Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Alad V Get So Much Screen Time?

Hypernaut1

In contrast, I'd prefer more Vor over him.

When I started the game I thought he was going to be one of the tenno's main reoccurring villians. Hes the kind of bad guy I like to hate, but Alad is just annoying and slimy to me.

Edited by Hypernaut1

nope

they just don't need to pay a voice actor for him as he's some DE member if I remember

(correct me if I'm wrong)

[DE]Skree voice acts for Alad V. (I bet he's paid for it, or he just does it for fun.)

Though, aren't all early bosses a member of DE voice acting them? I'd like to see some more of Sargus. He's an interesting character, more deeply rooted in the aspect of an eye for an eye. The more honorable of the Grineer.

[DE]Skree voice acts for Alad V. (I bet he's paid for it, or he just does it for fun.)

Though, aren't all early bosses a member of DE voice acting them? I'd like to see some more of Sargus. He's an interesting character, more deeply rooted in the aspect of an eye for an eye. The more honorable of the Grineer.

I think we need more of Frohd Bek or whatever his name was.

He was only kinda... briefly shown during archwing I believe?

I think he's just a fun, popular character.

Interestingly, so was Sargas Ruk (and he still is quite popular, given his limited exposure) but we haven't seen hide nor hair of him since Gravidus.

Is he really popular though? Or is he just pushed onto us? Edited by Hypernaut1

With how the lore is advancing, it makes it REALLY hard to want to work with the guy. Everything he does even the "good" just feels like there's a backhanded thing going on. Besides that, he's an assailant towards female frames, and that's definitely something that should have gotten him killed a long time ago.

Ruk is less "douchey" and although his speech pattern is absolute crap (especially compared to Tyl's smoothness), but he's a pretty cool guy overall.

Is he really popular though? Or is he just pushed onto us?

A bit of both, I'd say. He's always been pushed as a major character, even from before he was introduced formally. He was the enigmatic signature on several transmissions that hinted he was a real power player. He's been developed far more than any other character, and consequently he's a better and more popular character because of this development.

Personally, I genuinely enjoy him. I do think other NPC's could use some time in the limelight, but I don't think Alad V is a bad character at all.

[DE]Skree is also the voice for Sargus Ruk, Caption Vor, and one of the G3 (Can't remember which one though). He's really good at what he does, considering none of these characters sound anything alike.

I'm getting tired of him to be honest. So many other NPCs (excluding Maroo, hate that character) with great personalities and potential, and devs keep picking the slimeball that supposedly went insane from the Infestation and threatened the entire solar system with mutalysts. But now, we "owe him". *sigh*

I totally agree. Sargas Ruk is my favorite boss in the whole game. I couldn't help but respect him. Still an enemy, but he's one I'd bow to before doing battle.

Grineer don't become repeats because...

1.  They're not going to work with the Tenno.  Like, ever.

2.  We kill virtually every Grineer boss in the least dramatic way possible.  Tyl Regor's existence was an event and a quest and then it was "go kill him" and there wasn't much story behind that moment.  Vor was the opening quest, then we cut him in half with little fan fare, it just happens and we move on.  Vay Hek threw Fomorians at us in an event shortly following the introduction of the Archwing quest, then we hunted him down in a trial.  Sargus Ruk's big moment happened during the Gravidus Dilemma.

Now as to why we get Alad all the time?  He was exiled from the Corpus.  The same Corpus which DON'T want to pick a fight with the Tenno because they recognize their power, and are pre-occupied gearing for war against the Grineer since Vay Hek's declaration of war during the Archwing quest.  Otherwise, the only "developed" character Corpus side is Nef Anyo, and every other boss is some prototype proxy we'll never see again because apparently no one keeps a spare copy of the blue prints lying around anywhere.

Edited by Littleman88

for one it just fits with the whole story. since we owed him a favor.

I prefer this over another

Lotus: "Tenno the stalker has recruited some acolytes, lets go find them"

The lotus has basically always been the one giving us things to do. And I really enjoy having multiple characters be integrated into the game more.