Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Strength Reduction

Endorphinz

Some warframe abilities are just game-breakers, I think most of us will agree. I have a small list of (in my opinion) broken warframe powers. Certain factors, like just straight up damage, are not usually taken into consideration when I look at these abilities. I've also put some thought into what can be done to fix or tweak said abilities to being more moderate.

If there's one thing no one likes, it's a one-button wonder, right guys?

Mag's shield transference: Make it so that it can ONLY cause damage to shields, and not health. While this ability does damage, the fact that it scales infinitely makes corpus missions insanely easy.

Valkyr's hysteria: Remove the invincibility, and replace it with an armor modifier instead (maybe 400% or something)

Ash's bladestorm: Being invincible makes this ability highly spammable. Ash could still take (reduced?) damage during the animation, but be able to cancel it any time.

Trinity blessing: Have damage resistance cap out at 95% or something to defeat the "trinity blessing build". On this note, I feel like trinity needs a rework for most of her abilities anyways.

Mirage's prism: It should require line of sight to be able to blind an enemy. I mean, that's what they did to excalibur's radial blind because blind builds made missions trivial

And that's all I got for right now, let me know what you think about these and other abilities like them.

EDIT: added one I forgot.

Edited by Endorphinz

I think that the damage should be reduced on the energy waves for EB. It is extremely powerful as is, maybe too powerful. I've seen some people that want the waves done away with completely but it makes the ability what it is. This way it's more rewarding to use him as an actual melee frame as opposed to just sitting back basically using a fluctus on the ground. 

Please dont nerf Mag. Poor frame has like 2 uses in the game, one being mastery fodder, other being SD/ST

Valkyr... ... ... meh, nerf that crap xD

Bladestorm is already supposed to be getting reworked IIRC

Trins blessing is fine. Her powers dont really need a rework IMO.

I think that the damage should be reduced on the energy waves for EB. It is extremely powerful as is, maybe too powerful. I've seen some people that want the waves done away with completely but it makes the ability what it is. This way it's more rewarding to use him as an actual melee frame as opposed to just sitting back basically using a fluctus on the ground. 

I always thought it would be cool if Exalted Blade's waves were tied to his alt fire at the cost of a bit of energy

Remove all abilities. When abilities were mods that was OP, but now you QQ noobs have all abilities innate and made game even easier. Game should just be eximus mod stuff. Abilities dumb down this game and makes it too easy.

Essentially game should just be vanilla everything at this point.

Edited by GSDAkatsuki

Remove all abilities. When abilities were mods that was OP, but now you QQ noobs have all abilities innate and made game easier. Game should just be eximus mod stuff. Abilities dumb down this game and makes it too easy.

I remember those days, so many ability mods weren't even used; it was a pain that duplicate mods didn't stack with one another and the lack of a typed-search bar.

Edited by NekroArts

Some warframe abilities are just game-breakers, I think most of us will agree. I have a small list of (in my opinion) broken warframe powers. Certain factors, like just straight up damage, are not usually taken into consideration when I look at these abilities. I've also put some thought into what can be done to fix or tweak said abilities to being more moderate.

Mag's shield transference: Make it so that it can ONLY cause damage to shields, and not health. While this ability does damage, the fact that it scales infinitely makes corpus missions insanely easy.

Valkyr's hysteria: Remove the invincibility, and replace it with an armor modifier instead (maybe 400% or something)

Ash's bladestorm: Being invincible makes this ability highly spammable. Ash could still take (reduced?) damage during the animation, but be able to cancel it any time.

Trinity blessing: Have damage resistance cap out at 95% or something to defeat the "trinity blessing build". On this note, I feel like trinity needs a rework for most of her abilities anyways.

Mirage's prism: It should require line of sight to be able to blind an enemy. I mean, that's what they did to excalibur's radial blind because blind builds made missions trivial

And that's all I got for right now, let me know what you think about these and other abilities like them.

EDIT: added one I forgot.

i agree with every thing you said but mirages prism it is not op it cost amazing about of energy to use right. and DE fix mraige so she cant use synoid simulator and become a god killer. i mean really i walk in a room full of level 120s all dead. my mirage is behond op the whole blind thing should have a range reduction though. that would make her more challenging i use her to finish any job i am to lazy to try. and body count/ pole arms/ prime reach 400x my damage? to XD.

Please dont nerf Mag. Poor frame has like 2 uses in the game, one being mastery fodder, other being SD/ST

Valkyr... ... ... meh, nerf that crap xD

Bladestorm is already supposed to be getting reworked IIRC

Trins blessing is fine. Her powers dont really need a rework IMO.

Do agree with most of his comments on abilities being meh

As someone who plays Trinity however on a dailly base. The blessing is bullS#&$. Its the only real team-orientated ability that allows entire teams to survive stuff that shouldnt even be survived. There is one reason why at the endless (defense i believe it was) event there were teams going above hundreds of rounds... Trinity. 

With 1-2 good Trinity's, your team can NOT die. A developer could try to ban you and still it wouldnt work... thats how strong that S#&$ is. Never out of energy so its quite spammable to.

Still play my Trinity Prime alot but atm prefering alot of the more vulnerable frames seeing as having a godlike healer in the team is just boring as F***.

You will quickly find most of the forums against you on this, I think. There's a reason the issue has persisted for this long, and that's because people bring salt rather than arguments to threads like this one. Case in point? The comment above mine. 

On topic... I agree with what you're saying. 

Edited by TwiceDead

You will quickly find most of the forums against you on this, I think. There's a reason the issue has persisted for this long, and that's because people bring salt rather than arguments to threads like this one. Case in point? The comment above mine. 

On topic... I agree with what you're saying. 

Quick to label something that alot of people agree on as salt. 

Just because it is not your view on the topic does not mean it was salty . id appreciate it if you didn't belittle my personal opinion that people can do whatever they want as long as it is not against the rules or hurting other players .

On topic

Mirage will probably get the excal treatment eventually but its clearly not as important as you think or de would have done something

Mag is labeled "completely useless 90% of the time" think she could use a rework instead of an actual nerf 

Valkyrs invincibility is lame but if people like it whatever don't care .

ash's invincibility is honestly the least of his worries atm but he is getting a rework......eventually

and trinity really could care less she is more for long runs and then that gets into the whole loot system,farming,rng shenanigans people like to debate about. So touching her is a slippery slope atm with the community

So much for my apparent salt. 

Just keep in mind doing all that stuff increases the grind and farm time.

Farming takes long enough. And i want my strength.

Quick to label something that alot of people agree on as salt. 

Just because it is not your view on the topic does not mean it was salty . id appreciate it if you didn't belittle my personal opinion that people can do whatever they want as long as it is not against the rules or hurting other players .

On topic

Mirage will probably get the excal treatment eventually but its clearly not as important as you think or de would have done something

Mag is labeled "completely useless 90% of the time" think she could use a rework instead of an actual nerf 

Valkyrs invincibility is lame but if people like it whatever don't care .

ash's invincibility is honestly the least of his worries atm but he is getting a rework......eventually

and trinity really could care less she is more for long runs and then that gets into the whole loot system,farming,rng shenanigans people like to debate about. So touching her is a slippery slope atm with the community

So much for my apparent salt. 

Im glad there is still like minded individuals in this community.

I really dont like all these Nerf Threads, is that Salt? Cuz I feel opposite of what You feel thats salt? 

Soo You dont like Burgers with Pickles means I cant eat My burger with Pickles? Everyone has different taste and opinions. As quoted from these two fellas.

I didnt come in here disrespecting anyone calling names or even using profane language and You guys automatically get insulted and wanna yell we are SALTY. lol

Look its all a matter of preference and thats why DE made soo many Frames for everyone to Enjoy. I agree with buffing everything to a degree of balance, this sint PvP at all, no frame here should be mediocre and the Frames most cry about are Perfect.

Exalted Blade Hysteria for example are Perfect and You all cry its too OP Valkyr shouldnt be invulnerable, Exalted Blade shouldnt be a fluctus etc etc...

Soo its not Ok to spam 4 or Nuke Damage dealer abilities but its ok to spam everything else? Cuz its CC its ok?

The issue here seems like a Power struggle and spam issue huh? You dont like spammed abilities? Ask de then to Destroy Fleeting Expertise and Streamline then. If you think about it, why you come to Warframe in the first place? There is no reality here or logic. Just Powers, You maybe not a warframe player tho its available for everyone to play, Maybe You should play Call of Duty (Zomies arent real BTW) or Fallout 4.

My point is You want to Ruin the fun in this game to then have others come back into forums and make these

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/607728-fix-saryns-rework-please/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/610602-mesa-saryn-rework-energy-drain-miasma/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/538144-mesa-changes-buff/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/608326-banshee-re-work-suggestions/

Need I post more? Not tryna derail this thread Im tryna make an example which Im sure everyone here is mature and knowledgable enough to understand the Back and Forth struggles of Nerf Buff Nerf Buff, Its annoying asf and setting back warframe where we can be progressing into more evolutions, DE are wasting there time Nerfing this Buffing that, coming back to Buff this, coming back to Nerf that etc etc..

Im sorry if I seem to come off SALTY as You may say, I havent not once been rude, just discussing a topic in a positive manner and giving my opinion.

I keep it Blood Raw, i cant sugar coat noting cuz then Im just agreeing to something i dont feel. 

Lemme reiterate that Warframe is a PVE and the Conclave has aot of Balance and is being adjusted constantly for those of You who like Balance and nerfs and wanna feel expert with Your Guns and Swords. 

Now how come all of You complainers dont play PvP? I get on PvP and have a hard time finding Matches, why is PvP soo dead?

Heres my conclusion, some of You wanna destroy frames and have your prefered frame be the new Nuke and OP Frame.

You wish to see Hydroid Buffed? Zephyr? Mag? Mesa? Saryn? Etc...

Instead of asking Lets Nerf this, and Buff that. Why not just ask to Buff and make something better? Leave whats perfectly fine alone.

Its actually hurting the game more then its benefiting it.

As the Stated above reply said You are actually making the grind harder then making it easier. Some people cant be here all day to grind like others. Due to School, work, Kids, Family, Girlfriends. This game is an endless annoying grind. 

Most of You come here Strictly as Free to Play, cool. But some of us also spend money and time as well which should be respected as Money isnt falling out the sky and this game isnt a necessity but a luxury. I would like to enjoy this game instead of keep being disappointed because the Nerf brigade is out to spoil the Fun.

I cant stress how much this means alot to me, I Love Warframe. Its my favorite game and i am captivated by it, but sometimes i do wish this was just a Triple A game I can just pop in a CD and play alone without logging in cuz some of You kids are annoying. Some of You guys here are awesome and alot of talented Folks but i also encounter alot of ignorance and childishness along with constant back and forth Nerf after Nerf threads.

Do you really like Weak Frames? I mean think about it, not from Your perspective but as from Others.

You dont like EB cuz the waves and its too OP? What will the new player who Loves EB and is his only Power Frame feel when You dump it in the Trash?

He might just quit and never play again. I have a few Mesa fans in My clan that barely play, some have been afk over 90 days thats sad.

They hop on and ask, any new Nerfs or Buffs? Praying there Favorite Frames are relived again to enjoy.