Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy Sorties Are Horrible.

Reaver_X

The problem with Spy Sorties is the players, not the mission. The ciphers aren't that hard if you just take a moment to think about it. The timer doesn't speed up until you touch a certain number of hexagons in the corpus ciphers, so take your time before you trip the cipher's alarm, and the grineer ones are incredibly easy considering they have no time limit. Before the current spy mission's were added, I had around 200 ciphers solved with 0 failed, since they almost never appeared in missions. After the spy update, I'd say that around 90% of my cipher solving is in spy missions. I'm currently at 952 solved, 14 failed, and an average time of 6 seconds.

If you really need help, head to the spy wiki page and read up on the various rooms and tactics used to get past them.

(I will admit there is one corpus room that is always a b***h, simply because the vents are nearly always closed, and the enemies have ridiculous paths that have little to no predictability. But it rarely appears, thankfully.)

Seriously, i can't hack anything because i hardly have time to look at the puzzle and figure it out, not to mention, i can't click quickly to line up the shapes because otherwise i overshoot it and screw myself due to lag. it also feels like the cursor moves slower than what it should making it difficult to move from one hexagon to the next and instead end up clicking one you already have set. Plz fix this DE, somehow, add more time maybe?

Got some news for you that maybe you are not aware of just yet, but SPY 2.0 has been released for some time now giving you plenty of time to play that mode and learn to work the puzzles. Spy missions are my specialty ask anyone who knows me or watch my spy tutorials on youtube.... 

Listen there was a time when I could not work the puzzles as it was difficult for me to even distinguish the colors of the corpus set. Overtime playing lower level spy missions and utilizing the intruder mod I was able to learn the patterns better and better. Now it is second nature and I do not need the intruder mod and/or the ciphers which I have 100s of just sitting around.

Last just FYI Sortie missions are considered END GAME CONTENT and have much harder difficulty requirements up to and including taking out the ability to easy mode a mission! Rather than complain about it go get ..................... nvm!

My profile says my average time to hack a console is 6 seconds.  I wasn't aware people struggled with consoles until sorties happened and people started complaining.  I don't understand what's so difficult about them, really.

My average is 7 seconds so I'd need the intruder mod lol.

The problem with Spy Sorties is the players, not the mission. The ciphers aren't that hard if you just take a moment to think about it. The timer doesn't speed up until you touch a certain number of hexagons in the corpus ciphers, so take your time before you trip the cipher's alarm, and the grineer ones are incredibly easy considering they have no time limit. Before the current spy mission's were added, I had around 200 ciphers solved with 0 failed, since they almost never appeared in missions. After the spy update, I'd say that around 90% of my cipher solving is in spy missions. I'm currently at 952 solved, 14 failed, and an average time of 6 seconds.

If you really need help, head to the spy wiki page and read up on the various rooms and tactics used to get past them.

(I will admit there is one corpus room that is always a b***h, simply because the vents are nearly always closed, and the enemies have ridiculous paths that have little to no predictability. But it rarely appears, thankfully.)

Wait, the timer in sortie Spy missions will speed up of you press the hexagons too many times?

How many is "too many"? I Loki'd today's mission and I'm not exactly among the fastest of puzzle-solvers, but I didn't notice anything different at all. The whole mission felt like just another typical star-chart spy run, really (aside from the enemies being annoyingly tanky).

Edited by SortaRandom

The Corpus ones are pretty simple though I think some people are just better at recognizing patterns. The Grineer one though...especially when there is lag...or the sound happens before the cursor actually reaches a "notch"...then it kicks you out...again..and again...

Might I suggest: gitgud? Sorties are meant to be hard, and they're completely doable. They aren't required content, so you really can't complain about a relatively low skillcap.

You could try higher sensitivity and other stuff as well. Are you aware of right clicking going the opposite of left clicking? I'm not sure what really stops you.

Might I suggest: gitgud? Sorties are meant to be hard, and they're completely doable. They aren't required content, so you really can't complain about a relatively low skillcap.

You could try higher sensitivity and other stuff as well. Are you aware of right clicking going the opposite of left clicking? I'm not sure what really stops you.

Annnd now you skill worths nothing, you skill makes you suffer from RNG to get a less-effective one (while Greater Lens cost 40p in market). There's another thread complaining about putting Spy mission in sorties, NOW they remove Exterminate from last sortie missions, what a BALANCE, hype FANBOY.

Annnd now you skill worths nothing, you skill makes you suffer from RNG to get a less-effective one (while Greater Lens cost 40p in market). There's another thread complaining about putting Spy mission in sorties, NOW they remove Exterminate from last sortie missions, what a BALANCE, hype FANBOY.

wat

There's also the Dera Vandal parts, Legendary Cores, S#&$ loads of credits, and the Karak Wraith parts. Not totally pointless to run the sorties.

Pardon? Are you saying sorties aren't worth it now? Cause I mean I'd run it every day for that tiny &#! chance at a core anyways.

Well, more power to anyone that doesn't like spy missions and other stuff, if they don't view the rewards as worth it any more.

The corpus hack puzzles I find them doable. With practice you can eventually figure out the pattern.

Grineer though... Regular grineer puzzles are doable. But in sorties you have a very short time limit. My reflexes aren't very good with those type of timed hacking. I gave up on Ruks sortie spy after failing 7 times.

Honestly I think the Spy Sorties are completely fine. They are kinda the only skillbased Sortie missions I have seen so far.

Everything else gets roflstomped by our weapons and Warframe powers.
I too, lost a few times in a Spy Sortie so far because of the puzzles but it was always my own fault.
Can't confirm the lag, I play solo though, but with low framerates.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the Grineer puzzles don't have a time limit, only an error limit. It fails if you press an already pressed thingie for the fourth? time.

Edited by Clows-Hydee

To OP

See this image?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/528383129358643682/E08410C3DE9BCBC8FE9FE1DA7990EED4FF0091CF/

If you can solve this, you can solve anything. It is the most difficult hack puzzle. Everything after this one is easy peasy

There are tougher ones like the one that alternates between several 3 and 2-prong parts in the outer layer and 6-prong part in the middle. That one takes me the longest time as I have to find the 3-prong ones first and figure out the rest from there.

To OP: It just takes some practice. I usually have 6-8 seconds left even without Intruder but I've practiced quite a bit since I like levelling in Spy missions and am rather cheap when it comes to ciphers.