Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons That Need A Buff

(PSN)Fac3kick3r_lolz

There is a lot of weapons that could really use a buff to keep them relevant and well... worthwhile.

Some examples would be :

Dera/Dera Vandel - I'd buff the damage of the Dera from 22 to 30 and Dera Vandel from 30 to 40 and buff the critical                                       stats as the Deras to reward Tenno for getting headshots (Dera's have no recoil)

Karak Wraith

Silva and Aegis - I'd buff the damage from 35 heat damage to 60 heat damage and buff status from 20% to 25%

Pangolin Sword

Duel Basolk 

Panthera - arguably worse than the weapons you build it from

Simulor

Daikyu

These are just some examples but in 2016 I think DE could look back at previous weapons

Whole game needs to be rebalanced from scratch while following a set of very simple rules and mathematical formulas.

e.g. no weapon that requires another one to build can be worse than its required component, for the simple fact that its cost is greater.

Edited by Mofixil

Whole game needs to be rebalanced from scratch while following a set of very simple rules and mathematical formulas.

e.g. no weapon that requires another one to build can be worse than its required component, for the simple fact that its cost is greater.

well it happens in real life with things, some times it just did not work out.

but yes I get the point it should be at least equal or grater then it was

My favorite weapon description from a player has to be related to the Prova. "This is not a weapon. This is a ruler from Alad V's naughty time with infested." There are many, many older weapons that need love.

I saved that rating spreadsheet because of that quote alone.

Akjagara.  They look great, as does that whole set.  But oh man, they're awful.  Definitely my personal poster boy for awful forged weapons.

Usually that means the overall stats will change and dps will stay the same

Usually that means the overall stats will change and dps will stay the same

Everyone seems to cling to 5 tiers of weaponry (crap/starter, low, mid, high and godtier etc.)

Mod scalability aside, base DPS would be e.g. 200+50*tier. So 250 for starters, 300 for lowtier weapons, 350 for mid and so on up to 450 for godtier.

Then we assign weapons to given tier based on manufacturing requirements, starters would obviously remain cheap credit weapons, lowtier could include weapons built used common materials and so on.

Weapon upgrading would be resolved similarly, where a weapon that requires another one would open completely different gameplay mechanics or be a pretty much straight upgrade. Sidegrades obviously remain in the same tier, upgrades that result in higher damage output result in the weapon being higher tier and so on.

Then we'd have to basically extend these 5 ranks over 30 mastery ranks that are available, but 6 rank for starter weapons would be excessive, so I suggest following pretty much a gaussian curve, where we'd have 2 mastery ranks at the beginning and the end dedicated to starter and ultimate god weapons, 5-7 mastery ranks for T1 and T4 each and then we can fill the remaining mastery ranks with T3 weapons.

But that's just a rough concept.

If DE were to already start pushing weapons for currently unachievable ranks, they'd save themselves some work later on. I think so at least.

Edited by Mofixil

As Mofixil said.

But also: Vectis, Vectis Prime, Vulkar, Snipetron, Rubico and Snipetron Vandal(?) -> in accuracy boost from 13.3, really to 100. 

Vulkar, Rubico and Snipetron really needs a reload buff... like, why 3+ seconds with such accuracy and magazine! While we're at it... Sobek... poor Sobek needs a huge reload buff, as it currently stands with whole 4 seconds.

Scythes in general, hello?

Couldn't agree more...every scythe in game needs some serious love.

Wraith Twin Vipers, need a twin grakata-like ammopool or innate ammo mutation...xD

The ammo stock should just be something like 1000 rounds standard. Even then probably burn thru it but it would last a lil longer.