Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Matter Of Choice Over Efficiency

(PSN)Galaxy_Cicada

So one thing I see quite a lot is people advocating the same 7 or 8 weapons for endgame, and everything else is MR fodder. Now we also know with enough forma any weapon can preform at least decently in the endgame. So with that in mind, what 'sub-optimal' weapons do people find they just can't let go of/would rather use over the 'normal' choice.

For me, hate me all you want for it, I prefer my karak wraith over my boltor p. Something in the sound and operation of the weapon is just preferable to me. Mostly those across the map sniper bursts being hitscan allows.

Please, correct me if anything here is meta:

Buzzlok <- heaps of fun

Anku

Twin Gremlins

Grineer boomerang (always forget it's name)

Supra

Lanka (Meta?)

Karak W

Mire

Grineer chainsaw fists!

These are all featured in my loadouts, and used quite regularly!

EDIT: Also they're all fully formaed 3-6 times depending

EDIT EDIT: Does Gorgon W count?

Edited by KittyDarkling

Burston Prime, got two forma in. Synoid Gammacor, about to put two into it. Opticor, no forma, but is still a reliable beast. 

Oh and Anku and Venka. Those are really fun weapons. I could bring my Anku up to DNikana levels of power if I took the time to get Auger Strike. :(

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

The only times I bother with 'meta' gear is when I am going to do long term void runs, as in more than 40 minutes/waves.

Other than that I just forma and use gear that I find interesting.  Lately I've been using the Stug, Karak Wraith, Kohm, Serro, Ignis, Embolist (These two are amazing when coupled with Saryn) and the Burston Prime.
There really isn't a point in using the 'meta' gear unless you are going really far into the void or the raids, besides those two times most of the weapons will handle themselves in most situations if you know the weapon.

I have a braton prime that I use two different builds on depending on what I'm doing. The first is a status and damage build for high level missions. The second is a medium damage high firerate build for fun (speed trigger,shred,vile acceleration,and the new event fire rate mod) I've gotten some compliments and flak for this build but it's still fun

I prefer normal Boltor over the Prime actually, the latter is mostly for bling. So unlike a lot of people, I'm glad there's now a Telos version of it, too.

Gorgon Wraith is mostly useful as a status gun these days, but hasn't lost any of its appeal to me. It's great to have some fun with, see this post, for example. ;)

Oh, and Venka. Love those claws.

Edit:

I have a braton prime that I use two different builds on depending on what I'm doing. The first is a status and damage build for high level missions. The second is a medium damage high firerate build for fun (speed trigger,shred,vile acceleration,and the new event fire rate mod) I've gotten some compliments and flak for this build but it's still fun

Best build, haha!

Edited by Kontrollo

So one thing I see quite a lot is people advocating the same 7 or 8 weapons for endgame, and everything else is MR fodder. Now we also know with enough forma any weapon can preform at least decently in the endgame. So with that in mind, what 'sub-optimal' weapons do people find they just can't let go of/would rather use over the 'normal' choice.

For me, hate me all you want for it, I prefer my karak wraith over my boltor p. Something in the sound and operation of the weapon is just preferable to me. Mostly those across the map sniper bursts being hitscan allows.

Each to there own I say. 

Oh I agree it's about having fun, this why I started the topic. Also, Attica is a favorite of mine as well. My go-to primary for stealthy missions like spy

im in the middle, im an efficiency freak, but i dont only use meta weapons, my first weapon i forma'd the S#&amp;&#036; out of was the braton P, As mogamu said in one of his videos "It looks so good and it sounds amazing"

I play with what I like. I rarely Forma stuff. I just don't care that much about the Metagame that I would number crunch. It is a serious case of laziness more than anything. I'd be more inclined to forma all my stuff if Forma was more potent, but making it more potent would probably lead to issues in the current state of the game.

Thing is, I wont have fun with a gun that just sucks at killing. I always played Warframe desiring to go fast and mow down mobs. When the game wanders too far from that I lose interest immediately. I've almost completely stopped caring about Sorties because I personally find them incredibly boring.

For me to love a Weapon it has to be equal parts gorgeous and effective. I LIKE the Karak but I wouldn't be caught dead using it anywhere outside of Earth or Mercury. I wont have any fun at all if I let a gun inflate the time it takes to kill a baddie. 

I play with what I like. I rarely Forma stuff. I just don't care that much about the Metagame that I would number crunch. It is a serious case of laziness more than anything. I'd be more inclined to forma all my stuff if Forma was more potent, but making it more potent would probably lead to issues in the current state of the game.

Thing is, I wont have fun with a gun that just sucks at killing. I always played Warframe desiring to go fast and mow down mobs. When the game wanders too far from that I lose interest immediately. I've almost completely stopped caring about Sorties because I personally find them incredibly boring.

For me to love a Weapon it has to be equal parts gorgeous and effective. I LIKE the Karak but I wouldn't be caught dead using it anywhere outside of Earth or Mercury. I wont have any fun at all if I let a gun inflate the time it takes to kill a baddie. 

That's my feeling about Daikyu, I love how it looks, but Dread just plays better for me, but it's so ugly. 

Chroma and Talon as secondary pistol is freaking amazing together

since talon self dmg the user

a chroma with its 2nd and 3rd ability active it will buff its armor and output dmg at 800% instantly or kill it self in the process hahaha

lately i find these tanky frame way more fun than spam casters ....

then a Rhino Prime with Staticor haha...