Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Petition] Please Allow New Deluxe Weapon Skins To Be Universal

Talfrey

The Cyskis skin should be applicable to more than just Dual Zoren. I would suggest that it be applicable to Dual Ichor, and perhaps Twin Basolk if we are to stick to the "Twin Axes" concept, or perhaps even make it available to all Dual Sword stance weapons.

1 ) The Dual Zoren already has what could be argued to be an excess of skins, Already having Five skins. Dagger Axe, Combustion, Day of the Dead, Forest Camo and Kuberus. A sixth ONLY available to Dual Zoren seems excessive.

2 ) The Zoren is not as popular as say, Dual Ichor. If you want to see the skin used, making it locked to a single weapon seems once again, a waste.

3 ) In a purely monetary sense, the more weapons a skin can be used on, the more people will buy it for their favorite weapons. 

4 ) Please, dear goodness, I just want the skins on the gorram dual ichors! It's so fitting, and yet it doesn't apply! :(

Sincerely

-Talfrey

edit: Adding the initial post from the other Petition thread as it makes many excellent points I do not.:

----------------------------------------------

Dear DE,

Please allow the new deluxe skins to function for all weapons in their category. As of right now limiting them to just one weapon is i) Counter-intuitive to the buyer,

ii) Limiting to the aesthetic experience,

iii) A waste of resources for the designers.

Too much work goes into these skins to make them too good to limit them to just one weapon. Should a player choose to use a different weapon from the same category they are essentially punishing themselves by choosing to forgo the beauty of the deluxe skin, which requires significant investment.

The Proto Glaive skin, costing just 50 platinum, is a really good investment because it looks really good and can be used across the category of weapons, which ensures that no matter what new weapons in that category come out, the player's investment in the skin will always remain relevant.

In a game as content driven as Warframe, letting content remain relevant is very important. This is especially true for the new deluxe skins, which require a significant investment on the part of the player and involve a large time-investment on part of the designers. 

Letting them be usable across their entire category would not only solve this, but also incentivise the purchase of the skin as well. Many of the people I have interviewed before making this petition have mentioned that what stops them from buying the Saryn skin pack was that they have a different dual sword that they like to use, and feel that the dual zorens just aren't up to their expectations to invest so much into it. Letting the skin be usable cross-category would solve this, and allow purchase without fear of losing the value.

Therefore, I humbly urge you, to allow skins to be usable across their categories to provide a better investment and enjoyment.

~Signed, Evanescent.

Community, please support this if you would like to see this implemented.

Dear DE,

Please allow the new deluxe skins to function for all weapons in their category. As of right now limiting them to just one weapon is i) Counter-intuitive to the buyer,

ii) Limiting to the aesthetic experience,

iii) A waste of resources for the designers.

Too much work goes into these skins to make them too good to limit them to just one weapon. Should a player choose to use a different weapon from the same category they are essentially punishing themselves by choosing to forgo the beauty of the deluxe skin, which requires significant investment.

The Proto Glaive skin, costing just 50 platinum, is a really good investment because it looks really good and can be used across the category of weapons, which ensures that no matter what new weapons in that category come out, the player's investment in the skin will always remain relevant.

In a game as content driven as Warframe, letting content remain relevant is very important. This is especially true for the new deluxe skins, which require a significant investment on the part of the player and involve a large time-investment on part of the designers. 

Letting them be usable across their entire category would not only solve this, but also incentivise the purchase of the skin as well. Many of the people I have interviewed before making this petition have mentioned that what stops them from buying the Saryn skin pack was that they have a different dual sword that they like to use, and feel that the dual zorens just aren't up to their expectations to invest so much into it. Letting the skin be usable cross-category would solve this, and allow purchase without fear of losing the value.

Therefore, I humbly urge you, to allow skins to be usable across their categories to provide a better investment and enjoyment.

~Signed, Evanescent.

Community, please support this if you would like to see this implemented.

I also found it odd that the skin wasn't going to be equippable on other dual-hatchet weapons like the Basolk, Raza, or Kamas, especially Kamas (since they look closer to that type of piercing weapon) and the Basolk (since a lot of us "upgraded" our Zorens to the Basolk just recently).

This probably would have been better in arts and animation feedback.

For unique model cosmetics heck yes this could be really cool. Dual dagger skins on ichors? I'd love it. My only caveat would be that it would have to be only done with the unique model skins like the new zoren skin, the proto glaive, etc. 

I can't help but wonder though if at the moment this isn't prevented by weapon categories or the lack thereof. Since aside from Heavy Blade, which was highlighted to be it's own category during an old tactical alert, the only categories we really have are defined by the weapon stances and throwable weapons.

technically it's not even a skin... it's a complete REMODEL. the skins (Forest, Shock, DotD) are surrounding the weapon, so those make sense to be weapon-locked. but stuff like this, Proto Glaive, Proto Excal, those are all REMODELS, and should be able to be used on all weapons of that type

unrelated note, WHY on earth do Dual Axes use a Dual Swords mod? Axes and Swords are used very differently. they should really use different stances. even moreso for dual scythes like the Kamas and Raza

This probably would have been better in arts and animation feedback.

For unique model cosmetics heck yes this could be really cool. Dual dagger skins on ichors? I'd love it. My only caveat would be that it would have to be only done with the unique model skins like the new zoren skin, the proto glaive, etc. 

I can't help but wonder though if at the moment this isn't prevented by weapon categories or the lack thereof. Since aside from Heavy Blade, which was highlighted to be it's own category during an old tactical alert, the only categories we really have are defined by the weapon stances and throwable weapons.

Dual Swords are a broad category, and we haveweapon categories pretty much sorted as of the time of posting!

Only one weapon family can share a skin.  The glaives.  The other unique skins are unique to that specific sub-set line of weapons.  It would be like using a soma weapon skin on a mutalist quanta if they make the requested change.

Only one weapon family can share a skin.  The glaives.  The other unique skins are unique to that specific sub-set line of weapons.  It would be like using a soma weapon skin on a mutalist quanta if they make the requested change.

Which is a non-issue for skins that involve new models (which honestly seems like the new direction for all skins in general), there is no point in limiting something like the new dual axe skin or the coming palatine hammer skin exclusively to one particular weapon as it doesn't rely on the base model in the least. All restricting these items does it make them less desirable and puts a waste to the effort put into them. 

I support making cosmetics appeal to a wider variety of weapons if it is at all possible, so count me down for this. 

Edited by Cubewano

Not so, that is an incorrect example.

Your reasoning is wrong because of 2 reasons:

1) The new skins impose completely new models, hence the problem of rigging is eliminated

2) The dual swords on a basic level function look, and move the same.

The mutalis quanta and the soma function completely differently. For better comparison, it would be as if there were variants of the soma, which would form a sub cateogry of soma type weapons. Providing a skin that works for all the weapons in that sub category is what we are requesting for. If anything, it's akin to how skins work for both the primes, vandals, wraiths and prisma weapons.