The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Humor Me.. Plat!

(PSN)DJKaiToxin

So I'm just curious...

How much do you spend on Plat and and what are your buying habits for the plat? 

Do you buy 370 every month and try to double it with trade?

Do you purchase just enough plat to play with or more than you need?

Do you skip the plat and buy the new Prime Frames for $59.99 to keep up with what everyone else has? 

Any Tips for your Fellow Tenno on how to save it up without breaking the bank? 

Let us begin! 

i've been playing constantly for about 2 months now and i only bought 1000 plat on the 75% discount. Was enough to get slots for all the warframes so far and weapon sets for them. oh and a  proper skin for valkyr.

I had a few spaces bought by selling a few weapons in trade chat as well.

as for some scam-expirience by "trading" (it was really low but real) and as we talk here about real money and as we "should/could/would" share lots of information about our behaving and handling with real money in warframe for the wrong readers im not interested to share or talk about real money for warframe in the open forum

i would strongly recommend to avoid themes like that in the forum, its all our privacy and scamming is not funny and creates a lot of work for DE

thank you for understanding

Edited by Guest

I have bought the 4300pl pack, with the 75% discount. Im trying to not waste it fast and i try to win pl by trading too. Now i have 2700 and i want to see it at 3000 again. What did i buy? Potatoes and formas, a ton. Prime sets too :\_/

Edited by EcoLeCreeper

I've bought a couple of the Steam packs during sales only, the 4300 pack when I got a 75% off discount via login, and aside from that I've bought a few of the smaller packs when I've rolled smaller login discounts. I do make quite a bit in Trading too, though (through a lot of small sales rather than a few large ones).

*Whips out credit card*

I HERD SUM1 SAY PLAT!

.... oh what?

The last pile of plat I got was from bying prime access, and will probably buy it again with the Saryn prime access, however should a 75% discount come my way I'll probably buy another thousand or so.

That said, I've pulled about 2k or more from trade chat over the last few months, so it isn't like I really need to buy plat.

Since you are on PS4, I will address that specifically. I only buy plat during Prime Access. For us, it is the best deal. We do not get plat discounts on consoles (PS4 or XB1). So if you are asking about spending real money, then I say a frame that comes with slot and potato, weapons with slots and potatoes, and accessories in addition to plat, is the only way to really "buy" it outright. I tend to mind it carefully and supplement it with trades for plat as needed. 

The only other time I can say it's worth it is that once in awhile, the plat packs in the PS4 store go on sale. When that happens, if you are in need of plat, that would be the only other time to buy it outright.

I started in December and bought the Frost Prime pack because I knew how far I was behind and was having enough fun in the game as it was to spread some cash to a good developer.

I plan on buying the next one if I like the price because 60 bones a few times a year is reasonable to me.  1000 plat went a really long way for me on top of the frame and the other goodies.

as for some scam-expirience by "trading" (it was really low but real) and as we talk here about real money and as we "should/could/would" share lots of information about our behaving and handling with real money in warframe for the wrong readers im not interested to share or talk about real money for warframe in the open forum

i would strongly recommend to avoid themes like that in the forum, its all our privacy and scamming is not funny and creates a lot of work for DE

There is no scamming going on here.. and I'm sure if you've got an issue with talking about your own personal experiences of when you decide to buy plat to help you in the game then you could have simply not replied to the post....

I've posted in the General Discussion as something that people can talk about.. Perhaps I should have posted in the Players Helping Players.. I'm sorry if you were weary of this discussion! 

For those of you planning to reply to the original post.. please do not discuss your spending habits if you do not wish to do so.. it was just something to discuss! 

Look forward to reading how everyone is smarter at spending plat then I am! 

I've bought one PA, and one $50 pack with 50% off so it was $25.
Doesnt hurt to support a game I like if I wanna spoil myself.

99% of my plat is made from selling things from the void.
Almost MR21, and got almost every accessory + a lot... alotttt of slots. 

Edited by Vesiga

*Whips out credit card*

I HERD SUM1 SAY PLAT!

.... oh what?

The last pile of plat I got was from bying prime access, and will probably buy it again with the Saryn prime access, however should a 75% discount come my way I'll probably buy another thousand or so.

That said, I've pulled about 2k or more from trade chat over the last few months, so it isn't like I really need to buy plat.

So is that just a normal thing.. most buy the Prime Access and then save the plat from that for the Daily Log-in Coupons? 

I started in December and bought the Frost Prime pack because I knew how far I was behind and was having enough fun in the game as it was to spread some cash to a good developer.

I plan on buying the next one if I like the price because 60 bones a few times a year is reasonable to me.  1000 plat went a really long way for me on top of the frame and the other goodies.

That makes sense!! Sounds like you had the right idea! 

Edited by (PS4)DjToxin69

I have no idea how any of this leaves someone open to being scammed unless they're dumb enough to share personal information like credit card info etc here...

Either way, participation in this thread is optional.