Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

48 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

That looks really nice, I am digging that helmet. Good work man, my only complaint is that it won't make it on this next upcoming round. -________-

BTW, what does the name mean? Or did you just toss the alphabet on the table and picked the first words you saw? :p

white tiger.

7 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

:) I'm glad you guys are liking it, it's going to take me some hours to make a short video and the color schemes screenshots (those are relatively fast) then i'll publish it. What do you think about the grayscale colors? XD I was really unsure if i wanted to use some others for the standard colors but it's Ash... you'll definitely see more of them when i publish it though :)

I love the Grayscale.

14 minutes ago, Gemenai said:

Don't know if it looks too "clean" or too humanoid, but... I don't know, it doesn't do it for me.

Maybe the lack of dangly-bits. Maybe make the face more demon-ish.

And don't get me wrong - I can see the appeal to some people, it's a good skin.

No worries, i deliberately made it less edgier than vanilla Ash to make it more appealing to a broader group of people. If you love the vanilla design to death it's pretty clear that you may not like this one ^^

anyway here's something to try to make you change your mind a little bit XD

GQsQAjacBZUhq.gif

5 minutes ago, Shadow8600 said:

Yeah, that looks amazing. I can see a bit of the Hagoromo skin inspiration there, but I love that type of texture. Seriously looks incredible.

Definitely, the asian style is  something in common with Hagoromo :D But there's no warframe more ninja than Ash, i couldn't not do it :D

6 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Definitely, the asian style is  something in common with Hagoromo :D But there's no warframe more ninja than Ash, i couldn't not do it :D

I don't blame you, inspired work is always best. You really outdid yourself with this one, I hope DE stays as close to it as possible, if they require changes at all. This is definitely going in, has to.

4 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

anyway here's something to try to make you change your mind a little bit XD

Okay, that looks pretty good. I forgot the hagamoro skin is yours, I have that one too. So that makes 3 hitsu skins I own!

One of the main reasons I got the hagamoro is the texture, I liked the sort of... carbon fiber(?).... look to it. It's hard to tell from that sketch site, does Bai Hu have the same sort of texture? (btw, sketchfab does not play well with noscript :) )

Hagoromo is not made out of carbon fiber. she's got some pieces that looked like a snake scales though. Ash is way too plain to add some of that stuff, i've focused more on the suit design than the fancy materials (he's still got 5 different materials like hagoromo or most of my skins though, they're just blended with the design more than a clear separate cut so that it all look like a single piece).

The Ash helmet looks great, but the overal skin texture could use some depth, the skin would really benefit from this. It is true that ash doesn't have a lot of detail but his texture does have depth in it and looks quite realistic in warframe standards. Try it out and see how it turns out, if you don't like it you don't have to change it. 

Archived