The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons With Silencer

Metamorphus

I've just thought. We are in super technical future, right? We have super armor, we can launch to walls, have amazing powers and soooooo many different weapons.

But why Tenno didn't make any weapons with silencer, like those we see in all stealth shooters? I mean, we have bows and all, but wouldn't it be rational to have silent fire weapons as well? I think those would fit perfectly in here. And don't start with me 'bout Silencer mod, cuz idea of a topic is 'bout silent firearms, with silencer and stuff. And yes, my english is weird.

Just a thought. Thought though. Critisize not me tho, but idea.

Edited by Metamorphus

There are those things called "Hush" for rifles and "Suppress" for secondaries.

Imagine they are not mods, but silencers that you put on your weapon...silencers are not parts of the weapons but just attachments for them anyway.

Edited by crazyN00b

And don't start with me 'bout Silencer mod

There are those things called "Hush" for rifles and "Suppress" for secondaries.

Guess you didnt read the whole thing?

But on topic: Yeh, i think its wierd that we dont have any innately silent rifles or pistols. I really want some 

Edited by tyny89

Ok...here you go- why we can't have weapons with silencer and should accept that "hush" and "suppres" are your only silencers:

Putting a silencer have disadvantages- less range and less power. You can also notice that on other games with weapon costumization and such things that putting a silencer have some negative effects. Here you get that negative effect by having one less slot which you could use for increasing the weapon dps.

So making a weapon with silencer (which I will say again- it's attachment for weapon, not part of a weapon) will mean you can't remove that silencer and get increased power. 

And before you go like this doesn't matter becouse it's just a game and they can do whatever weapon they want with whatever stats they want

imagine they make a silenced weapon dealing 100 dmg fully moded.

now imagine they make the same weapon, unsilenced but dealing 150 dmg fully moded and if you put a silencer mod it goes to 100 dmg. (random numbers picked to give an example)

There won't be a big difference.

(which I will say again- it's attachment for weapon, not part of a weapon)

There are a few real weapons with in-built silencers (cant remeber any right now) 

so i dont see a problem with getting atleast a few innately silent guns

but also, why should something irl matter for this game? We have Explosive orb shooters (simulor) and Corrosive dartguns (Tysis). yet again i dont see why that would be a problem

Edited by tyny89

Oh, man.

It's a game. DE has gone in this direction and it is what it is. The mods work, cost you a slot, and that's that.

Integral suppressors are largely used with full power factory ammo that happens to be supersonic. By design, these things lower the velocity of service ammunition so there's no supersonic crack. You know, quiet and stuff. Subsonic ammo isn't so much of an issue, but if you don't go to larger bullets, you lose energy and terminal ballistics (so you go .45ACP as opposed to 9mmP--except the gun is now bigger and...well...tradeoffs).

Suppressors you screw on the barrels (or have quick release gadgets), which we'll call cans, since everyone does, don't deal with any of this. If you put a can on an M4, you'll get the supersonic crack. Usually, this isn't a huge deal, but if it is, you go to a subsonic caliber (.458 SOCOM or .50 Beowulf). Again, the suppressor itself doesn't really affect ballistics (though it can change point of impact, so has to be zeroed with it on).

What's this have to do with Waframe? Not a damned thing. But now you have a clue what this stuff actually is.

There exists a gun called the AS Val. Made by the Russians a long freaking time ago, it's innately silent, has a 20 round magazine, takes the same ammo as an AK-47, has a removeable scope, is completely automatic, and can switch off the gas valve to make for super powerful and accurate semi auto shots. All of this, and it is more than powerful enough to take a man down at 1000 yards.

Do not give me the BS that space ninjas don't know how to silence a gun without sacrificing damage and accuracy.

There exists a gun called the AS Val. Made by the Russians a long freaking time ago, it's innately silent, has a 20 round magazine, takes the same ammo as an AK-47, has a removeable scope, is completely automatic, and can switch off the gas valve to make for super powerful and accurate semi auto shots. All of this, and it is more than powerful enough to take a man down at 1000 yards.

Do not give me the BS that space ninjas don't know how to silence a gun without sacrificing damage and accuracy.

Please, do not sound like you know what you you are saying if you do not.

AK (most commonly referred to as AK-47) is using a 7.62x39 round. 

AS Val (and Vintorez, too) - both use a 9x39 round.

The big difference is that the 9mm rifle round is much heavier, and is subsonic - thus, makes less noise when leaving the barrel.

And i am not even sure what valve are you talking about, but both of those weapons become unusable at 300 meters because of ballistics, and the fact they are made for urban combat.

Edited by vitmerc

Please, do not sound like you know what you you are saying if you do not.

AK (most commonly referred to as AK-47) is using a 7.62x39 round.

AS Val (and Vintorez, too) - both use a 9x39 round.

The big difference is that the 9mm rifle round is much heavier, and is subsonic - thus, makes less noise when leaving the barrel.

And i am not even sure what valve are you talking about, but both of those weapons become unusable at 300 meters because of ballistics, and the fact they are made for urban combat.

The barrel of the AS Val is internally suppressed, and those rounds would not be silenced without the internary supressed barrel. I literally own one, and mine takes 7.62. Sure it doesn't hit 1000m when full auto, but it can hit that far when I turn off the gas valve.

The reason mine takes 7.62 is the same reason some AR 15s take .22

The barrel of the AS Val is internally suppressed, and those rounds would not be silenced without the internary supressed barrel. I literally own one, and mine takes 7.62. Sure it doesn't hit 1000m when full auto, but it can hit that far when I turn off the gas valve.

The reason mine takes 7.62 is the same reason some AR 15s take .22

So you've got a modded one?

I believe that some "MODS" can have physical representation.   Weapons that shoot bullets can have attachment point on their barrels.

So when you equip "hush" on Grakata, an actual silencer will appear on its barrel.

I believe its not that hard....Since we have these "sugatras" for melee.   Though it will NOT work with ALL weapons. Some will have external silencer....and some will just have it "built-in" because reasons.