Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Hysteria Have Delay?

(PSN)Dark-TailedFox

The delay between cast and invulnerablity feels the same as it always did, but I feel it's more noticable now due to the toggled nature, you're less likely to be running a 2 minute hysteria build and more likely to be toggleing it when you need it, meaning there's a greater likely hood of toggling it under fire and dying due to slow activation.

I went back to using Natural Talent because of this, also due to the way Paralysis feels WAY TOO slow regularly, always missing windows to stun enemies (enemies are immune to Paralysis stun if they are in the middle of an animation), I've noticed that with NT, Paralysis can slip in between animations and stun more successfully. 

Since the Jordas Precept was launched, I feel like Valkyr's Hysteria has a delayed activation that wasn't there before. Is it just me or was it an intentional thing? It just feels "off" to wait for the circuits in her warframe to light up under heavy fire to activate when it was just instant before.

I actually was wondering this just now as well - I was playing on XB1, Valkyr, as a Client. The response time between casting/Hysteria Activating felt longer than on PC. 

Anyone else? Might be Console specific. 

I haven't noticed a change to activation time but in deactivation. Example: nullifiers, before the change to channeling, jumping into a nullifier field and hysteria ends but immediately equipped or quick melee can slam before hitting the ground, but after change attempting that doesn't work because it now takes time to retract the claws

I haven't noticed a change to activation time but in deactivation. Example: nullifiers, before the change to channeling, jumping into a nullifier field and hysteria ends but immediately equipped or quick melee can slam before hitting the ground, but after change attempting that doesn't work because it now takes time to retract the claws

I think that's an intended change.  Nullifiers dispell buffs, and cancel toggled abilities. Cancelling Hysteria or Exalted Blade takes an animation.  Now that Hysteria is no longer a buff, but a toggle ability, you play the de-toggle animation when encountering a nullifier instead of being immediately dispelled like it was a buff.

I actually was wondering this just now as well - I was playing on XB1, Valkyr, as a Client. The response time between casting/Hysteria Activating felt longer than on PC. 

I've noticed the same thing with exalted blade, personally. It's like it's affected by latency.

I think this isn't just for consoles. I noticed ever since the update that heavily "tweaked" valkyr, this has happened for me on PC as well. As someone who uses a highly mobile and natural talent build for her, it was really noticeable. I personally ignored it thinking it was some sort of factor added in to balance the invincibility a bit.

I've noticed the same thing with exalted blade, personally. It's like it's affected by latency.

I've felt this in solo mode as well, so unless I'm misunderstanding the term latency, I'm pretty sure that's (at least not the only) not the cause.

Solo there doesn't seem to be any difference that I have seen.

In public games, there is definite lag time between cast and activation on PC. VERY embarrassing to get killed as Valkyr because Hysteria was late.

Edited by Kalenath

I can't exactly place it as well as the definition gian_ruiz described.

If I wasn't playing with clan members (ones I usually have no connection problems with), I would've lost all my revives in 1 setting of a Tower 3 Survival because of how long it took to activate under such damage.

Also, its really embarrassing to fall on Lua Excavation at just over 1200 cryotic because Hysteria came late against Bombards and Shield Lancers spawning in (so much knockdown already..) on top of Heavy Gunners suppressing fire.

PS4 is pretty slow now too. Like it took me a few seconds to even start the animation. No other lag signs were present(reload, firing, melee all worked fine).