Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy Sorties Are Horrible.

Reaver_X

Seriously, i can't hack anything because i hardly have time to look at the puzzle and figure it out, not to mention, i can't click quickly to line up the shapes because otherwise i overshoot it and screw myself due to lag. it also feels like the cursor moves slower than what it should making it difficult to move from one hexagon to the next and instead end up clicking one you already have set. Plz fix this DE, somehow, add more time maybe?

fps lag makes it horrible?  because I'm used to playing with 10-15fps, and they're fine.  Have you also considered ciphers?

I will say that I have had some serious fps drops in every mission after the update - everything from the quest to a basic exterminate.  It seems to be a big issue :/

even WITH intruder, its hardly enough time

and no i can't do it with that fps lag, if i do get it, its because im lucky and i had to do very little turning to do the corpus hacking puzzle

something needs to be altered to compensate for this, because im not touching sorties anymore till this isnt a problem.

also, you can't use cyphers in sorties.

Edited by Reaver_X

What you say:

Seriously, i can't hack anything because i hardly have time to look at the puzzle and figure it out, not to mention, i can't click quickly to line up the shapes because otherwise i overshoot it and screw myself due to lag. it also feels like the cursor moves slower than what it should making it difficult to move from one hexagon to the next and instead end up clicking one you already have set. Plz fix this DE, somehow, add more time maybe?

What I literally hear:
I LOST! I PLAYED A WF MISSION AND I LOST! 
THIS SHOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE DE! 
PLEASE FIX THIS BUG! 

Edited by Thodor1s

and no i can't do it with that fps lag, if i do get it, its because im lucky and i had to do very little turning to do the corpus hacking puzzle

something needs to be altered to compensate for this, because im not touching sorties anymore till this isnt a problem.

Could the fps loss be a v-sync issue?  I have that turned off along with my display set to borderless fullscreen.

First : do not trigger the alarms. Triggering them should stay as a punishment, and since it's supposed to be endgame spy, well... That'd be really sad if any rusher could enter the room, tank the lasers & do the thing like he was doing some defense/survival...

Second :

-Grineer puzzles require timing & they got no time limit. :) (unless you weren't a stealthy ninja & the guards got you)

- Corpus puzzles : always prioritize the cells with 3 segments first. You'll see faster how the polygon looks like.

About lagging issues : I play on a potato laptop(15 fps & less), and I'm one of the 4 Flawless Spies contest winners. You can do that!

First : do not trigger the alarms. Triggering them should stay as a punishment, and since it's supposed to be endgame spy, well... That'd be really sad if any rusher could enter the room, tank the lasers & do the thing like he was doing some defense/survival...

Second :

-Grineer puzzles require timing & they got no time limit. :) (unless you weren't a stealthy ninja & the guards got you)

- Corpus puzzles : always prioritize the cells with 3 segments first. You'll see faster how the polygon looks like.

About lagging issues : I play on a potato laptop(15 fps & less), and I'm one of the 4 Flawless Spies contest winners. You can do that!

well i can't hack it like that, its too disorienting.

sounds like your problem is performance, not the Game Mode. you should work on addressing that, not demanding that the game bend to your seemingly out of acceptable play levels performance.

unless it's...

- Input Latency

- Mouse Acceleration

the former can be addressed with some things mentioned below.

the latter can simply be turned off in Windows (like anyone trying to use a Mouse accurately should do.). sometimes engines have their own Mouse Acceleration built in - but Warframe doesn't have this problem.

whats v sync do?

Vsync syncs the Framerate to your Monitor's Refresh Rate. the GPU will wait for the Monitor if frames are ready too early.

this has a tendency to cause Input Latency - which can be avoided by limiting your Framerate to 1-2 under your Monitor's Refresh Rate.

(or just disabling it, i'd recommend that personally - and capping your Framerate instead)

alternatively you can also use your Video Drivers to force other types of V-Sync if you want other options, such as Adaptive.

Triple Buffering also can help Input Latency when using V-Sync.

I have been seeing a lot of complaining about hacking in the sorties and I have never had a problem with them even though my fps is generally at around 15-20. If anything I very much enjoy doing the corpus hacks and ran nothing but corpus spy missions when farming for Ivara. I only used any ciphers during the few times I screwed up and got detected inside a spy vault.

Grineer puzzles are very much about timing, which means their difficulty rises with lower FPS. I know that all too well, but still manage somehow.

Corpus puzzles are more about technique. I used to have difficulty with them until a clanee gave me a tip. Start on the outside rings and orient them to the inside first. You don't necessarily have to start with the 3-prongs first. Once those are all aligned, just spam click the middle and you'll get it. If you need practice, go run Oceanum on Pluto. You'll also get Ivara helmets and BPs there, so it isn't a waste of time either.

My tips:

-Bring intruder.

-If you fail use the Liset air support immediately to buy some time.

-Most corpus spy vaults can be done with only 1 hack panel. Yes just 1.Learn the tilesets and it'll be a breeze.

-Loki with Switch Teleport and Decoy helps a lot in skipping lasers and getting into vents. Just don't let Decoy alert enemies.

-Focus on the outer part of the hack panel, then the internal, I noticed it helpes a lot.

Edited by Agentawesome