than making weapons like the castanas completely useless.

the self entitlement needs a nerf, be happy it's free. DE decided to mix up your entitled potatoe with an alert. #dealwithit

Your post is rude and unwarranted. I have a alt account which I made two weeks ago. I already have 2 dark sword blueprints. A potatoe holds more value to me as I need them more than a mastery-fodder weapon.

And no. I'm entitled to a potatoe because that's what I've been waiting 2 weeks for. A Tactical Alert should not ever override a reward we are costumed to getting. It's like waiting for your order of pizza but you end up only getting an empty box. Sure, you can eat the box to fill you up but it's not going to taste good.

Your post is rude and unwarranted. I have a alt account which I made two weeks ago. I already have 2 dark sword blueprints. ....

...I'm entitled to a potatoe because that's what I've been waiting 2 weeks for. A Tactical Alert should not ever override a reward we are costumed to getting.

I appolgize for coming off as rude but it's far from unwarranted, once again you got the free potatoe, be happy. Your not entitled to anything, you got what you waited for, it was delivered in a more playful package that took time to create.

#suckitupbuttercup

Edited by (PS4)whiskey_14

Pretty obvious the Dark Sword Gift of the Lotus is because PC received a Baro Ki'Teer dark sword cosmetic... That consoles don't have and won't have for what, 2 months (if at all)?

This should be on the PS4 section.

tactical alert give you the potato, DE have just adressed players with this issue since you cant buy dark sword blueprint, and must wait for an alert.

giving you 2 potatos just because you did not got a skin from baro would have generated too much flames, hate and pitchforks from the pc community so it just not worth it.

tactical alert give you the potato, DE have just adressed players with this issue since you cant buy dark sword blueprint, and must wait for an alert.

giving you 2 potatos just because you did not got a skin from baro would have generated too much flames, hate and pitchforks from the pc community so it just not worth it.

I think this much is both correct and obvious but would have nice if they didnt JUST adhere to the pc master race with the GOTL - people anticipate these after all. Why didnt consoles indtead get say a machete? Like Dark Sword mastery fodder for the majority but on consoles very few have it, in fact on xbox its never been available. Its good and all there a TA potato bit its normally one easy to acquire for any level of exp player - this one was brutal for them.

I think this much is both correct and obvious but would have nice if they didnt JUST adhere to the pc master race with the GOTL - people anticipate these after all. Why didnt consoles indtead get say a machete? Like Dark Sword mastery fodder for the majority but on consoles very few have it, in fact on xbox its never been available. Its good and all there a TA potato bit its normally one easy to acquire for any level of exp player - this one was brutal for them.

I think it's just that as always, they actually try to be as fair as possible to all platforms, and that means whenever possible, giving everyone the same thing. 

I want to stress here that as far as I understand, since people already were getting a potato from the TA, there were not any plans to give anyone on PC or console another extra gift this week (which as far as I know, is how they have always done it, you don't get a gift of the lotus and a tactical alert potato in one week, at least I don't remember that ever happening). Then, the Day of the Dead skin for Dark Sword was out on Baro, and people asked Rebecca if we could get a 12h alert. So they released one, and out of fairness it was put on all platforms and not just pc (even though it was an extra gift alert they were not planning). 

I could see giving console a different weapon, but remember then some console players might be disappointed. There are plenty on console I'm sure who didn't yet have the Dark Sword, and many console players do like to anticipate Baro way in advance. So much so that when DE considered stop making it 100% fair (although delayed) and considered changing the rotations, console players said no and DE listened to what they want. Console players for fairness and planning want to know what Baro has and get the same stuff eventually in order as PC. The 12h dark sword alert complements that fairness between the two. If DE could catch both up they could, but in the meantime it's all fair as possible. 

I joke about the "pc master race", but i'm not serious. I wish we had cross platform play and I like everyone in the community and I want it to be fair for all. I think the current system is as fair as it can get for both, without getting them both caught up. 

that what the pc players dont seem to understand its a holiday item for Halloween we should have gotten it as well we will get it probably after December i think.

yeah DE tends to baby pc players more but hey we will get it probably during u18 though for what ever that's worth.