Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Petition] Please Allow New Deluxe Weapon Skins To Be Universal

Talfrey

An honest question that might impact this thread: do all weapons from a single family have the same reach?

Does Dakra Prime have the exact same reach as Skana? Because if not, the model of the Cyksis skin is probably modeled to match the reach of Dual Zoren. It would be awkward if the reach of Cyksis changed depending on what weapon the skin was applied to while the model stayed constant. Not a huge concern, but something worth thinking about.

Yeah, I'm not sure either. Never done any testing on it. Just imagining if you had Cyksis on Nami Skyla and one axe had a sword-sized hitbox and the other identical axe had a dagger-sized hitbox, it could present quality issues.

I'm not terribly bothered by this. With mods, the Orthos (Prime)'s reach is signifcantly longer than the model allows. Additionally, if you apply the DotD Orthos skin to the Orthos Prime, forcing it to take the Orthos model, you get more of a disaprity, since Orthos Prime has more reach than Orthos, as I recall.

My point being, this wouldn't be a new issue and it's not really one anyone talks about because it's not a big deal.

Finally looked at the skin in game, Cyksis skin is definitely longer than the default Zoren, 20% longer or so.

It does make some sense the skin goes on a crit weapon and not a status weapon though, I wasn't sure, but I just tested in simulcrum, with toxic lash guaranteeing toxin proc, I took Dual Zoren in with only pressure point, true steel, organ shatter, and with Toxic Lash on, hit a lvl 80 healing ancient, non crit strikes procced toxin doing 3 damage, crits procced toxin with 15 damage, and channeling also affected it to 4 and 22. 

And Redtext just mentioned that Toxic Lash is going to like, stack toxin or something. Stacked crit toxin. O.o

But still, using skin on any dual weapon, good idea.

I would love to see this be applicable to any other twin axe style weapons, it's something that should fit with New Loka plant types, and the Ichor (I think the Ichor are more 'sword' then 'axe' myself, but its still ambiguous and fits oh so well, so make it included too.)

But, I get the sneaking suspicion that this is a preview of the next prime access and Duel Zoren Prime, which I'm excited for, I loved the attack speed of the Zoren even outside their use coptering, and that, made more obscene by priming would just be hilarious fun to me.

You have my vote.

I avoided buying the bundle mostly because the extra 24p would have been wasted. I do not use Dual Zoren and have no plans to after selling my old pair.

Unfortunate side-effect is I can not get the sugatra, which is locked to being bundle exclusive..

Edited by Aoden