Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Rework Being Moved To U18?

SerinVeya

So, with U18 being aimed for release on December 2nd, do we know if the Rhino rework and deluxe skin will be moved to the U18 release? They don't usually put out an update in the past two or so weeks before one of the major updates (it's been almost 10 days since 17.11.1 dropped), and they were talking about having the Rhino rework done before the end of November, so...?

Just curious. If it's been said already, sorry, I don't come to the forums often, and probably missed it. :-)

I think that Rhino skin and rework may come a bit later after u18, since we will have new frame, and they will need to iron out all launch bugs.

Palatine is almost certainly coming with U18 - the Frame's changes aren't nearly as encompassing as they were for, say, Excalibur.

Theres no reason to Rule out this coming week, Saryn was released in a Tenno reinforcements update, Why not release rhino in one too? Other than that i don't remember a whole lot else coming that can be Tenno reinforcements to keep people occupied while we wait fro U18

They could release Sydon trident as Tenno reinforcement

Nope, I can guarantee, that if DE doesnt make a Forum post, about not making an update this week too, Rhino skin, and Rework will come tomorrow, wenesday, or thursday... 

I can guarantee it, if De doesnt say otherwise... 

Theres no reason to Rule out this coming week, Saryn was released in a Tenno reinforcements update, Why not release rhino in one too? Other than that i don't remember a whole lot else coming that can be Tenno reinforcements to keep people occupied while we wait fro U18

I can't find it but they have said other than hotfix's nothing will be coming out before U18.

Why ? They simply don't have to the time to fix anything they would release now without it pushing the release of U18 back.

Palatine is almost certainly coming with U18 - the Frame's changes aren't nearly as encompassing as they were for, say, Excalibur.

True true but there comes the issue of his deluxe skin coming alongside it as well, if the germesei skin is anything to learn from, de doesn't like releasing large updates and specialized skin in tandem. More precisely they don't want the skins being overshadowed by the bundle of other new content and could interfere with the sales for that specific product, especially given the limited time nature of them. 

I was of the mindset u18 would be when palatine rhino arrived as well, but seeing how DE reacted to the whole situation of germesei on console, and how de is making it quite clear we are getting something this week that is more than quickie hotfixes, its hard to take palatine and the rework out of the running for whatever is coming this week. Especially when he was slotted for this month, not u18 specifically. 

I can't find it but they have said other than hotfix's nothing will be coming out before U18.

Why ? They simply don't have to the time to fix anything they would release now without it pushing the release of U18 back.

That was the last week, not this one, also on a Prime time, or on the latest Devstream, on a brief moment, they said, about U18 not coming on November, but Rhino deluxe would still come, so again if DE doesnt say otherwise, it should be coming this week, independently of U18.

True true but there comes the issue of his deluxe skin coming alongside it as well, if the germesei skin is anything to learn from, de doesn't like releasing large updates and specialized skin in tandem. More precisely they don't want the skins being overshadowed by the bundle of other new content and could interfere with the sales for that specific product, especially given the limited time nature of them. 

I was of the mindset u18 would be when palatine rhino arrived as well, but seeing how DE reacted to the whole situation of germesei on console, and how de is making it quite clear we are getting something this week that is more than quickie hotfixes, its hard to take palatine and the rework out of the running for whatever is coming this week. Especially when he was slotted for this month, not u18 specifically. 

THIS^

We can expect Rhino deluxe coming this week, there is anything, saying No, unless DE does create a post on the forusm, then... i dunno

Edited by Godmur

I have been missing from the game for close to two years.  What happened to rhino?  WHat is wrong?  Did the nerfgun hit him hard?

More like he got old, and they didnt do anthing to him so it ended up worst than nerfed, he got forgotten

Rhino is getting pampered with a Rework that will grant him much more viable Iron Skin (that scales with enemies), and Rhino Charge and Stomp can be synergized together (stomping and then charging an enemy deals massive damage). he's also getting Heavy Impact as a passive. he's also getting the Palatine Premium Skin , which looks awesome.

at the moment, he's widely used, but most people just use Iron Skin and nothing else. there are SOME good CC/Tank Rhinos out there though.

probably, the term rework is used pretty loosely around here as of late. it's basically a rework whenever more than one ability is being altered at the same time. 

to be fair it is a rework since we were just told a bit of information on what they are planning to rhino of course they kept stuff hidden to suprise us

to be fair it is a rework since we were just told a bit of information on what they are planning to rhino of course they kept stuff hidden to suprise us

was it mentioned somewhere that the information on the rework we were provided was just a sliver of what is happening to him? if not then we can't really use that as evidence. 

Edited by Cubewano

• 3 weeks later...

One question?

I saw a video on youtube and there is after u18 the iron skin invincible :-D after iron skin he has 3 seconds of invincibility. He took after casting it his hikous and shot under his feets and made unbelieveable 25000 ferrit health in it. My question is now: is this a glitch or is it normal an addition to his rework?