Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Body Count Was A Mistake.

Rehtael7

The real balancing factor of this mod is that you have to sword-alone to get a combo multiplier. Guns kill easier and safer because you don't have to get close. Honestly, it's about time melee had things that justified how much more risk you have to assume to use it compared to a powerful gun.

The real balancing factor of this mod is that you have to sword-alone to get a combo multiplier. Guns kill easier and safer because you don't have to get close. Honestly, it's about time melee had things that justified how much more risk you have to assume to use it compared to a powerful gun.

"Risk"

*Using Valkyr*

I actually had to drop crit chance for Body Count. Anything else would have cut too far into my damage output.

Pressure Point, Justice Blades, Organ Shatter, Body Count,

Berserker, Virulent Scourge, Vicious Frost, Voltaic Strike.

(Frost should have been replaced by Volcanic Edge)

Edited by Rehtael7

I actually had to drop crit chance for Body Count. Anything else would have cut too far into my damage output.

Pressure Point, Justice Blades, Organ Shatter, Body Count,

Berserker, Virulent Scourge, Vicious Frost, Voltaic Strike.

(Frost should have been replaced by Volcanic Edge)

The red crits from blood rush would technically give you a higher critical damage then organ shatter, not to mention that it would be 100% of the time instead of 25% of the time (once your combo multiplier is built up of course).

Edited by rapt0rman

The red crits from blood rush would technically give you a higher critical damage then organ shatter, not to mention that it would be 100% of the time instead of 25% of the time (once your combo multiplier is built up of course).

wait, what happens when you breach the 200% crit chance mark.... #EXPLOSIVECRITS

Doesn't body count not work on Valkyr, though? I tested it myself and you couldn't maintain the counter while in hysteria.

Lil tip with Valkyr, hysteria conserves the combo counter on your normal melee weapon.

I used to use this trick to get into the early 1000's before the days of body count. If you put hysteria away, the combos for hysteria break.

I don't have blood rush yet.

OH MY GOD *Just looked at blood rush for the first time*

WHY IS THIS A THING? 

To be fair it's 10 rank silver mod so takes significant resources to max not to mention it's 14 energy at max rank.

That said it's INSANE. 

Edited by LocoWithGun

To be fair it's 10 rank silver mod so takes significant resources to max not to mention it's 14 energy at max rank.

That said it's INSANE. 

Take a peek at the screenshot. I run Eternal War too. Currently at 117% bonus. Just need to get the last rank of Blind Rage.

The real balancing factor of this mod is that you have to sword-alone to get a combo multiplier.

No you don't. Hitting an enemy with quick-melee will still increase the combo counter; it just doesn't show up on the bottom right of the screen.

I'm curious as to how quick-melee reacts with this mod, though. Can someone test out whether the +12s combo duration applies to quick melee as well, or only in melee mode?

Edited by SortaRandom

How is this not balanced -_-

Red crits aren't going to suddenly make melee somehow better than powers or guns.

All those combos just to get red crit, meanwhile Dread can do that naturally.

Also let's not forget guns got some really powerful new mods too.  People just haven't been talking as much about those yet.

Another note.  Blood Rush makes Pressure Point optional.  Think about the the importance of that.

Edited by Casval_Rouge

Wait...we finally get an improvement to melee combat which everyone was pretty much begging for...

...and we complain about it?

Huh. Guess I know how it feels now.

Yes and no. We get mostly an improvement to crit melees due to the crit chance mod, and... (shameless self plug) https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/597374-the-state-of-melee-weapons-balance-between-crit-and-non-crit-viable-melees/?