Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Focus Still Does Not Work With Shared Affinity?

SYL3NZR

^ title

Looks like every player that put a lense on low kill/affinity earning weapons and frames will forever be screwed over, instead of just letting shared affinity earn focus, even at a slightly reduced rate.

I'd like it much more if all the attention wasted on gimmicks be rather put into fixing the massive issues this game has.

EDIT: Patchnotes have been sneakily updated:

Convergence can now appear in Missions with players that have a Focus Lens equipped:

- Focus can now be earned through radial and shared Affinity gains rather than just personal kill Affinity Gains.

Edited by SYL3NZR

It will once the focus orb enters the game. It will allow shared affinity turn into focus for 40 seconds I think.

Sadly that isn't what the 'convergence' pickup does.

All it does is this:

Convergence will reward the player a 6x Focus multiplier for 45 seconds.  This time limit will appear as a countdown buff on the player

In fact it makes focus even less co-op.

Why?

Because only the person that grabs the convergence pickup gets the bonus.

Convergence will activate once picked up, and will only affect the player that activated the Booster.

So as of right now the focus system is less co-op friendly than it was before this update.

Because now not only can you deny other people focus gains by being a nuke frame you can also deny them the chance of getting six times focus by rushing and picking all those up yourself.

It will once the focus orb enters the game. It will allow shared affinity turn into focus for 40 seconds I think.

I wish they were at least adding some shared focus, but as far as I can tell from the patch notes, it does not indicate that. 

This was misleading. Red text made it sound like they were finally adding shared affinity to focus like they promised. Guess it isn't ready yet... 

Guys let's not freak out too much yet... they may be separately instanced for each player.  

Edited by Tesseract7777

I think OP would prefer it from someone with experience. I mean no offense, but you're still on console and only have access to the patch notes and nothing more.

Nothing in patch notes indicates that.

If so... Support? Pure stealth spy?

Nope! Better get those KILLS!

-__-

Support needs love. I mean, what're we supposed to do with this message beyond 'you aren't helping if you're not actively killing'?

And the fact it hasn't come with radial experience benefit just...how is Focus something that benefits from group play, again?

Focus xp does come from radial affinity now.

Also, the drop is picked up by each person separately, but can be pickup up by everyone.

Could you please provide proof of both of these statements?

Because nothing in the patch notes mentions radial affinity granting focus to allies, and further with how they are worded they don't seem to indicate that more than one person can pick up the convergence drops.

Because nothing in the patch notes mentions radial affinity granting focus to allies, and further with how they are worded they don't seem to indicate that more than one person can pick up the convergence drops.

My proof is that I alt-tabbed out with 20 focus gained on my Frost in the mission, then checked again after reading this thread and had 27. It is easily testable by playing the game.

As for multiple people picking up the drops, again play the game before complaining. It is blatantly obvious when a player walks through it and you see the effect of it activating on them, but it is still there to pick up.

I just got 400 focus from 5 waves of Kiliken, Venus while not killing much.

Edit: More proof:

foe.png

I just joined and have not fired a shot.

Edited by egregiousRac

You're full of it, because my wife and I tested it immediately after the update. Ran through a Ceres capture with her killing everything--0 Focus gained for the mission.

Oh really? Here is the bonus from an orb for which I stood in one place and did nothing for 45 seconds:

fof.png

My teammate could barely kill (unmodded MK1 Boar Strun at wave 15), but that is definitive proof.

Edited by egregiousRac

Tried this ( not killing anything to make sure that the focus gain wasn't from my kills ) a few times during that mission and I received Focus points at the end of Convergence's duration each time.

Edit: I have not paid any attention to focus gained without Convergence on so it's possible that it's shared even without the buff on.

Edited by archiadus

i'm not sure about Bonus XP, but i stood in a mobile defence mission and didnt shoot my gun at all or use any powers. i got focus for my warframe and also the gun I did not have equipped. this was all WITHOUT the convergence orb

i guess its just not in the patch notes,

Focus Changes: v 1.1

• Introducing: 'Convergence'! Read on to find how out these Focus-boosting drops work.
  • Convergence can now appear in Missions with players that have a Focus Lens equipped:
    • Focus can now be earned through radial and shared Affinity gains rather than just personal kill Affinity Gain

Too lazy to read, not too lazy to complain.

Edited by Epsik-kun