Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Thoughts On Focus Cap?

AnOldAlias

Seeing a few comparing syndicate caps to this.

Personally i wouldnt mind seeing a softer cap.

Assuming the current focus gain is kept the same:

- 1st 75k focus gain is usual

- 75k-150k focus gain at a reduce rate (80% reduction from norm rate)

- 150k -225k focus gain is even futher reduced. (96% reduction from norm rate)

The whole point is to reduce burnout and to give LONG TERM objectives. If we allow it to go completely uncapped, people would just grind it over and over and over again until they got everything in a short amount of time.

That being said, if people want to grind it religiously, i would say give them the opportunity but with consequences.

In the orbiter when you check your focus, you can check which tier of focus gain your in. This will discourage people from going overboarding trying to max everything out in the shortest amount of time but also allow every game you play to gain a lil bit of focus.

75k is stupid low, especially since Greater Lenses are now available in the market for so cheap. I can easily reach over 100k Focus running two Ludi, Ceres Exterminate missions in a little under 15mins. Granted, there really isn't much I want to max/explore through with the Focus abilities available, so it honestly doesn't matter to me at this point.

I understand the cap it keeps people from being too much better than everyone else. Sorta

Ah yes the, "I can't be told I'm not as hard working as others/a miserable failure" reason.

At least shared focus gain would give you a consolation prize, but as it stands now, you want everyone brought down to your level.

PS, Loki + Hushed crit Tonkor +exterminate=you too are with the "pros"

Seriously, this game isn't hard enough to warrant the distinction, yet as ciphers in sorties show, we somehow manage to lack basic muscle control, pattern recognition, and hand eye coordination amongst players expected to be more rambunctious than the apeman's meth doing crack baby son in a bounce house.

Even without the cap it will take quite a bit to max out a tree...sure I get that they want to limit progress. But there are other ways to do this instead of punishing core gamers for wanting to spend time on something.

A "phased" soft cap that also relies on mastery rank would be the way to go. Give us 5K on this soft cap per rank but give people with lower ranks an additional stage that is equal to the current maximum achievable MR.

So basically if you are MR0 you get:(Let's ignore the fact that MR0 can't get focus, this is just to show the system)

0 - 75K = 100% gain rate (current)
75K - 180K = 50% gain rate
180K - ∞ = 25% gain rate.

As MR10 you get to have:

0 - 125K = 100% gain rate
125K - 180K = 50% gain rate
180K - ∞ = 25% gain rate

As MR21 you get to have:

0-180K = 100% gain rate
180K - ∞ = 25% gain rate

Basically core gamers are rewarded for investing all their time in this...but the more casual crowd, weekend gamers and new players still have a chance to continuously advance.
Plus they even get the benefit of having a longer gain rate "streak" whenever a new mastery rank becomes available.

By the end of the day...this system is equal to popular mmo "rested" systems where you get a multiplier for a set amount of XP since you are well rested. This could very much apply to Tenno. After learning so much in a single day...you will be exhausted and learning more will be hard, thus the rate goes down.

Edited by Shehriazad

The cap is fine dont need everyone to finish focus fast its supposed to be endgame.

I do also think that the cap should be based on mastery not hard capped at 75k

Its not endgame if it has to be capped.

It means your goal is too low, and frankly affinity to focus is very much not given you can carouse Mercury with a lens if you have plat.

Perhaps making some of the more glitched hilarity things like all the stuff that keeps hitting into the Gate Crash event from reused coding. Something like that of 9999 mobs and bosses.

Otherwise it really needs to be gotten that endgame is a state of mind not of being. And really, if find it infuriating when somebody says my skill is arbitrarily worthless in favor of trying to appease lessers who are given all the same tools but refuse to better themselves.

^ Title.

I'll say my thoughts/suggestions in here as well.

Please try to keep this Civil as much as you are able. I know its a bit of an iffy topic to talk about, but still!

Personally, I don't like the Focus Cap.

A Hard-Cap was, and is, the wrong way to go.

If anything, I would've preferred if they just reduced the amount of Focus you can acquire after you hit the 'cap' instead of hard-capping it. Making it so you can still earn Focus Points(XP) but at a reduced rate after that high-cap is met.

Though thats just my opinion.

without a cap, i couldve maxed out a complete lens by now.

4x exp i can hit the daily cap in one go i believe. I believe its suppose to be a long term thing

Edited by Fighting_Street

Let's not stop there... Acquisition and the way we place focus lenses is backwards too. The whole point of the game was to give players a variety of weapons and warframes to suit the situation... Now we're told to kill-steal with only certain weapons/frames in order to advance our skill? It's counterproductive.

As for a cap. I don't see what the big deal is. Syndicate points have a cap, and we grudgingly accepted those.

The difference between Syndicate and Focus is the spoils of Syndicate can be traded.  A cap on reputation with syndicates keeps people from flooding the market, which is a plus.  Nothing about Focus is tradable, it's all personal power.

I don't think it needs to be capped, but then, I also don't think it should be tied to experience gain, which is super cheesy and boring to grind for.  If it were tied to the difficulty of a mission (enemy level * type of mission * amount of waves completed) then it would be a reward for just playing the game, and not faffing about on Draco.

Edited by ArcusVeles

I'm fine with the cap.  Since U18 came out, I've hit it once and that was due to a concerted effort between my friends and I.

The changes I'd like to see would be shared Focus as well as some way to still gain Focus when not using the 'frame/weapon with a lense on it.  I like the diversity of having so many 'frames and weapon, so it'll take me a long time to get a significant amount of Focus. 

cap was bad idea, i understand why they wanted to cap it for the sake of keeping players coming back but what they shoulda done was make the numbers required way higher like per say instead of 75k to unlock a skill something like 450k. issue with hardcap is it stops progress and makes u feel like obtaining something liek a full skill tree will take to long or isnt worth it over per say leveing up that new prime u just made or a frame or blah blah blah.

It's there as a safety valve if someone finds an exploit to earn 500k focus an hour or something.   They need it at least until they understand what players are capable of.

And yet we still haven't gotten shared focus, but we have had knives taken to anything that isn't Draco for getting it with the cap.

Far more telling where the priorities are given syndicates did not have the issue, and the selected material for hotfixes.

Should limit it based on mastery rank like syndicate and conclave rep. o3o

This were my thoughts too.

The focus definitly needs a cap, without a cap I would be able to max the whole tree this weekend, due to 4x xp. 

I put my lens and my favourite frame and my favourite secondary, I love to use them and want to use them. I would have to penalize myself to not max the whole tree this weekend by putting them aside after I gained enough focus.

This were my thoughts too.

The focus definitly needs a cap, without a cap I would be able to max the whole tree this weekend, due to 4x xp. 

I put my lens and my favourite frame and my favourite secondary, I love to use them and want to use them. I would have to penalize myself to not max the whole tree this weekend by putting them aside after I gained enough focus.

Instead of putting a hard cap on overall Focus XP, why not put a cap on mission focus XP you can get per-mission?

say like. 25K max focus XP per mission.

Instead of putting a hard cap on overall Focus XP, why not put a cap on mission focus XP you can get per-mission?

say like. 25K max focus XP per mission.

That´s indeed an interesting idea.

The problem I see with this is people leaving endless mission when they hit the cap, on the other hand, that´s already happening.

That´s indeed an interesting idea.

The problem I see with this is people leaving endless mission when they hit the cap, on the other hand, that´s already happening.

I think that'd work a bit more then hitting people in the face with the un-used Focus XP that you accumulate past the cap that you can't use. :/

Well, that is true. Though, as you said, people do that anyway xD