Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Can You Stop Nerfing Stuff And Just Change Things To Make It Balanced.

crimsonspartan1

Last year there was a ton of nerfs to stuff which pretty much make stuff awful, the vulklok for example. They could of just lowered the firerate and not everything with a few buffs. Conclave is also a good example as there where many weapons which were Nerfed and never used again. Of course some weapons are op but you don't have to kill them. I also seen that thread about the nova anti matter change which nerfed the amount of damage it could absorb. I would really prefer if you could just fix up stuff and not kill them on the spot but only nerf the stuff that actually needs nerfing but not one which kills the weapon.

Edited by crimsonspartan1

I understand your sentiment, but the problem is balance is impossible without nerfs. Also, powercreep is a real issue which is better solved by balancing overpowered things instead of balancing everything around them.

I understand how you feel, but I've had my favorite things nerfed and just found new things to use when it mattered. Unless you have a solid evidence for the specific case of what you want buffed/nerfed/preserved, you need actual feedback to be heard.

In short, aimless complaining is not the way to incite change. You need feedback with empirical evidence for the specific content you speak of.

Edited by MechaKnight

Hard to say.

Good weapon + pro player = op

Good weapon + non pro = op

Bad weapon + pro player = op

Bad weapon + non pro = junk

So they balance it with nerf...but since you can't nerf the player. So they nerf the weapon.

But they can actually nerf the player. For example like that other game

RIP Synapse. Still regretting having maxed it, 6 Forma, wasted a week to do so, and it got nerfed right away, 3 days after the maxing. Wasn't worth afterall, yet dusting as the most in my inventory, since U9-U10 (2 years ago). Never used it again.

Same goes for other weapons.

The only exceptional buff was the Ignis. Nothing else got buffed as good as that one.

Glaxion, accuracy got nerfed quite hard, it's rather fluctuating than beaming straight forward.

Excalibur had a nerf against using syndicate mods, bye 180k waves.

Saryn got nerfed, yet the only almost "viable" skill is proccing as many spores as possible. Misma is useless.

Frost's Snow Globe got nerfed hard. I still don't get this one. Freezing enemies with the augmentation mod, pushing them back with the snow globe was shattering them instantly, why not? It is bloody logically correct!! If you push off a bloody ice sculpture from a table, 1 feet height, it will shatter right away!!!

Mesa...

... there are lots of more.

It is a freaking PVE game, not a pure PVP. If you want to nerf abilities or weapons, stick them strictly to the conclave, but don't ruin our joy on the regular PVE gameplay and flow!

If people want a challenge, the most stupid reason declaring a nerf, then start unequipping mods and start using dragon keys in regular missions, but stop asking for direct nerfes against the damage overall.

It's tradition to have these kind of threads daily, ain't it?

Nerfs must be done to achieve balance, power creep is an issue. Yes, there may have been some poorly executed nerfs such as the initial changes to Vulklok and Mesa. (No, t'was not a buff, at all!

I do agree however that buffs need to be done more often to most other weapons, look at Excal, Lex and Ignis, we need more of these buffs.

I've played other games where stuff has been nerfed, and I while I will never take Nerfs lightly, I have to say DE have done a fairly good job in their attempts to balance the game. I would like to see a lot more buffs to low-tier weapons though. after the Ignis Buff (that thing is awesome now), I'd love to see weapons like the Paracyst get the treatment they so desperately need.

Nerfs are the stupidest thing I have come across in my time on warframe. Really, a bunch of bored people who got nothing to do in the game anymore whining because one warframe is "too strong". I have been losing faith and still am every time I see DE listen to them. Really, go away and do something useful, count some stars or so

Last year there was a ton of nerfs to stuff which pretty much make stuff awful, the vulklok for example. They could of just lowered the firerate and not everything with a few buffs. Conclave is also a good example as there where many weapons which were Nerfed and never used again. Of course some weapons are op but you don't have to kill them. I also seen that thread about the nova anti matter change which nerfed the amount of damage it could absorb. I would really prefer if you could just fix up stuff and not kill them on the spot but only nerf the stuff that actually needs nerfing but not one which kills the weapon.

tell that to the players that cry about op weapons XD its them that talk de into nurfing stuff

try running sorties then come talk to me about weapons being to OP *dont make me laugh*

Nerfs are literally half of the balancing aspect, buffs being the counter clearly. I haven't been playing as long as most but I've been around for a year and seen some controversial nerfs, one big one being the gammacor nerf. Players who didn't understand mods well enough instantly threw out their synoids because they couldn't last with the ammo consumption.

Same deal with mesa, everyone was pretty upset of that one. But for the weeks and months leading up to that "nerf" about 3/4 of the recruitment tab was "need mesa for t4 def" "need mesa for odd" and so on.

Basically Im just saying you gotta weigh in those factors like overuse of a certain weapon or mod by the community. They want us to enjoy the variety not just stick to one weapon and one warframe so it makes sense to nerf over Used items.

tell that to the players that cry about op weapons XD its them that talk de into nurfing stuff

try running sorties then come talk to me about weapons being to OP *dont make me laugh*

.... Not really great example considering tonkor pretty much one hits almost everything on sorties =p

Overall warframe has lots of great weapons don't get used to using just one or two anD you will be fine, when one gets Nerf just move on

The game will never come close to being balanced. The most basic fundamental of the game is not even balanced in the first place. What im talking about are the enemies. They reach a spongy phase rather quickly and basically weapons becomes obsolete eventually. Wasting a whole clip onto an enemy with little results. Trying to balance weapons in the current state of things will only bring more repeats of balancing because there will always be a couple of equipment's that stomps the others. Fixing* the difficult of the enemies will broaden the scope of weapons that are useful.