Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can The New Mods Redeem Old Weapons?

RagingGrizzly

Does anyone remember the Twin Basolk? I liked the Basolks when they came out, they looked really nice and they fit the Grineer aesthetic nicely, but when I got a hold of it... I think you know the answer for that one. It was a nice status machine, but uses the dual sword stances and has a very slow base attack speed.

Anyways, I was looking into my arsenal today and I thought that I would try it out again after maxing it and leaving it to gather dust in my ship.

But then I remembered we have some new mods to change things...

Z1GukuY.jpg

The Twin Basolk with the new mod actually made it fun to play around with! I was applying status quite faster than before with the attack speed not being hindered as Maiming Strike can make all melee weapons Berserker viable. 

You guys should try it out!

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

those mods barely do anything to dent the current balance, because all mods act as MULTIPLIERS low base stats will always equal a bad weapon, some weapons just barely crawled out of the trash but still cant see the light of actually good weapons

Meh build.

Building Status on Basolk is a waste as the attack speed and crit chance is already pathetic to a fault.

I would personally trade off Fury and all those dual Stat mods for 90% Elementals and a Spoiled strike, and turn it into a Spin hit wonder. 

Should get yu up to 2 - 3k spin attack and if that crits, its gonna hit much harder, and Berserker and Maiming will bring the attack speed up as well. 

Edited by YasaiTsume

I tryed with lato and skana...

tryed every single possible set  up....

lvl 40 corupted heavy is when it stop being any usefull

old weapons need some buff.. especially really old weapons

Twin bazlock cn be considered as a new weapon

Edited by Tsoe

Meh build.

Building Status on Basolk is a waste as the attack speed and crit chance is already pathetic to a fault.

I would personally trade off Fury and all those dual Stat mods for 90% Elementals and a Spoiled strike, and turn it into a Spin hit wonder. 

Should get yu up to 2 - 3k spin attack and if that crits, its gonna hit much harder, and Berserker and Maiming will bring the attack speed up as well. 

Yeah, fury is optional, and more damage would be nice... but I like fury! :P

But to deal with those higher leveled Grineer, I want to proc Viral more. I don't usually run 90% mods because of that. I do use Maiming Strike to get Berserker fully proc'd, but that doesn't mean I'm going to slide attack all the time just because it crits (Although the damage is nice), just enough to get the 75% from it.

Does anyone remember the Twin Baslok? I liked the Basloks when they came out, they looked really nice and they fit the Grineer aesthetic nicely, but when I got a hold of it... I think you know the answer for that one. 

I dont... care to explain? 

plzzz? =D

I dont... care to explain? 

plzzz? =D

The attack speed (0.833) hindered the potential of this weapon, and it didn't do much damage or have any other good supplemental stats (Like crit that the Zorens had)  either to justify needing an Atomos and Zorens to build.

Leaving the weapon for a long time and coming back with a fresh pair of unsalty eyes is good for some weapons. It was fun to play around with it.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Yeah, fury is optional, and more damage would be nice... but I like fury! :P

But to deal with those higher leveled Grineer, I want to proc Viral more. I don't usually run 90% mods because of that. I do use Maiming Strike to get Berserker fully proc'd, but that doesn't mean I'm going to slide attack all the time just because it crits (Although the damage is nice), just enough to get the 75% from it.

Yep.

Would be nice if Basolk actually had higher status chance to work with tho.

Worst thing is, Basolk was released right after Ninkondi, which boasted everything superior to it, without having a garbage build cost too.

Imo Basolk should be played unconventionally, so if yu find a build yu enjoy, yu can make them yur trademark weapons. 

Yep.

Would be nice if Basolk actually had higher status chance to work with tho.

Worst thing is, Basolk was released right after Ninkondi, which boasted everything superior to it, without having a garbage build cost too.

Imo Basolk should be played unconventionally, so if yu find a build yu enjoy, yu can make them yur trademark weapons. 

Or I could use weeping wounds instead of Fury and use more 90% mods instead of the 60% mods.

I should try that out.

Edit: Takes too long to get status I want up, and I need to use body count along side it to keep up the counter to keep the status. I'll continue testing, but it isn't looking good for that mod.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Is it because of its lower damage? Or because of the whole "Dual Swords" thing? 

Perhaps both, but I still like it! :P

It's because they came out around the same time as the prime dual kamas, which are pretty much the best twin sword in the game. DE literally went to the opposite end of the spectrum with these things, they would have been better as a heavy axe. I was mostly being sarcastic, and I do agree that the newer mods can breathe some life into some weapons, but there's a few other issues stopping that....particularly in the case of melee weapons. coughcoughchannelingisignoredbigtimecoughcough

It's because they came out around the same time as the prime dual kamas, which are pretty much the best twin sword in the game. DE literally went to the opposite end of the spectrum with these things, they would have been better as a heavy axe. I was mostly being sarcastic, and I do agree that the newer mods can breathe some life into some weapons, but there's a few other issues stopping that....particularly in the case of melee weapons. coughcoughchannelingisignoredbigtimecoughcough

Yeah, I agree. Hopefully things can be different when the whole "Weapon re-balance" comes around.

A man can dream.

no, it's a Dual sword Melee weapon (they're Axes, but are wielded like dual Swords.)

BTW, people complain about Twin Swords being slow, but have you tried Swirling Tiger? way faster and better than Crossing Snakes IMO.

Yeah, but when you got Berserker up to 75%, it's pretty difficult to get some of the combos going. (Not going to toot my own horn but, I got good timing with that even with the 75% boost...)

And i'm pretty sure he was just joking about the secondaries thing XD

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R