Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade Is Way Too Powerful (Press 4 To Win)

Issxi

I post this on every Exalted Wave thread, just to showcase how obscenely strong it is BEFORE external buffs, and with a non-optimized build. With new mods available now, this could be even stronger.

Looks fine to me.

Edited by JuicyPop

Ok tbh...if this WERE so OP then WHY wouldn't people be begging for an excal in recruiting for anything other than Draco? OBVIOUSLY people don't feel excal is helpful as a carry frame. SO this means EB is not OP. Pre Greedy Pull/Mesa Nerf people were begging for mesas/mags in EVERY game. So if this is NOT the case for Excal then he doesn't need a nerf.

Edited by rawr1254

Ok tbh...if this WERE so OP then WHY wouldn't people be begging for an excal in recruiting for anything other than Draco? OBVIOUSLY people don't feel excal is helpful as a carry frame. SO this means EB is not OP. Pre Greedy Pull/Mesa Nerf people were begging for mesas/mags in EVERY game. So if this is NOT the case foe Excal then he doesn't need a nerf.

Mesa and Greedy Mag were better for factory farming than Excalibur is even today. I mean, Mesa could be played by a macro in a factory farming scenario before Peacemaker's change. 

Also, seeing what people are asking for in recruiting is a poor way of determining whether something is overpowered or not. There is a very specific list of frames that people ask for in any specific situation. He's rarely the best choice for factory farming, he's never the best choice for Law of Retribution, and he's rarely the best choice for Jordas Verdict, and those are really the three main scenarios where people ask for specific frames. The frames used in those scenarios are used for very specific reasons, and Exalted Blade doesn't really fit into that "meta".

That being said, Excalibur is the most used frame across all platforms, so if you don't ask for specific frames, it's entirely possible that one of your squadmates will be using one.

Why not... Oh, I don't know... Ask for weak things to be buffed/reworked instead of asking for nerfs all the time?

Because there's less strong things to be nerfed than weak things that'd need buffs.

Buffing everything would also once again require enemy scaling to be increased so they keep up, making for an even more frustrating newcomer experience.

There's literally ALL the reasons to nerf selectively the few things that people enjoy only because of their power, rather than re-balancing the whole game to avoid that.

Edited by Naqel

For how powerful it is it is way too overpowered. The efficiency is TOO good as well as the damage. 

What does it matter to you? Are you affected personally?

If you do not like, do not play. Because of people like you, of mentality "oh, please nerf", crying children, Warframe is getting worse.

Stop crying.
Edited by Awazx

>EBlade kills stuff, guys!

Now post a video of Nova using MP

>MP slows stuff, guys!

After that, post a video of Frost sitting inside a globe

>He just won't die, guys!

And then - Loki going invisible

>They can't see him, guys!

Actually only one of them can finish the mission with it's obsene power, guys.

Hint: Most of the time, missions are about, or easier to acomplish by killing the enemy. Lukiely EB has no problems with that until high 3 digit levels.

Here we go again with the ''Nerf the starter frame, the first of the first, the oldest of them all'' crap... I just want you to know OP, that even your title is faulty. ''Press 4 to win'' is labled on nuker frames that can wipe out most of the enemies on the map, just by pressing the #4 key... If you think about it, currently, Excalibur has nothing to do with ''Press 4 to win''. If even your title is a false accusation, I see no reason for anyone to take you seriously...

If anyone here supports anti-powercreep you have better stand up for Excal, as nerfing him will most likely leve him in uselessland again, which would be THE ultimate power creep...

Actually only one of them can finish the mission with it's obsene power, guys.

Hint: Most of the time, missions are about, or easier to acomplish by killing the enemy. Lukiely EB has no problems with that until high 3 digit levels.

Have you ever gone high level? (Cryotic front, breeding grounds) most events feature really high level enemies, so killing them isn't an option besides the need for power cores (like in cryiotic front) and the best choice is controlling the crowd instead of killing them, just to reduce eneny effectiveness, and this is where frames like loki, nyx, Nova, Nekros (terrify build), RB excal, silence banshee, etc. outshine any damage dealer skill like Radial Javelin, Blafestorm, world on fire, or whatever (except for mag SP in corpus missions, but that's another topic).

Btw, most frames must sacrifice mobility or survivability (or both) in order to keep a build that allows them to easily kill anything, and still damage skill start losing their power after certain level if some requirements aren't met (ie. 4cp, or currently 3cp+cd)

Have you ever gone high level? (Cryotic front, breeding grounds) most events feature really high level enemies, so killing them isn't an option besides the need for power cores (like in cryiotic front) and the best choice is controlling the crowd instead of killing them, just to reduce eneny effectiveness, and this is where frames like loki, nyx, Nova, Nekros (terrify build), RB excal, silence banshee, etc. outshine any damage dealer skill like Radial Javelin, Blafestorm, world on fire, or whatever (except for mag SP in corpus missions, but that's another topic).

Btw, most frames must sacrifice mobility or survivability (or both) in order to keep a build that allows them to easily kill anything, and still damage skill start losing their power after certain level if some requirements aren't met (ie. 4cp, or currently 3cp+cd)

CC > damage is nothing new to Warframe.

It's still a fact that EB still shreds enemies while everyone else can soly rely on CC and running. And still after the kick in of a damage falloff there is Radial Blind to go the next 20 minutes.

CC > damage is nothing new to Warframe.

It's still a fact that EB still shreds enemies while everyone else can soly rely on CC and running. And still after the kick in of a damage falloff there is Radial Blind to go the next 20 minutes.

There is plenty of weapons, which can "shred" enemies as well. Also there is damage buffs like Roar or MP, which can buff these weapons for "next 20 minutes".

Should DE nerf weapons in game for the same reason?

Edited by letir

Nope. Finishers have a seperate multiplier that is defined by the used weapon. Swords including EB are kinda in the middle(2-400%?). Axes and hammers gain the best boni with 700% and 800% finisher damage (that's where the augument shines). You gain with naramon in fact what you'd gain with RB. Instead. Not stacking.

(Using surging dash is the only way to benefit that much from the stealth as combos stack with stealth. Use a huras optionally.)

And its x4 btw.

Thx for the info, I was genuinely wondering if those bonuses stack. Still, being Invis Loki and Excal at the same time is epicly OP however you slice it. 

And what are the repercussions of that? We end up in two stages of Warframe gameplay. Let's say, for the sake of argument, pre-level 100 and post-level 100. Pre-100 you have frames like Excal pulverizing everything on the map by mashing E, completely removing the challenge of combat. But that's okay since at some point we get to post-100 right? Well, not quite, as post-100 is, like you rightly remarked, all about dat CC that changes enemies into part of scenery (Loki + Slova for instance), so they can be completely ignored. So we have a choice of brain-dead easy combat or no combat at all in a shooter? This choice sucks IMHO. 

There is plenty of weapons, which can "shred" enemies as well. Also there is damage buffs like Roar or MP, which can buff these weapons for "next 20 minutes".

I'd say that when they remove obligatory weapons mods, as they are planing to do, some sort of damage adjustment may very well happen. But this aside, you have to aim guns. At best, you get a small TAoE with things like Penta. Most powers are just map-wide radials. Obviously, EB is not but the waves are so spamable that it hardly matters.

And what are the repercussions of that? We end up in two stages of Warframe gameplay. Let's say, for the sake of argument, pre-level 100 and post-level 100. Pre-100 you have frames like Excal pulverizing everything on the map by mashing E, completely removing the challenge of combat. But that's okay since at some point we get to post-100 right? Well, not quite, as post-100 is, like you rightly remarked, all about dat CC that changes enemies into part of scenery (Loki + Slova for instance), so they can be completely ignored. So we have a choice of brain-dead easy combat or no combat at all in a shooter? This choice sucks IMHO.

That's just a player's choice. If somebody wants simply run around finishing everything by brainlessly mashing E while on EB and get killed after a few shots on the back, that's their issue, their choice, their build, let them have it. If a player relays in gunplay or melee and uses skills just on times when they're really needed, and thus builds towards mobility and survivability over power strength or duration, there's no need to punish them for other player's brainless gameplay.

Note aside, whenever I see an excal spamming EB on sorties or endless missions, they're usually the ones falling more frequently with the enemy escalation, while mine keeps going on perfectly without spamming EB. This thanks to the rear being totally defenseless, unlike it was with powers that then got fixed (miasma / peacemaker, keeping the player safe by erasing everything on a 360° radius at a huge range).

Said that, there's no need to nerf excal, the main problem is players who can't stand not getting an orange number under their names on the kill count from the end mission screen abd thus complain about a dps based skill doing its job in a "cooperative" environment where all the squad is "supposed" to share a goal.

Shred? At Assault Riffle shots per second level? Are you serious?

Maybe a Accelerant powered Supra with full power str. but you will be out of energy very quickly.

Asside from a good modded Tonkor or a Synoid Simulor nothing lays waste at the level of the Exalted Blade - you don't even have to bother with basic stuff like targeting or priorizing with these cutting deathwaves.

That's just a player's choice. If somebody wants simply run around finishing everything by brainlessly mashing E while on EB and get killed after a few shots on the back, that's their issue, their choice, their build, let them have it. If a player relays in gunplay or melee and uses skills just on times when they're really needed, and thus builds towards mobility and survivability over power strength or duration, there's no need to punish them for other player's brainless gameplay.

Note aside, whenever I see an excal spamming EB on sorties or endless missions, they're usually the ones falling more frequently with the enemy escalation, while mine keeps going on perfectly without spamming EB. This thanks to the rear being totally defenseless, unlike it was with powers that then got fixed (miasma / peacemaker, keeping the player safe by erasing everything on a 360° radius at a huge range).

Said that, there's no need to nerf excal, the main problem is players who can't stand not getting an orange number under their names on the kill count from the end mission screen abd thus complain about a dps based skill doing its job in a "cooperative" environment where all the squad is "supposed" to share a goal.

Addressing the first two paragraphs, that's just anecdotal evidence. I mostly see Excals that are perfectly capable of having their backs to the wall while spamming, hiding in some nook of the map, or throwing in an occasional RB to keep the survivability up. And I fail to see how correcting the cheesy aspects of the skill would punish good players. If they don't rely on them, they won't even notice the difference, no?

As for the last paragraph, I've never met those jelly people who want to top the scoreboard all the time (then again I play mostly solo), but there is plenty of people who like to use that card to nullify opposing sides argument. Not saying that this is what you are doing here, mind you. If I threw a blanket statement that the main problem are people who refuse to get good and cling to their crutches, I'd be immediately called an elitist A******, and rightly so. Hence, I find such arguments unconvincing.  

Call me elitist if you want, but as I can see the main issue are players clinging to their crutches, refusing to "git gud", taking away the small challenge in this game by spamming power strength built skills regardless of being in mercury/earth. That's the kibd of player who lazily "takes away the fun from other players" and the reason why "xxxxxx is OP, nerf it please" threads spam starts, ruining part of the fun for players who are able to use a variety of stuff.

Personally, i don't spam EB, RJ, SD nor RB. But still i think that skills shouldn't be nerfed because a bunch of players are unable to think of something else that "i need moar power strength to reduce the time to kill those lvl100 enemies" and then another bunch of players complain of the first bunch exploiting the skills. The nerf mentality needs to stop.

Call me elitist if you want, but as I can see the main issue are players clinging to their crutches, refusing to "git gud", taking away the small challenge in this game by spamming power strength built skills regardless of being in mercury/earth. That's the kibd of player who lazily "takes away the fun from other players" and the reason why "xxxxxx is OP, nerf it please" threads spam starts, ruining part of the fun for players who are able to use a variety of stuff.

Personally, i don't spam EB, RJ, SD nor RB. But still i think that skills shouldn't be nerfed because a bunch of players are unable to think of something else that "i need moar power strength to reduce the time to kill those lvl100 enemies" and then another bunch of players complain of the first bunch exploiting the skills. The nerf mentality needs to stop.

Fair enough. I still disagree, because, IMHO, it ultimately hurts the regular players who use "balanced" builds, as the "I need moar power" crowd screams for "harder" stuff, and DE makes gimmicky, artificially difficult content to match the gimmicky builds. But you make valid points too, so I agree to disagree. 

Let me repeat myself:

'Nerfing' the one thing that is too strong, is easier and faster to do than re-balancing the whole game to avoid that one nerf.

A single item being stronger than the rest, kills your precious variety by invalidating other options.

No matter what angle you approach the issue from, a single nerf is ALWAYS better than reworking the whole game every week a new item is released.

Warframe's balance is in the horrible state it's in, because of idiots(there's no other way to describe it) who think "nerfs" are inherently bad.

A single item being stronger than the others doesn't kill anything unless you decide to build it in order to become even stronger and push the current limits of the game. Why not adding some more limitations on builds (X mod can't be equipped while Y mod is on the same build) in the same way as exilus cannot stack to break mobility? This way the game would get rid of any good dps skill being built towards power strength and breaking the enemy limits. Same for endless ranged powers (currently capped on 50m, a huge line or radius in game), or the so used duration based abilities becoming endless because of duration mod stack (maybe sacrificing rang, but that isn't a drawback for some skills)

I agree being some kind of god able to kill masses of enemies with a single swing of a sword, who is invisible, intangible, etc. Tajes away the challenge from the game and eventually makes it get boring, and the only way to achieve this kind of power is pushing the limits of certain skills by sacrifing the use of other powers. If I wanted to be a god I'd be playing any offline game using cheats and nobody would complain about it, but at least for me, becoming that kind of god kills a good part of the fun. You can kill me if you want, but i guess it's much easier adding a few restrictions to the builds and this way skills won't be broken, the nerf mentality decreases (it will never end, anyways) and then a few skills might get a buff to be put in line with the rest.

Shred? At Assault Riffle shots per second level? Are you serious?

Maybe a Accelerant powered Supra with full power str. but you will be out of energy very quickly.

Asside from a good modded Tonkor or a Synoid Simulor nothing lays waste at the level of the Exalted Blade - you don't even have to bother with basic stuff like targeting or priorizing with these cutting deathwaves.

Hek/V Hek can do it as well, if you put Punch Through mod. There is also Lex Prime and AkSomatti with Primed mods. Kulstar with pretty big numbers.

Everyone have their own stock of formae'd weapons, wich can "lay waste" without any troubles up to 50 lvl, and with buffs - up to 70-100 lvl. Honestly, EB as well falling around 60, and after that it's pretty much RB+Finisher move.

Reddit was right... People here ask for nerfs for literally everything.

Why not... Oh, I don't know... Ask for weak things to be buffed/reworked instead of asking for nerfs all the time?

U might agree with me Rhino need some actual rework and stat buffs.

I ask for them eveytime i see post about Rhino

Believe and pray for Rhino buff/rework!