The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Is Ivara Worth The Plats?

watermane2000

Question

21 answers to this question

Is she worth 325 plat? Not really.

Is bypassing the grindwall worth 325 plat? Absolutely. Though I must warn you that she's a very squishy frame, not an 'in-your-face' or 'fire-all-the-guns' kinda deal. You need to be very stealthy and tactical while playing her.

Edited by Ailith

Ivara is the first Stealth Warframe that the game has had.

very flexible in Stealth without being Invisible at all times.

the Warframe i want to use when playing Stealthy.

whether it's worth the Platinum, i don't know. i did buy Ivara (which probably says something about how interested Stealth while not being Invisible at all times i was, as that's the only Warframe i've purchased - though probably would have paid Platinum for Saryn if she had been released later in the cycle where i would have been able to buy with Platinum as well as Saryn would have gotten the improvements that she did to make functionality fit the DoT theme better) though.

by the by - i'll just make sure you're aware that you acquire Ivara parts ala:

high Level Spy Missions: Blueprint / Helmet

low/medium Level Spy Missions: one/other part.

i.e. you need to play Spy Missions at all three Tiers to get the parts you're looking for.

TBH if you use spy missions for leveling unranked frames, then i suggest farming for her, you never know when will RNG give you Ivara,

her skills are very unconventionally top-notch, there's Quiver, a useful skill for a lot of situations, there's navigator, something that augments quiver and a lot of projectile type weapons, prowl slow-walking invisibility, can be countered by rolling, will also give additional headshot dmg mult. can "pickpocket" nearby enemies sometimes dropping energy orbs to prolong prowl itself. and then, Artemis, Topnotch EB range, Think of your Energy Bar as another ammo bar, get huge energy via Flow etc. and you'll be a rootin' tootin' hunter/espionager.

Is she worth buying ? No. No warframe or weapon is.

Is she worth farming ? Absolutely. Imo she's one of the best frames ever released, very powerful without being an ult spammer, and a jack-of-all-trades while still suceeding in each of her jobs. She is so balanced and fun she can go beyond the meta - as in, she motivates you to approach familiar missions with a fresh eye, giving you an incentive not to stick to the usual press4towin and be a bit tactical instead.

Let's say very few items are worth to be bought by plat and among the frames I would say only those who have not an easy way to farm(not meaning it's easy to get them)are worth it.

Ivara is not easy to get but has an easy farming method, so it's not worth the plat.

But, if we consider the frame value then she's definitely worth the farming and her plat value is not overpriced as she's not only very fun, but damn useful too.

So, in short, if you're not in the mood for a long farming and prefer to buy her from the market then at least you're not ending up buying with plat a mediocre frame, like Nezha.

Ivara isn't the kind of frame that has time as a major factor into farming, like Vauban, Mesa, and Nezha; frames like those is the only time when you would consider buying with plat. It's almost like farming frames from easy-access bosses, you just need to do it a little longer. If you haven't already, recruit other players to help speed up the mission; if you're in a clan I'm sure they're willing to give you a hand.

She really is enjoyable to play, but don't let that be the reason for you to buy her with plat. You can farm her anytime and how many times you want, unlike a few other frames that has some form of restriction(s).

Edited by NekroArts

Is she worth buying ? No. No warframe or weapon is.

Is she worth farming ? Absolutely. Imo she's one of the best frames ever released, very powerful without being an ult spammer, and a jack-of-all-trades while still suceeding in each of her jobs. She is so balanced and fun she can go beyond the meta - as in, she motivates you to approach familiar missions with a fresh eye, giving you an incentive not to stick to the usual press4towin and be a bit tactical instead.

No kidding!

i love going into defense missions and making a web of wires high up and raining arrows on the enemies below!

much more fun than sitting in a snow globe