Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time Limited Exclusives!

(PSN)Tactless_Ninja

But TC can't use those. He's too butthurt from not being a special snowflake anymore.

All jokes aside you need to chill Tactless_Ninja. It's not as if the skins being a permanent market item suddenly erases the skins you've already bought.

No, I know. I immediately bought the Excalibur proto skin and glaive when I saw it. Still feel used. Like a used.....sponge. I'll come back later with a better metaphor (no i won't)

You want bait and switch? Try the Dendra armor.

On release they were solid plates of plasma, which was why I bought them. Then they were suddenly glowy pin stripes with no mention in the patch notes.

This right here, the permanent skins, is DE listening to their community.

Edited by Aoden

The reason why I bought those skins was only because they're time limited. I actually found some of them ugly.

Would never have bought them in the first place had I known they were going to be available 24/7.

You got your priorities straight.

I don't have a problem with it. 

DE spend a lot of time on them so why not make them something everyone can enjoy. 

It's up to you if you want to buy it. 

Limited time baiting doesn't mean anything as the people who really wanted it would have bought it on the first day it was released regardless of whether it was limited or not. 

But I'd like to think that this is a positive community note .. DE released something in a limited fashion but the community advised it should stay, and they agree'd .. so now everyone can benefit from it and have the ability to buy, or to save up to buy them. 

but that said .. new Jat Kittag skin no available on it's own !! :(

The reason why I bought those skins was only because they're time limited. I actually found some of them ugly.

Would never have bought them in the first place had I known they were going to be available 24/7.

Well at least you learned an important life lesson then. Don't ever buys things you don't want just because companies package it with a nice ribbon. 

ok. thats great and all. they're returning useless skins for use. why not return Excalibur Prime? something that we actually need? and the prime accessories. i didnt even know this game existed half a year ago. and players like me are to be punished for not being in the loop?

ok. thats great and all. they're returning useless skins for use. why not return Excalibur Prime? something that we actually need? and the prime accessories. i didnt even know this game existed half a year ago. and players like me are to be punished for not being in the loop?

Excalibur Prime is different. 

Back then, people could pay real money (and only real money) to help accelerate the game's development (or something like that). They are Founders. For their investment, they got Excalibur Prime and all that stuff.

Edited by Gibyax

same thing. except for didnt exactly think they're ugly, but i just figured, why not have something in the long run that isnt available anymore?

Excalibur Prime is different.

Back then, people could pay real money (and only real money) to help accelerate the game's development (or something like that). They are Founders. For their investment, they got Excalibur Prime and all that stuff.

i pay real money for prime access packs and platinum already and would have done that when it was released. except for i had never heard of this game before half a year ago Edited by Seretrime_Prime

i pay real money for prime access packs and platinum already and would have done that when it was released. except for i had never heard of this game before half a year ago

My guess is that the current Prime Access packs don't carry the same weight as the Founder Packs did since the game is in a very different state from back then.

Holds as much weight on Warframe now as pre-orders do for digital copies. You're going to get them anyways eventually so why bother? Gersemi came out what, a few weeks ago? Not mad about skins being available just the marketing used to sell it was bust. So what are your feelings on this bait n switch?

The only real exclusives are beta participant items, founder items and prime access items. No one ever said that these skins wouldn't come back, they're limited because they are limited to the time that they are available to purchase until they are put out to purchase again.

Edited by Balmungofsky

I'm fine with it.  let go of your special snowflake ways.

egh.  I hate that word.

If DE had said something like "excal prime is exclusive never to be released again"

and then released him for the general public later then yeah I could understand the "bait and switch."

but we all knew these skins would come back eventually next year.  so I don't understand the big deal.

Prime Accessories are coming back.

Excalibur Prime was a Founder frame for the people that spent money when Warframe could very well still fail, the current Prime Access packs don't have such a huge impact.

The Orphid skin was directly labeled as a limited item and yet it came back permanently only a week or so later.

I'm all for skins being permanent fixtures in the market, but it's ridiculous that they used the limited label to quickly milk a few extra dollars out of those who thought they would at least be getting a decent period of exclusivity. I know a handful of clanmates who are already regretting their decision to pick it up for this reason alone.

Edited by JuicyPop

The Orphid skin was directly labeled as a limited item and yet it came back permanently only a week or so later.

I'm all for limited items eventually making a return [whether on rotation or permanently], but this particular instance just reeks of deception.

Bait and switch implies the price changes. The seller lures in the buyer with low prices but ends up selling at a higher price, or the seller encourages the buyer to buy another more expensive item. Currently the only thing that has changed here is how DE is selling the skin, the price hasn't moved up or down, and you aren't being pressured into buying another skin.

Now even if the price did move it would be considered something like a special event, celebrating the release with a discount until a predetermined time (usually takes a week or two) at which point the price returns to normal. They don't encourage you to buy another item and they aren't rapidly changing prices.

Edited by Postal_pat

Holds as much weight on Warframe now as pre-orders do for digital copies. You're going to get them anyways eventually so why bother? Gersemi came out what, a few weeks ago? Not mad about skins being available just the marketing used to sell it was bust. So what are your feelings on this bait n switch?

Well i view it as DE realised that its better to have them pernament in the market rather than creating panic with timelimited items. So conclude: its a good change

I'll say it because everyone is thinking it:

Founders.

Not saying thats my opinion, just putting that out there.

8ek9wCV.jpg

More seriously, I've seen plenty of founders actualy wanting to see the release of founders in-game gear. Some don't really care either way. It all depends on the person.

I don't mind that it's permanently available and everyone can access it now, that's fine. I'm just annoyed because I was pressured to buy this "limited availability" Gersemi skin before it disappeared- if I'd known it would be back for good a week later, I would never have paid full price, I'd have waited for a discount. I feel that was a bit sneaky and underhanded.