Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1X Free Respec We're Getting Soon

XaelathRavenstorm

I find it hilarious how some people read one part of someone's post, invent their own context and roll with it. It's absolutely, mortifyingly, hilarious. 

Also, it is my humble opinion that as far as Focus is concerned, the opinions of late game players are a bit too biased to be taken at full value. Yes, it is an advanced player feature, but consider that this is a long term thing. Like the syndicates were supposed to be at first. Something that, for the most part, just "runs in the background". 

I understand that for very many of people here holding pitchforks, Focus is currently the only "new thing" for us to do. So we do what we always do. Grind through it with the ferocity of a whet-stone operator on acid and three crates of red bulls.

I, on the other hand, prefer my digestive tract intact. I'm MR19 and have yet to reach the daily cap for Focus. Don't see myself bothering to do it anytime soon. 

Edited by Lakais

OMG Being efficient is now an exploit ?

BTW we need the focus cap raised 75K is way too low I'm wasting focus.

Anything under "efficient gameplay" is effectively an exploit and should be nerfed to uselessness fixed soon™

as long as youre gaining focus faster than him youre exploiting basically

I could max out my daily Focus allowance in less than 30 minutes thanks to double affinity and stealth runs on Ceres.

Now I'm not even going to bother, because I don't have 4 hours of life per day to waste just running stealth missions because when designing Focus, older players were pretty much forgotten.

#1: stealth kills are a feature, not a bug.

#2: people arent getting 50k per stealth run, youre absolutely delusional if you think thats actually happening. Solo T4 survival for 1 hour will net you 30k total from frame+weapon with greater lenses without a booster.

i NEVER said stealth kills are a bug, Yes, its a feature, but using a loki to stealth an entire level for 50k in one mission is not the intended rate of affinity gain: effort. If you have a Loki - great for you. Not all of us want to use Loki to grind Focus. Not many players want to stealth entire levels. Affinity gains arent balanced around that type of play.

DE doesnt want an "efficient" Loki player maxing the focus tree by playing 20 stealth levels, yet they dont want to nerf the XP gained from stealth. THAT is why there is a daily cap.

De doesnt want to punish players (too much) for using the meta and maximizing gains- yet they DONT want a team getting together and blitz through 300k focus in a tree in a few hours. THAT is why there is a cap.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Actually what's exploiting is to manipulate the spawn mechanics rushing undetected to extraction to then kill all enemies in one single room. And there are a LOT of people doing that.

Normal stealth runs have been in the game for so long now i'm personally pretty baffled someone has the courage to call them exploits.

Give this dude a cookie ^^^^

I guess nobody has a brain to actually thinks

Stealth has always been like that. And now it's an issue?

Meh

i NEVER said stealth kills are a bug, Yes, its a feature, but using a loki to stealth an entire level for 50k in one mission is not the intended rate of affinity gain: effort. If you have a Loki - great for you. Not all of us want to use Loki to grind Focus. Not many players want to stealth entire levels. Affinity gains arent balanced around that type of play.

DE doesnt want an "efficient" Loki player maxing the focus tree by playing 20 stealth levels, yet they dont want to nerf the XP gained from stealth. THAT is why there is a daily cap.

De doesnt want to punish players (too much) for using the meta and maximizing gains- yet they DONT want a team getting together and blitz through 300k focus in a tree in a few hours. THAT is why there is a cap.

Wait until they put in group affinity gains for focus, Draco + stealth Kills = Mega Focus !!!!! 

Just exactly how are people that don't have the lens on a damage dealing frame suppose to gain Focus?

Put on a weapon and on get 2-5k a day ? (assuming no lens on the frame) No thanks !

Actually what's exploiting is to manipulate the spawn mechanics rushing undetected to extraction to then kill all enemies in one single room. And there are a LOT of people doing that.

And that is exactly what is now known the "stealth exploit". Not the normal stealth run that so many noobs here are complaining about.

And that is exactly what is now known the "stealth exploit". Not the normal stealth run that so many noobs here are complaining about.

This is at most 1m faster per run than just stealth killing everything along the way. How anyone could consider this an exploit is beyond me. Clever use of game mechanics at the worst.

I figure a big chunk is people are upset at being proven to be crap frankly.

Leveling to 30 on Draco is easy when leaching, but right now focus is a true show of skill.

There's no hand holding, there's many ways to do it, but the thing is its now up to the player to get there.

This is quickly showing the "ninja shinobi weeaboo look at me I'm not even aware that ninjas wore black because they were frequently the stage hands in kabuki theatre and the black was supposed to mean ignore them so that it was then a sudden showing"

In a game far more akin to ninja gaiden or murder hobo stealth.

Where now their flashy but extremely inefficient methods that kill Mercury are being shown for what the rest of late game players have been saying. Pathetic, incapable of getting the gains needed, and nothing special.

So where those of us who are noobs are aware that focus is not yet their time, these MEV (Mercury Earth Venus) and taxi plox, players are now being slapped most impressively with the great fish of reality as the boatman of brutally murdered egoes makes his way upon them, his oar at the ready to beat the dragon Nikana out of their hand and put the deathly shame upon them.

1 plat to whoever first lists all the alliterations I made here, to be traded for when we are both on.

Still waiting for a quote.

GZDe0ig.jpg

Cheers to both. I'm seeing that as mostly useful to a casual player with limited play time.

Anyone else can farm/buy a different lens (reasonably priced now thanks to DE actions), farm the first 50k to unlock the school, and then switch between schools pre mission (select one as primary) as much as they want. We can also turn ways within a school on and off, so there's no real problem with expanding a school too far and costing yourself too much cooldown. You just need to focus your focus.

The players that have the time will unlock everything eventually anyway.

I'm wondering how far a respec would go. Would it include choosing a first school again and being given another lens free?

I hope we will have enough time to actually unlock some stuff before the respec is offered.

WELL I HOPE THEY IMPROVE ALL TEH ABILITIES FIRST BEFORE THEY HAND OUT DAT RESPEC! ;D

Cause you know~ It would be pointless to respec anyways~ =/

Unless it means we can go to another school~ =/

Still waiting for a quote.

GZDe0ig.jpg

Awesome that's very good news then~ ;D

I'm excited now! ;D

So when do we get it?! :O

Try to search for the meaning of "exploit" before u come here to say u don't consider it an exploit. 

Two contradicting sentences above.

It depends on your definition of the word exploit. In this usage, it literally means to get the value or use out of. Killing any mob via powers/weapons is technically exploiting. Eating with utensils is exploiting. Wearing shoes is exploiting. However, in technological terms, the term exploit refers to knowingly abusing a bug/glitch with malicious intent. Running to 20M/20 Waves and intentionally failing, then aborting to keep your key, was an exploit. Letting the air run out in a survival and never leaving was an exploit. These have obviously been patched, just examples.

Glitching outside the map so enemies continuously spawn in the exact same place, instantly, infinitely, was an exploit. I'm 99% sure this is why we currently have a cap, as there are a fairly large number of places this is possible. I'm 100% sure it's why they made the spawn/stealth kill timer changes, along with a few places you could literally AFK as Ember/Equinox/Banshee doing essentially the same thing.

Running to extraction to group up the same number of enemies that you would otherwise get into one place is not at all the same thing. You can run through the mission killing as you go for the exact same amount of affinity. The mission can be completed just as quickly, offers no additional rewards and requires no additional effort.