The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Way To Level Up A Warframe

Tehsupahboss

Question

23 answers to this question

Apollodorus on mercury is a good place for newly forma'd stuff.

Why this, you might ask, it's low lvl. That's because affinity from enemies doesn't scale well with the level. Enemies level might double but the affinity will not. It's less than doubled and with lower lvl enemies it's less risk to loose affinity from using a revive and you can kill the enemies faster.

Edited by Liljeman

Please don't mooch on draco.

For frames I do either T1 or 2 Defense, mobile defense or survival missions with the frame and one good carry weapon equipped, usually a syndicate weapon. Sure not as fast as draco, but leeching on draco is scummy. Plus actually using the frame gets you a good sense for it.

Edited by OvAeons

So actually some of what has been said isn't technically correct. While it's true that higher level enemies will give you more exp, the gain is marginal when compared to killing lots and lots of lower level enemies. To quote the wiki, "Because the square root is taken of the enemy's level, the actual benefit of facing high-level enemies is minimal. For example, killing a level 100 Napalm would give 1213 Affinity, less than twice the Affinity you would get from a level 3 Napalm (623). Therefore, "farming" Affinity is easier when killing many low level enemies instead of withstanding very powerful ones." http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_Mechanics

That said, you're really better off on places you can handle going for a long time, either solo or with a randoms. Apollodorus is a great spot, as well as some of the lower level survivals, defenses and mobile defenses. Once you get high enough ranked gear to start modding up, you can work your way higher if you want to.

Not trying to encourage leeching.

Unless higher leveled friends just wanna help him out.

Please don't mooch on draco.

For frames I do either T1 or 2 Defense, mobile defense or survival missions with the frame and one good carry weapon equipped, usually a syndicate weapon. Sure not as fast as draco, but leeching on draco is scummy. Plus actually using the frame gets you a good sense for it.

I'd hardly call it mooching when that's what Draco's for. As long as he has a good weapon with him, he can pull his weight.

Usually you just stick in an aura to get some points and a survivability mod, like vitality or redirection, then take a high damage weapon and head to Draco. If the frame has good offensive powers you might wanna get your 4th ability first, which means hitting lvl10. You can also go to Lares, Mercury like wave 20 or so, (with a good weapon it takes very little time, cause you just annihilate waves) and put to use the points earned by installing some efficiency or strength mods, to make better use of your powers, before you go to Draco. But most of the time it will be quicker to just rely on a good weapon and do Draco straight away.

Edited by frohdoe

Apollodorus, low leveled Spy Missions, and for the more adventurous, Sechura.

ODD is good for players who are only leveling frames, and have a good weapon to clear.

Sechura is more managable if yu can just keep the pod safe, and plenty of people go there for credit runs, so just hitchhike on them, and don't die and be a nuisance to them. 

Edited by YasaiTsume

do you have aura mods?

put an aura mod on your frame that gives the most drain (obviously aligned to the appropriate polarity)

now stick one of your highest ranked redirections or vitalities in there.

now do any alert/high level mission and kill stuff (with your guns).

Eventually you will max the warframe out in a few hours.

Unequip anything that's maxed.

Any kills made by other squad members within your vicinity is divided equally to your gear.

Fewer equipped items = more affinity for gear that needs leveling.

This works for weapons, but not when you're leveling your Frame.

Kills made by one of your weapons give 50% Affinity to the Frame, ability kills (including Syndicate booms) give 100%.

Shared / bonus Affinity goes 25% to the Frame, the rest is split among your weapons.

Let me just highlight what OP wants : the best way to level up a Warframe.

I see a fair amount of Tenno suggesting Draco. I don't particularly hate it, but let me put it this way :

Draco is only good for leveling guns, you mostly have to sit for 4 full rounds for fully-leveling a warframe, which IMO is the utmost boring thing I can think of.

I go to Eris, Akkad. Dark sector defence, just take one decent weapon and you're good to go even with randomns. People there usually go for 20 waves, but you'll sometimes get speed novas who are there just for creds and will leave after 5 waves.

This is the place I mostly go with. The small & camping-superior tileset of it makes every frame-leveling easy.

Plus a fairly amount of eximus units spawns after 10 waves, which gives quite a lot of affinity.

Go to kappa on Sedna with one of your strongest weapons and you'll get an easy 15lvls to start you off.

I also found this fun & effective to go with, if you're not in the mood of exp-farming-meta.

But be careful with those weaker frames, it may be a little bit diffucult to level them, assuming you start from scratch.

I honestly usually go to Hieracon as infested are pretty damn easy. Put the aura on your frame and then Vitality and Redirection and bring a single good weapon. I usually bring my Simulor. You could also try leeching Draco.

This allows you to get cores/keys while leveling your frame. I do this all the time and end up with top kills.

Edited by mrwald0