Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove The Dark Sectors Armistice

Stelio-_Kontos

ive tried to look up reason it was gone but it was kind of unclear, was it just unbalanced or did it have some major flaw

Unbalanced, easy to exploit in some ways, clans/alliances that were monopolizing and stuff like that. Overall it was cool but it wasn't "amazing" by any means and I think that is what they want to do with it.

"It's never talked about at all."

You clearly haven't been paying attention to the devstreams or reading the armistice logs if you seriously think they haven't spoken of this at all.They stated a while ago they're overhauling the entire system before bringing it back.

Do some research before saying something of that magnitude.

Edited by LazerSkink

ive tried to look up reason it was gone but it was kind of unclear, was it just unbalanced or did it have some major flaw

they took it away because it was essentially creating american style economics the rich were guaranteed to get richer and the poor would be taxed to death so that the rich could get richer. a new clan had almost zero chance of defeating a clan that already owns a solar rail and DE didnt like the idea of having to leave your clan to go join a clan that may or may not contain people you dont like to have the "privilege" of owning a solar rail

PS: the combat on the rails themselves was super unbalanced as well so there is that.

I see no reason for the previous solar rail conflicts to ever come back, they served little purpose and simply created places for a few alliances to post bad jokes and insulting the community while raising taxes on the end mission reward of the dark sectors to 100% in ICE's case near the end there. Honestly, I would like to see a PVE/PVP hybrid like the original conflict was intended but more in the line of the original Battlefront or Conker's Bad Fur Day with concurrant objectives unlike what we had with more of an emphasis on objectives and less on camping a spawn point with glitched placed rocket turrets floating high on unplaceable walls and bladestorming invisible Ash players.

It's a low priority item when weighed against the return on investment to overhaul. Let's not forget, Dark Sectors were already completely reworked once before, and ended up just flopping any way. I wouldn't feel very motivated either to grind out a Dark Sectors 3.0 when the concept execution more or less failed twice already, AND there is an excruciatingly long list of other projects that are arguably much more pressing and important. 

At the end of the day, it's just not worth it.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

• 2 weeks later...

I think they should bring them back and have them with objectives like the raid made by the clan that owns the dark sector. I think each clan that completes a solar rail should get a dark sector. It should have combined PVP and PVE parts. It should have a set tax rate for every clan. If every clan makes their own defenses and objectives it gives a variety of map types and objectives and difficulty. To make fair on clan sizes only same size clans should be allowed to take each others solar rails. Alliance solar rails should be free for any alliance to take no matter size so to off set size problems alliances should be able to join under one by vote of alliance leaders.

Edited by (XB1)MrGorealler