The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So U18.5 Is On Wednesday?

PrVonTuckIII

I don't think 18.5 will launch next week simply because they still haven't revealed any information about the new (mummy?) Warframe. That will probably be contained in the Devstream coming this Fri-day. I don't think they've ever kept their lips so tightly sealed on an upcoming Warframe. 

Personally, I resent this. I understand that they want to have some surprises in store for us, but don't try and label the game a 'beta' when you develop content completely in secret, divorced from the feedback and thoughts of the 'beta testers'. If this is how they're going to start doing things, they should announce Warframe's leaving Beta formally.

I don't think 18.5 will launch next week simply because they still haven't revealed any information about the new (mummy?) Warframe. That will probably be contained in the Devstream coming this Fri-day. I don't think they've ever kept their lips so tightly sealed on an upcoming Warframe. 

Personally, I resent this. I understand that they want to have some surprises in store for us, but don't try and label the game a 'beta' when you develop content completely in secret, divorced from the feedback and thoughts of the 'beta testers'. If this is how they're going to start doing things, they should announce Warframe's leaving Beta formally.

This game stopped being beta quite awhile ago. Now it's just a "Safety tag" honestly.

This game stopped being beta quite awhile ago. Now it's just a "Safety tag" honestly.

I agree with you that the tag 'beta' hasn't referred to the actual state of the game for quite some time. In my opinion, it's more of an ideology

It's an invitation, extended to us by the developers, to help them guide and shape their creation. They crave our opinions and our ideas. I have seen few games that are more strongly driven by the community than Warframe is. Of course, there's no reason they couldn't continue this practice past beta, but the the beta environment is more completely focused on this idea.

While they are often very open about all items that are in development (again, to open the doors to feedback), this is why I don't appreciate it when they develop content without telling us a thing about it. If they are confident enough that they feel they don't need our thoughts on new content, then it's no longer a beta.

Apologies for the random musings.

Warframe has been out of beta since u13 when they took the beta tag off of the game.

DE wants to be secretive,This does not mean that they had not finished with his work.

Goal of the new update is to surprise and delight us at the same time,so I do not doubt in DE and they will probably release update 18.5 in Wednesday.