Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would You Like Valkyr Prime? Patched Up Regular Or Gilded Gersemi?

Othergrunty

Valkyr.

A Warframe, a backstory, a lot of debate and speculation.

Ever since Valkyr's concept art was shown back in 2013, there had been several interpretations and theories about her original form and powers. This also raised the question if a Prime variant of her could even be possible, since her original form could have different powers.

With the release of the Gersemi skin this year, a lot of this speculation has been answered.

We now can see what she looked like and it pretty much says that her powers had been the same as they are now.

This also means that there is nothing standing in the way of a Prime variant, which would have the same powers.

However there is still the question what the Prime variant should look like?

Now the obvious answer would be for her to look like a "bling bling" version of the Gersemi skin. Since the entire selling point is that it's what Valkyr original looked like.

However this would create 2 problems.

1. It would devalue the Gersemi skin as unique appearance (premium skin) for Valkyr.

2. It would waste the unique appearance of the regular Valkyr.

Why buy the Gersemi skin when Valkyr Prime allready looks like that?

Now this however depends on the idea that Prime Warframes are the "original" or "super prototype" versions of Warframes.

A common interpretation i can't however find any clear evidence for!

In the various descriptions, lore bits and other hints, i can't remember ever reading that Prime Warframe are supposed to be the very first versions or even that they were all made during the Orokin age.

We only have such informations about Prime weapons ala the Burston Prime.

With that in mind, there is actualy still the possebility that a Valkyr Prime could not actualy be a gilded version of the Gersemi skin, but a version of the present day Valkyr patched up with recovered Orokin tech.

So what would you prefer?

I think it'd be better if Valkyr Prime has her own unique Prime body rather than one that (too closely) resembles Gersemi. Though I don't see a problem if the Prime body would hint to several traits of the Gersemi skin; like those energy wings (I think they're something resembling wings) on her back.

Just no cat tail, please.

Edited by Vae_Invictus

I'm a bit confused about valkyr after the Second Dream, honestly, so I don't really know how things truly are in the lore.

Though, the Prime variant is supposed to be the true original warframe from which the standard frames were copied; now, if the skin is her real aspect(post Orokin) I suppose the Prime should be close to that rather than the post experiments version.

Edited by siralextraffo

Actually rhe "regular" form is the gersemi one with some external parts taken off, give it a look and you'll see: the shapes etc match.

Also, this NEEDS a tail and cat's ears. It just needs em. And no hooks on the tail, it ain't a fishing tool. Maybe spikes, or even short razor blades, bonus point if they're imbued with energy during channel/hysteria.

And maybe get rid of the blades ok her elbows, they look so wrong, esp with the bonds accessory.

I'm a bit confused about valkyr after the Second Dream, honestly, so I don't really know how things truly are in the lore.

Though, the Prime variant is supposed to be the true original warframe from which the standard frames were copied; now, if the skin is her real aspect(post Orokin) I suppose the Prime should be close to that rather than the post experiments version.

You could consider her Gersemi skin to be a Reproduction of her Prime variant just like every other Regular Warframe.

The Gersemi is what valkry's Mass production variant is. the Prime would be the Orokin variant Prototype of gersemi.

Basically Valkyr Prime would have the most drastic change out of all the Warframes, This isnt a hard issue.

The real issue would be Valkyr Umbra.

Edited by UtopioParadoxi

You could consider her Gersemi skin to be a Reproduction of her Prime variant just like every other Regular Warframe.

The Gersemi is what valkry's Mass production variant is. the Prime would be the Orokin variant of gersemi.

Yup, that's what I thought too, my confusion is more about the standard Valkyr after the Second Dream reveal...

Well, Valkyr is a bit of a anomaly for Warframe, since she has two forms.

However, since Valkyr Prime will be from the Orokin Era, she'll have to be based on the Gersemi skin. If she follows the path blazed by other female prime warframes, she will be somewhat different than the garden variety Gersemi. What we'll probably see is a very elaborate, baroque Valkyr. Think Trinity Prime. Like Nyx, Nova, and Trin, her prime helmet will have design elements from all the previous helmets, except for the Kara (nothing to do with the Orokin). So, elements from the stock, Bastet, and Gersemi should all be present to greater or lesser degree.

I'm thinking we'll really have something special with this one. Oh, and there'll be gold claws. Lots of gold claws. Bit, long, sharp, golden claws. Claws. Sharp. Pointy. Golden. Claws. And a golden ripline. And a transparent Liset. You know you want this.

However, since Valkyr Prime will be from the Orokin Era, she'll have to be based on the Gersemi skin. If she follows the path blazed by other female prime warframes, she will be somewhat different than the garden variety Gersemi. What we'll probably see is a very elaborate, baroque Valkyr. Think Trinity Prime. Like Nyx, Nova, and Trin, her prime helmet will have design elements from all the previous helmets, except for the Kara (nothing to do with the Orokin). So, elements from the stock, Bastet, and Gersemi should all be present to greater or lesser degree.

I'm thinking we'll really have something special with this one. Oh, and there'll be gold claws. Lots of gold claws. Bit, long, sharp, golden claws. Claws. Sharp. Pointy. Golden. Claws. And a golden ripline. And a transparent Liset. You know you want this.

major-nosebleed-o.gif

major-nosebleed-o.gif

You and your gifs

If I understood the lore correctly, then the "gilded gersemi" is the only option.

Which I find sad, cuz personally I think gersemi valkyr is..... not as impressive as the "Normal" Valkyr ...design wise. Don't wanna say ugly.... but I don't think gersemi looks nice.

But unfortunately a primed "tortured" valkyr wouldn't make any sense.

I'd rather have them stick with the lore and make a primed gersemi.