The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'az' Menu Poll: Stay Or Go?

[DE]Rebecca

AZ Menu Poll  

552 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I opened it once with my controller on accident, I'd never seen it before so I assumed it was made for controller to input text onto the chat window.

And no I won't miss it, never seen much use in it. At the point you want to start using it there are too many players with that first letter to find it fast anyway.

I'd simply like a popup to appear above the chat bar. When I type a part of their name and hit Tab, the popup will display users whose names begin with what's been typed. In programming terms: WHERE USERNAME LIKE 'DEREB%' would result in a list of users (limited to say 5) whose nicks start with "DEREB." In addition, the result changes as you type.

Many games don't even bother with a player list as it's really not needed. So I vote for that removal too. :p

Edited by Kenboushou

If I had known this feature was available I would have used it more often.  Will there be some form of replacement to quickly respond to an ever streaming chat?  It's hard to quickly msg people on there as it is and removing this I would think would make it harder.

???

Almost forgot that exists. It has a good purpose, but I think it could be implemented as an actual command instead (if one doesn't already exist) to make room for new stuff.

On the topic of chat UI- the resize "click and drag" part of the chat could use some sort of visual improvement. It's really hard to see a lot of the time- I didn't even see it until I'd been playing for several months...

I tried using it, quickly ditched once I found out that switching tabs would close the window and reset the position of the names back to the top of the list.

So unless that gets fixed... nope. Not gonna miss it in the slightest.

As a person who uses this constantly, this never happens, at least for PS4. The only time the list will shift position is when people log out and into the chat. When not on the tab, the list focuses on position, rather than the highlighted name, so so long as no-one leaves, it will be highlighted onto the same location.

Should someone leave the chat who was above the highlighted name, it will scroll one down as that would still be the position you left it on.

well i mean its not an annoyance or a problem in any way.. and its there for people to quickly go to a a name beginning with (Insert letter) personally i would not mind it being taken out

i find the person usually scrolling than i would opening that ui element and finding the letter!