Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple Accounts

IthellDeleye

Question

Hi everyone! I just have a quick question to anyone that knows more about this than i do.

I have 2 account, a main account and a account that i created to re experience the early game again. I havent played on the second account for a long time now but when i heard about RevXDev's ban story I got a bit worried about me getting banned because i have multiple accounts... I havent traded anything between my accounts and if its not ok to have more than one account ill gladly remove my second account, I just want to know about what the rules are and if its ok that i have 2 accounts.

21 answers to this question

It's generally handled on a case by case basis, but as long as you don't use your second account to unfairly get extra stuff you should be fine.

You can always contact support if you have further questions.

Basically this. Here is an excerpt from the Terms of Use:

'The creation of alternate accounts will be handled on a case by case basis, and we reserve the right to remove accounts used to circumvent any form of restrictions to the game or the Service including the official Warframe forums.'

But you could ask support just to be safe.

gladly remove

Gladly?

Its ok to have 2 accounts, but you cant trade items or transfer discounted plat from one to another

Why? Until you pay and buy their work is rewarded, isn't it? And who even buys the full price platinum? Ok, i a few times

Why? Until you pay and buy their work is rewarded, isn't it? And who even buys the full price platinum? Ok, i a few times

That is against the terms of the TOS and the EULA you agree with when you download the game.

You make different account to benefit your Main one: get a plat discount in one of the alternates, buy it and send to the Main one. Or get event Mods that are not obtainable in the game outside said events, send it to you main so you can sell them for plat. Or put all of them in the same clan and use them to raise you clan in the Leaderboards? Its against the terms you agreeded to and a Ban is justified.

You make alternate accounts and dont dont make them interact with each another? You can do that.

Edited by Kao-Snake

I think i have about 3 accounts.

The first was when i started when Warframe was still young, didn't play then, came back after about year, was clueless, left again.

The second was when i decided to start fresh because i was confused as hell.

The third one, current one, was when i realized i made a mistake at the beggining that could have made my life easier.

If we shouldn't trade event mods, why they are tradeable? How newbies will get this mods, if nobody will sell them?

Get platinum, ask in trade chat for mod, get seller.

Edited by BlazerEraser

Banned youtuber: this unfair, please everyone help me, I'm soooo sorry, I love the game, I'm trying to help the De. I didn't know, my little brother did it!!!

One of them gets unbanned. Hahahahaah F U!!!!

Who didn't see that not happening?

Digital Extremes should send Mogamu to Hawaii with a pre-paid vacation package, simply because as a developer you can only wish all your Internet media voices were as beneficial.

Just follow the rules and you should be fine on an alt account.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

As long as your two accounts do not interact (via trading to transfer items, active in the same clan/alliance, gifting items from one to the other, etc) and you're not using the second account to circumvent forum restrictions (such as a forum suspension), you're a-okay and not at risk of being banned in any way.

On 10.2.2016. at 3:34 PM, Venom-Snake said:

That is against the terms of the TOS and the EULA you agree with when you download the game.

You make different account to benefit your Main one: get a plat discount in one of the alternates, buy it and send to the Main one. Or get event Mods that are not obtainable in the game outside said events, send it to you main so you can sell them for plat. Or put all of them in the same clan and use them to raise you clan in the Leaderboards? Its against the terms you agreeded to and a Ban is justified.

You make alternate accounts and dont dont make them interact with each another? You can do that.

But for example. My friend doesnt like warframe anymore and he said he can give me all his stuff if i need,but doesnt have the game downloaded and is from philiphines where internet is bad. Can i log in his account to transfer items? Or still illegal? (Havent done any of that) If i have his permission aren't i allowed to do it?

39 minutes ago, CrispLV said:

But for example. My friend doesnt like warframe anymore and he said he can give me all his stuff if i need,but doesnt have the game downloaded and is from philiphines where internet is bad. Can i log in his account to transfer items? Or still illegal? (Havent done any of that) If i have his permission aren't i allowed to do it?

You logging into multiple accounts from the same IP and trading large amounts of items is probably what would get you flagged. It is exactly the type of activity that a hacked account would experience.

29 minutes ago, Wopel said:

You logging into multiple accounts from the same IP and trading large amounts of items is probably what would get you flagged. It is exactly the type of activity that a hacked account would experience.

I have 2 computers but they are on the same network so i guess he NEEDS to download the game if he wants to give me the items both ways.

Edited by CrispLV

5 hours ago, CrispLV said:

No, it's not alright. Logging into another user's account without permission of DE can and will likely get you banned.

Sharing login information with others is a very big no-no.