Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Blade & Whip Fans, Mios Or Lacera?

(PSN)robotwars7

Mios all the way, my new favorite melee. I prefer a nonelemental weapon.

And I have 70% status chance with her too more then enough with all the multihits and she has better crit chance, better for my Naramon.

The only good thing, personal opinion, the Lacera looks like the scissorblades from kill la kill.

Dealing 1,200 damage with a 100% guaranteed Corrosive proc (Lacera) is pretty hard to beat, not gonna lie. That being said, I find the basic Blade & Whip attacks (no stance mod) to be extremely unwieldy. Don't know if they get any better with Defiled Snapdragon, but it's a chore to land stance-less attacks.

Edited by Ailith

Viral + Electric lacera to either stun or cut health.

Corrosive + Fire lacera to shred armor and health.

Naramon + Crit mios to become another loki (permanent invisibility).

Mios is faster, can do crits okay, can do status okay as well.

Lacera looks better IMO, status monster, better control of combos due to less speed (not so much speed loss compared to mios).

Lacera for pure status hell (very easy to get 100% with dual elemental mods), though very slow at the same time (slower version of Ninkondi with longer reach and less critical chance)

Mios for decent status and pure damage to cut down a mob very quickly, works great with Berserker, just add corrosive and fire or blast for armor stripping crowd control (knockdown) and eating away health or viral and electric or radiation for faster kills and stun or pseudo "Irradiating" Loki.

Mios seems like an homage to the Soul Edge/Devil May Cry sword. Mios seems like the obvious choice with it's higher attack speed, but Lacera might be like the Amprex-a killer status-niche weapon when forma'd.

I'd like to hear from someone who has at least 3 forma on each.

Single-bladed version: http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_Edge

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Mios seems like an homage to the Soul Edge/Devil May Cry sword. Mios seems like the obvious choice with it's higher attack speed, but Lacera might be like the Amprex-a killer status-niche weapon when forma'd.

I'd like to hear from someone who has at least 3 forma on each.

Single-bladed version: http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_Edge

Anyone that put 3 formas on either of these weapon is doing something wrong. I maxed out Mios without cheap dual stat mods elemental mods with 3 points to spare, and would only need 1 forma If I had Primed Reach.

Edited by Mileycyruuuus

Anyone that put 3 formas on either of these weapon is doing something wrong. I maxed out Mios without cheap dual stat mods elemental mods with 3 points to spare, and would only need 1 forma If I had Primed Reach.

Makes sense, but I would like to see straight 90% elemental mods (4 more points per) in a loadout vs 60/60 mods on Lacera and a primed reach, primed ravage, etc on Mios. I'll look into it down the line once I land stances and build up forma etc.

I've only put 1 forma into my Mios and my Lacera, not 3 - so, take this with a grain of salt.

I do have Primed Reach on both, and the Defiled Snapdragon stance.  But between the two though, I honestly prefer Mios.  The physical damage does make a difference, and it's just downright more fun to use on Valkyr when you have Eternal War equipped.  In fact, I like the Mios only slightly less than I like War.  I have Greater lenses in both, and end up switching between the two for fun fairly often.

EDIT:  In short, my opinion is that the Lacera looks better, but the Mios plays better.

Edited by rhoenix

Both weapons are amazing, it's really a matter of choice. The mios is perfect for a crit build and the lacera brings you 100% status chance and i love both weapons ( i use primed reach on both) But for all kinds of high level stuff i strongly recomend lacera with proper elemental ^^ it just outstands the mios on some of the high tier missions ( sorties and such ) 

Both weapons are amazing, it's really a matter of choice. The mios is perfect for a crit build and the lacera brings you 100% status chance and i love both weapons ( i use primed reach on both) But for all kinds of high level stuff i strongly recomend lacera with proper elemental ^^ it just outstands the mios on some of the high tier missions ( sorties and such ) 

It is a matter of choise indead. I like both weapons, both of them are different.

The Mios is a crit beast and have a good attack speed while the Lacera is a status beast with good damage but slow.

I personally prefer the Mios, I like faster weapons more and they feel more comfterble. It dosn't say that the Lacera sucks, it is an amazing weapon that can melt enemies by touch when whilded by the right person.