Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Valkyr Be Changed To Take Damage During Hysteria?

TwevOWNED

You're supposed to turn it off every now and then. That's basically the only thing keeping it remotely balanced.

in order to conserve energy or because the orange tint gets annoying and disorienting? the muffled sound is a nice touch but it gets weird.....almost empty.....poor valkyr ;_;

Edited by Implodingbanana

You're supposed to turn it off every now and then. That's basically the only thing keeping it remotely balanced.

Supposed to is the problem. Valkyr is just another version of those noobs that use Loki as an Im too scared to fight so let me go invisible and remove everyone weapons, where Valkyr is Im too scared to fight let me only focus on the efficiency of Hysteria and not the rest of my skills and survive on only godmode for 40+ minutes then tell my team who has 20x my kills GG!!

It's totally not that simple. 

Valkyr's number one biggest problem is redundancy. Her kit is largely redundant with itself, since Hysteria replaces the need for her amazing base armor, the armor buff from Warcry, the stun from Paralysis, and even her passive knockback recovery. However, if you change it to 95% DR, Valkyr herself becomes completely redundant because Chroma can reach the same kind of melee DPS, can tank just as well, and hit like a train with any weapon, unlike Valkyr who is forced to use her claws. Not to mention Excalibur, who has real crowd control and can attack enemies with the same crazy damage scaling from the next room.

Yes, I agree that Hysteria's god mode should be removed. That being said, Valkyr would need a full-scale rework were that to happen, because as it stands, invulnerability is her sole distinguishing characteristic. Hysteria is the only crutch for a kit that basically needs blanket buffs. If you take away that crutch, what are you going to give back?

Edited by Gurpgork

So make her mesa without the ability to fight at range?

Shatter shield ONLY blocks projectiles so when a derpy lv 80 butcher comes up behinds you he 1 shots you as mesa. that 95% for valk would be all sources of dmg

Edited by rawr1254

I definitely think Valkyr having an invulnerability is an issue, but I'm not quite sure how to change it. If you completely strip her from it, you basically makes her trash and she loses some of her identity. If we were going to take away the invulnerability you must change other things in order to compensate. Maybe a 70% resistance but a bigger health pool? That's the best idea I can come up with.

Hysteria is a channelling ability what means rage would not work to begin with, same as on Ember where you don't use WoF in a melee build for that particular reason.

Yes rage works with effigy, defy, etc :| all channeling skills. And wtf a melee built Ember?

4bUV7Ls.gif

Edited by rawr1254

Effigy also works with EV, it is most likely a edge case(or bug depending on DEs opinion about it) like the old channelling WoF with duration that could use EV and restores. Wukong takes me another 2 days to finish so I have no opinion on that yet.

Go try it out with WoF, it does not work. Also when you play like everything with Ember for a full year, long before the WoF changes, you also most likely have a 2. Ember prime for melee runs and with accelerant + prisma dual cleavers or scindo prime the frame is surprisingly effective up to a hour in survival with that before the lack of EHP becomes a problem.

I'm just going to copy and paste what I wrote a short while back

Paste:

Have range mods affect Hysteria's aura inversely, increased range will reduce it, and reduced range will increase it. Have it have a similar effect to Nyx's Absorb in how after a certain amount of damage taken, she looses energy, something along the lines of, when she takes 1k damage she looses 1 energy. At max efficiency (this effect not being affected by duration efficiency) she would loose 1 energy for 4k damage (numbers could use tweaking). 

While in Hysteria she currently only takes 7.5% of the damage done to her to her counter. Change it too 20% but have it be affected inversely with power mods. 200% power strength and she takes 10% damage done to her for her counter. Damage done calculation should remain as is, this would cause armor to still increase her tankyness even during Hysteria. 

Boom a somewhat balanced Hysteria without outright removal of her invulnerability (but drastically reduced possible duration) of course if enemies drop energy orbs like being in an orgy of 50 hooker drops calories, then you would still never leave hysteria. Maybe increase her default starting energy pool to 125 or 150 to offset this nerf/balance/buff/whatever you want it to be.

Valkyr is a fun frame, nuff said

Not denying that. Just people are tired of weak Valkyrs joining a game just to survive till the end. They do absolutely nothing to try and use her other skills. If you're gonna be all she's a fun frame, she isn't OP fine. Just give us a reason to not get rid of the godmode by oh idk not ONLY using hysteria for 40+ minutes. Yea Embers, Excals, etc all use their skills for that duration too but they're helping with kills way more than your single target claws. So do us a favor and build her for an eternal war war cry and bring your scindos and your galatines and go nuts so we dont constantly have to use LS or bust our butts to protect a huge horde of enemies from the defense target.

TL;DR

Yes she's fun

Nuff Said

Give us a reason not to nerf her by not focusing on only hysteria in your builds.

if people want that survivability over damage, i dont see the problem, meanwhile trinity ge- *gets shot*

if you dont like crappy valkyrs (or in any case any crappy player at all) get friends to join you to complete missions, and i think that should settle your problems for every single crappy player you might ever encounter.

Why not just make her heal when she takes damage and take damage when healed :D when she is in hysteria

and let us troll from every healer frame?!?

Yes, i would like to see a remove of her invulnerability but only if she get´s something for that.

I would love to see a Berserk Problem.

She get´s negativ Damage. and if hysteria is deactivated, while negative she is dead.

Negativ Counter goes to negativ max HP and if it´s higher she dies also.

But in Return, give her more melee Range ( maybee combined with range mod´s ) and or the ability to use zipline for free.

Not denying that. Just people are tired of weak Valkyrs joining a game just to survive till the end. They do absolutely nothing to try and use her other skills. If you're gonna be all she's a fun frame, she isn't OP fine. Just give us a reason to not get rid of the godmode by oh idk not ONLY using hysteria for 40+ minutes. Yea Embers, Excals, etc all use their skills for that duration too but they're helping with kills way more than your single target claws. So do us a favor and build her for an eternal war war cry and bring your scindos and your galatines and go nuts so we dont constantly have to use LS or bust our butts to protect a huge horde of enemies from the defense target.

TL;DR

Yes she's fun

Nuff Said

Give us a reason not to nerf her by not focusing on only hysteria in your builds.

Tf who brings a valkyr to a def mission anyways?