The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blunt Blueprints

Valletta

So Grineer have a new inflatable fun bag that they can throw out and deploy, and they are pretty cool.

However they shouldn't be hogging all the fun, and I think the Blunt should be purchasable from the market as a BP, and then when build it you can put it in your equipment slot. That way I could build a bunch of them and make a fortress around a defense objective.

I think there should be no limit on the amount you can have and deploy, but have them be built one by one and cost a decent amount of resources.

Or make it a limit and have them cost less to build.

Also blunts have a set health for every level, however you could even maybe build upgrades for it that would make it stronger.

Edited by Valletta

would be cool to have them as usable gear, although there's the issue of how many can be placed: one isn't enough, and unlimited would allow us to completely seal off the map on defense missions, making them super easy. they could be made out of Alloy Plate, Ferrite, Detonite Ampules and Polymer Bundles; all expendable, easy to find resources that allow us to keep a supply of them.

*hits blunt*

So, this would make endless missions hilariously simple. Channel all enemies into tightly defined kill zones, hit with aoe debuffs, follow with aoe damage, and a hail of bullets.

Enemies would shoot at blunts and break them.

Bet you it woukd only be used to troll by locking other players into rooms.

Blunts can easily be destroyed.

*hits blunt*

So, this would make endless missions hilariously simple. Channel all enemies into tightly defined kill zones, hit with aoe debuffs, follow with aoe damage, and a hail of bullets.

I've played the likes of Sanctum and Orcs Must Die. I'd do this for sheer fun factor.

While the idea of our own deployable cover (besides Frost's snowglobe and other frame abilities) would be a great addition, at the same time unless DE sets it up where the enemy units will shoot our cover out, it could lead to even easier defense as stated above since the AI would probably treat it like their own. With no cap on how many you could lay down, players would focus less on room clearing ranged CC and just amp it to corridor range with all the damage they can grab.

But then again if DE adds Blunts for us to build, then maybe we could get Ramparts at a later date that set themselves at the level of the current highest being in the room (player or enemies), usable by all, and you only get like two to ten tops you can bring in the mission while only being able to deploy one or two maximum (deploy more than the amount and the oldest one explodes).