Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Petition] Please Allow New Deluxe Weapon Skins To Be Universal

Talfrey

I don't recall any frame or weapon skins that are universal at this time. While I don't see any problem with petitioning for the skin to apply to multiple weapons, there's no premise for it in the past.

as AM-Bunny said, Proto Glaive and Spearmint Scythe skins both work across an entire weapon category, and both were/are limited time

Won't they have to make each skin separately? I don't see how you would fit Dual Zoren skins on anything else.

the skin discussed is Cyksis, and it is a totally new model like Brokk, Manticor, or Proto Glaive, or using non prime skins on prime weapons. But unlike Proto Glaive, another limited edition deluxe total makeover, which can be used on Glaive (Prime), Kestrel, Halikar, and Cerata, Cyksis is only available on Dual Zoren.

This is a good idea. but restricted to melee weapons because of technical reasons.

They usually don't have any unique firing mechanisms that would obviously not fit the geo of the new skin, melee are all roughly similar in size and shape in their class to as be virtually interchangable amoungst themselves as it is, so the idea seems feasible to me for melee. 

Edited by Ghogiel

Let's not forget that these are deluxe skins aka new models, not just a paint job. And you have to buy this as part of the package, yes?

That's probably the biggest reason why I feel it should be universal among weapon type.

And for real... Duel Zoren is about to have more skins than we do frames at this rate.