Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

16 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

I've got that Nyx skin for a long time now, most likely i will modify it heavily for the next release, we'll see ^^

I know you had one but I didn't think it would get in this round. Now I must prepare my wallet!!

7 hours ago, -Titania- said:

I know you had one but I didn't think it would get in this round. Now I must prepare my wallet!!

It's not confirmed of course but i'm making changes and resubmitting it properly for this round ^^

On 28/07/2017 at 8:18 PM, HitsuSan said:

I get the frustration trust me ^^ They were all submitted in time and not selected because of the faction thing though so there's nothing else that can be done. DE told me that directly so there's no mistake about it, if i want them to be published they have to change. As to the grineer like lines yes there might be some problems but it's not much my concern cause there's no official DE Grineer warframe so we are all making it up as we go lol ^^

Hi Hitsu. I can understand your frustration too, but your new version of Solida is very cool to me. More 'militar-ish' and grineer-ish', more threatening.

Just my personnal feeling of course. Imo you fitted well in their art specifications without loosing too much, so, pro game.

On 28/07/2017 at 8:18 PM, HitsuSan said:

I can't wait to show you Saryn! DE didn't told anybody about the halloween thing, that's why i was working on fixing the syandanas (that apparently are not being selected in the next round no matter what), otherwise i would have finished it by now ^^

Dude you are actually working on HER. My dream is coming true MAGAD IT'S TOO MUCH FO' MA HEART.

SOMEONE SEND A DOM PERIGNON TO DAT MAN.

22 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

Hi Hitsu. I can understand your frustration too, but your new version of Solida is very cool to me. More 'militar-ish' and grineer-ish', more threatening.

Just my personnal feeling of course. Imo you fitted well in their art specifications without loosing too much, so, pro game.

Dude you are actually working on HER. My dream is coming true MAGAD IT'S TOO MUCH FO' MA HEART.

SOMEONE SEND A DOM PERIGNON TO DAT MAN.

Well yeah, i'm not going to a bad job just cause they didn't like my first design, i want to make the best product possible :) The frustration is only cause this doesn't happen in a normal work environment, there should be no changes after the job is done and this kind of design rebuild they should happen mostly on the concept phase on paper. This way instead is extremely time consuming for everybody, the artists have to finish a product and then go back on the drawing board for that product to and make it a new if it doesn't work the first time, and DE is missing content cause in the time you make one thing and then go back at the start and change it the artist could have made two things (maybe one and a half etc). This is why it takes such a long time to get something done and ready, unless you play it very safe but i don't think any of my syandanas or even most of my skins would have never happened if i was "play it safe" artist ^^

PS: Oh yeah and i've got some super cool thing going on for Saryn, do you guys want to help? :D I need to make some research and i don't have much time. Are there any ingame drawings or painting that are canon? There are lots of seals and symbols but i don't remember something like a tenno drawing or some sort of stylized grineer writing etc. I'm talking about something that could be seen as graffiti or tattoos that are inside the lore of warframe. If you remember something like this and you can find me a picture of it i would be very thankful!

27 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Well yeah, i'm not going to a bad job just cause they didn't like my first design, i want to make the best product possible :) The frustration is only cause this doesn't happen in a normal work environment, there should be no changes after the job is done and this kind of design rebuild they should happen mostly on the concept phase on paper. This way instead is extremely time consuming for everybody, the artists have to finish a product and then go back on the drawing board for that product to and make it a new if it doesn't work the first time, and DE is missing content cause in the time you make one thing and then go back at the start and change it the artist could have made two things (maybe one and a half etc). This is why it takes such a long time to get something done and ready, unless you play it very safe but i don't think any of my syandanas or even most of my skins would have never happened if i was "play it safe" artist ^^

As a former illustrator, yeah, i think i see it from here. When things get messy like that it's a huge waste of time. I think everybody around understand the delays, artists have only two hands.

PS: Oh yeah and i've got some super cool thing going on for Saryn, do you guys want to help? :D

Yes. YEASSS. (*hit the table loudly*)

Are there any ingame drawings or painting that are canon? There are lots of seals and symbols but i don't remember something like a tenno drawing or some sort of stylized grineer writing etc. I'm talking about something that could be seen as graffiti or tattoos that are inside the lore of warframe. If you remember something like this and you can find me a picture of it i would be very thankful!

Well, tennos drawing are a rare thing, we still have all this with good translations :

Maybe you already know this topic. There are of course all the things we can find on deviantart etc but i doubt they are all canon of course.

Tenno painting and writing... i'd bet you can find some of them on Lua, or in dojo stuff. Sadly i'm not at home, and cannot connect until next week.

If i find any interesting stuff i ll post it.

Of course hitsu san!!! We all wanna help! We all love your work!

but I can't help but think why do you need so much fancy shmancy

Stylised writing?

Ps: have you tried looking into inaros' tomb? It has a bunch of pictures... not necessarily by Tenno but engravings of worship.

7 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

PS: Oh yeah and i've got some super cool thing going on for Saryn, do you guys want to help? :D I need to make some research and i don't have much time. Are there any ingame drawings or painting that are canon? There are lots of seals and symbols but i don't remember something like a tenno drawing or some sort of stylized grineer writing etc. I'm talking about something that could be seen as graffiti or tattoos that are inside the lore of warframe. If you remember something like this and you can find me a picture of it i would be very thankful!

Maybe try the new Ostron alphabet.

However, I'm not sure it's currently complete since we just had some letters to translate the Tennocon announcement message.
After some research, the most complete picture I found was this one :
mSqzDng.jpg

You just write in column up to down and left to right a bit like traditionnal japanese.
But this picture would probably explain it better :
message.jpg.9d3b5572b669b1c3523cf5765ee5

About the UH, OO, OH, etc... it's just phonetic like Tenno language work.
However, how I previously said, a lot of letters are missing so if you want to use it, adapt your words to the currently know letters or wait the Plains of Eidolon to release, but I doubt you will wait the update to work on your skin (especially if it's for halloween submission).

Btw, i dont wear a syndanda for Ivara because i think the bow and quiver looks better than anything.. but if you could make something elegant that doesn't obscure them then i could be interested in that. Maybe something which essentially hangs from the shoulder but looks like a skirt, only coming together at the butt and from the butt to the floor can be the main area of the design. Instead of long fabric straps from the shoulder it could be a solid design.. like a U shaped coathanger which holds the skirt. I think alot of people would be interested in something that doesn't obscure the back.

73VE6TB.jpg

On 8/1/2017 at 9:07 AM, tfninja said:

Btw, i dont wear a syndanda for Ivara because i think the bow and quiver looks better than anything.. but if you could make something elegant that doesn't obscure them then i could be interested in that. Maybe something which essentially hangs from the shoulder but looks like a skirt, only coming together at the butt and from the butt to the floor can be the main area of the design. Instead of long fabric straps from the shoulder it could be a solid design.. like a U shaped coathanger which holds the skirt. I think alot of people would be interested in something that doesn't obscure the back.

Uhm i see what you mean, i could make something like that but it's almost impossible to make it look right on most warframes. I'll think about it next time i'm making a syandana though ;)

In the mean time i'm almost done with the new version of Nyx Saturnia so i can focus on Saryn as well for the next release ;D

if u do a vampire skin i think it would fit something female better than loki for example. thematically inaros would fit but i think night form equinox would be best visually for a vampire theme, day form equinox could be a ghost form (shadow and moonlight equinox kind of). alternatively maybe valkyr even though shes more of a ferocious warrior rather than a stalky stalky vampire but still talking visually i could see that fit somehow.

Archived